Request: Student Membership
Name: Pegasus
Languages: English, Portuguese

restarted with sparring this week
Attached Files
second day.rpl (349.4 KB, 6 views)
first day.rpl (60.7 KB, 5 views)
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - DeviantArt - Scorpius
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif[/SIGPIC]
Want to be a teacher?
Request: Teacher Membership
Name: HOPE
Languages (Must be fluent in them): English
2 Replays of your spars:
I added a little parkour replay that I did with R0i a long time ago.

Just to clarify that I do not play Toribash anymore... but I do tend to visit the forums every now and then I do however still know how to Spar, Trick and Parkour with some knowledge and I believe that I am still pretty decent at it (I hope) I may not be as good as most of these guys and or gals, but I might as well try to get into something that I used to enjoy doing
If I don't get into this org, then no hard feelings <3

Thanks <3
Attached Files
Hope never ends (1).rpl (587.3 KB, 11 views)
SparK (1).rpl (624.5 KB, 6 views)
!Parkour-Hopev2 (1).rpl (1.25 MB, 4 views)
hey so as teachers shouldnt a teaching regimen be established?

like are we going to absolutely FOCUS on realism, (which in itself is a controversal topic), or something a lot more freeform in finding your own style or being creative?

i say this becaue with as much talent as we will gather we aren't going to always agree with each other
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
good question. i do have an answer:

sometime soon, i intend on fleshing out the OP more, specifically going to try to get the GMT's of all teachers so students know who they can go to for quick questions or even a sparring session. a teachers job is actually relatively simple, but can be time consuming. optimally, teachers and students should be communicating with each other quite often.

during spars or on these forums, a student should be asking questions related to sparring and improvement and a teacher should provide them with some answers.

you can either give a student a mold to form to, or help them create their own. depends on how the student feels about it, as both options can be beneficial.

here's an odd little comparsion i'd like to make: as RSO teachers, you're the staff of this organization. some of us will be tertywerty, some of us will be duck, and some of us will be watermagic.

idk these dudes, i literally just read off the staff list but the point i'm trying to get at is we'll all be different and have different skill sets to utilize but, regardless, we're here to provide a community for those who enjoy sparring and wish to improve

if the student wants to focus on realism, they can communicate with a teacher who is really knowledgeable in making movements feel more realistic
if the student just wants to spar and create their own style but don't know where to start, then there's teachers to provide insight on that too

tl;dr the regimen is "be here, answer questions, spar students, discuss & cnc whenever possible". realism is not the focus, it's an option.

hope i didn't give you a wall of gibberish, tsu tsu cuckoo

on another note:

Pegasus: good to see! accepted!

Hope: i really like your flow, there's some obvious refining and polish to your style. let's hope that having you in this org will entice you to get more active, as i'm hoping it will for me, haha. accepted!
Last edited by Marrez; Aug 25, 2018 at 07:29 AM.
beware
the goblin
Originally Posted by Marrez View Post
Hope: i really like your flow, there's some obvious refining and polish to your style. let's hope that having you in this org will entice you to get more active, as i'm hoping it will for me, haha. accepted!

That is probably the nicest compliment somebody has ever said about my replays... *sniff* bootiful Marrez *taps head* i love you.

Also thanks for accepting me! So do we just CnC replays and help people improve? how does this work
Request: Student Membership
Name: Instep
Languages: English, Indonesian
Attached Files
Last edited by Instep; Aug 25, 2018 at 02:04 PM.
"It doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful"
My replay thread
HOPE: like i said to tsu tsu; real simple task. just time consuming. cnc when a student shares a replay they're proud of, point out where they've certainly improved and where you think they should still improve, and occasionally try to spar students. be a positive helping hand

Instep: holy shit, yes. your style is clean, you could easily take a teacher role. accepted! hope you'll eventually feel comfortable enough to bounce up.

On another note, currently in the works of making an RSO discord. I'll be asking you guys questions on the fanciness of it in the future, but only after i set the foundation for it
beware
the goblin
Student Membership
Name: kurokaen
Languages: portuguese and english
2 Replays of my spars:
fimmy toribsah discorD DECAPgo be on fire somewhere elseₜₕₑ fᵢᵣetck listener
Hoi Bois
Student Membership
Name: Stance
Languages: English
2 Replays of your spars

I just recently found my style so excuse any inconsistencies in my playing, I like to stay on my feet as much as possible and throw some flashy kicks and spins in there occasionally. Also, I put as many decent replays as I had cause I just got a new pc and didn't back up any replays. :/ p.s the Ninja attacks sacred tea is right when i came back to toribash 2 months ago
Attached Files
[spar] Plop gets Plopped.rpl (757.1 KB, 3 views)
[spar] ploop.rpl (544.1 KB, 4 views)
[spar] Akutie kills me.rpl (590.4 KB, 3 views)
[spar] Rawrrr.rpl (1.23 MB, 2 views)
[spar] Dad vs Son.rpl (1.94 MB, 4 views)
aza_teahouse.tbm (28.4 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Stance; Aug 26, 2018 at 02:29 AM.

kurokaen: accepted, love the flow and creativity you've got!

Stance: only needed two replays, but accepted! i can see that you do try to stay on your feet, and that's a really good focus to have!
beware
the goblin