Toribash
Original Post
[REL&WIP]Parkour Training
Yep! My first mods are here! Modding is easier than I thought! These are training mods for basic parkour stuff: vaults, jumping from platform to platform, sliding, monkey bars... I made them for myself, so I can train and get better at parkour. I thought that I won't bother anyone if I post them here, so here they are:

tpk_vaulttraining

A basic mod, run for a few meters then vault over the low wall. Grab it, if you must! The wall isn't too wide, but it allows you to do all kinds of vaults.

tpk_runandjump

Run a little, then jump and try to keep on running! The gap isn't too big and the second block is grabbable, so you can backflip/frontflip/whateverflip without fearing you won't make it! It's really fun!

tpk_monkeybartraining & tpkmonkeybartraining_nofriction

Release the chimp within! Run, jump and swing like a real monkey! There are two bars, and two is better than one (not in all cases; two fractures aren't better than one ;) )! The second block is grabbable, so if you think you just can't make it, just grab!
The _nofriction one is basically the same: the difference is that the bars are slippery, which adds to the challange!

tpk_slidetraining

Run and slide across the red patch of awesomeness! My technique isn't so good, so I couldn't really do a good slide, anyone who can post a replay of a good slide will be thanked!

Well, that's it for my first mods, and my first mod release!

Post replays of you trying, failing or doing, um, stuff in these mods!

Soon to come: Jump the Fence, Slide down the Ramp and Parkour Course with All Kind of Stuff that I put in the training mods.

Suggestions and constructive criticism appreciated, and so are replays!

Have fun!

EDIT!!!!!: Check the game rules from the mods. If the gravity isn't -30 (like aikido/sambo) then change it to be so. Thank you!
Attached Files
tpk_vaulttraining.tbm (514 Bytes, 1614 views)
tpk_runandjump.tbm (635 Bytes, 1284 views)
tpk_monkeybartraining.tbm (864 Bytes, 964 views)
tpk_monkeybartraining_nofriction.tbm (894 Bytes, 858 views)
tpk_slidetraining.tbm (532 Bytes, 929 views)
tpk_highvaultvip.tbm (751 Bytes, 800 views)
Last edited by tiniuclx; Apr 23, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
very nice , I like this .

alot of people are getting into the free running , parkour and acrobatics so this will help with practice 9/10

( you could have added some objects for looks tho lol )
Well, guys, thank you for posting and downloading! I'll be away for a week, I'm going to the National Physics Olympiad, I probably won't have access to a computer, but if I do, I'll check this thread.

Have fun and wish me luck!
Thanks man, appreciate the effort. I've been trying to learn freerun recently and these mods will surely help. Will get back with some cnc after I play them all
Well, it's very fun in here, I can't wait to hear your CC, devil.

I'm on my phone right now, mods won't be coming soon, but suggestions are very appreciated and reccomended. See ya!!!
Aww, those mods are amazing!
I´ve tried the vault and jumping mod.
See what i got!
I´ll maybe add a pose after the simple vault, if u don´t know what a simple vault exactly is, then u should check out this Video here:
Attached Files
Chreeys_parkour_training_flip.rpl (204.4 KB, 167 views)
simple_vault.rpl (78.4 KB, 153 views)
Last edited by Chreeys; Apr 1, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
[GU] [RL][Epic Replay Theard][Realism Player][deviantART]