Ranking
Original Post
Gta 4 graphics!
A friend of mine got gta 4 for christmas.
he also got a new pc, and it really a new one ( i thought the pc costed around 1000€ or more ).
but when he runs gta 4 he cant go to graphic max. but when he is doing it although, gta 4 breaks down.
it says: "you can only use 213 ram for this game"
but it should run more, dont it?
pls help that my friend can play on max.

thx,
~olik
Check out my Youtube!
What are his computer specs?

Well I'm assuming his gpu is older and only has 256 mb of ram. Although most new computers at that price have good gpu's with 512 mb or 1 gig of ram.

If it IS due to an older style gpu, the easiest fix would be to buy a new one. I had a gt 220 that was able to play gta iv at decently high settings. I just had to keep draw distance at about halfway. Everything else was maxed. It had 1 gig of memory.
Last edited by Malvado; Dec 28, 2009 at 05:52 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
i think he got 4 gig ram and 1 tb space...
i dont remeber exactly.
yesterday he turned all the graphics on max. but some just dont wanted to go higher.
but i dont think this is important.
we turned anything ,that we were able to, on max and did the lowest Resolution, it runs awesomely smooth now
Check out my Youtube!
Well I wouldn't know since a run gta 4 at 800x600 at all low and still get about 8 fps :v

But sometimes DEP (Data execution prevention) will close the application immediatly to prevent serious system damage. Or maybe the res. was not compatible with the monitor itself. just suggestions.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"