Ranking
Original Post
Sets
I've seen people make cool jointed sets but i don't understand how all the lines are straight and not wonky.When I try all the lines i drew end up being wonky because of the mouse.Is there any tool in gimp to make straight lines
They use Tablet? Like you know, the tablet thing that where you used to draw it with your stylus ( or whatever you call it ).
https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Straight_Line/

TL;DR hold down shift while drawing a line to make a straight line.

Tip: use Google next time. Google is your best friend. I found this instantly.
Oh, that's definitely a nice set. Well, people making sets like that most likely do have a drawing tablet which they probably use to draw other, non-Toribash things on too. All I can say as someone who doesn't really draw is, practice makes perfect. Make sketches first, know your color scheme and shading, mapping (which I suppose is the hardest part, especially well-done on that set) and proper use of the drawing programs too. Lastly, never give up. It's very important that you keep trying. Not having a tablet doesn't necessarily mean you can't draw good textures, it's just a bit less convenient.

Some other guys could probably tell you a bit more about how to make a full set. I can only imagine how difficult it could be.
Last edited by Slau; Dec 2, 2016 at 05:26 PM. Reason: keyword
Everything is possible. If by laptop drawing you mean you only use a touch pad, I would recommend you to use a mouse instead.

I think instead of a straight line, you wanted to draw a smooth line. Is this correct? If so, I looked up something. Select the pencil tool or something else to draw lines, and tick the box that says something that looks like 'smooth stroke'. Now, to smoothen your lines, increase the 'weight' value by a few hundred or so. Doing so will make the cursor drag out the line you're drawing, and this line will find it's average path. As a result, your lines will be way smoother. Feel free to experiment with this as much as you'd like.

Happy drawing!
Well I just did it.

long image

If this dock under the toolbox doesn't appear to be anywhere, it's probably undocked. To get it back, on the top of the main gimp window, press 'Windows', then 'Dockable Dialogs', then 'Tool Options'. It should come back. Also, if you're annoyed at some point that gimp has like 3 separate windows at once, like I was, you could also enable 'Single Window Mode' under the same 'Windows' header. Just a free tip. Helps get rid of the clutter.

I have a lot of gimp knowledge at this point because all I did was making transparent backgrounds, running into problems and figuring out things by accident.