Ranking
Original Post
Chart thread
Because these are fun
Put in your favorite albums in the boxes
http://top50.topsters.net/
If topsters is down you can use this
https://topsters2.herokuapp.com/

I don't care which size the chart is in, could be a simple 3x3, as long as it contains your favorite albums.
Honestly curious about what people here listen to.

mine

Discuss charts, give recommendations, have fun!
Last edited by Lazors; May 22, 2016 at 11:37 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
fucking Lazors
every time with the humongous amount of artists that i cant even read
the only ones i know from that list are Richard Youngs, Popol Vuh and Charles Mingus

HUGE image

i always feel stupid when making these charts, i find it hard to be consistent with them
didnt put them in any particular order
probably not my all time favourites
more like a mix between favourites and stuff i really like right now
Last edited by pusga; May 22, 2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: fixed a thing
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
fucking Lazors
every time with the humongous amount of artists that i cant even read
the only ones i know from that list are Richard Youngs, Popol Vuh and Charles Mingus

Sorry should be easier to read now
It's mostly classical and progressive rock and a bit of pop music here and there.

i always feel stupid when making these charts, i find it hard to be consistent with them
didnt put them in any particular order
probably not my all time favourites
more like a mix between favourites and stuff i really like right now

I don't know much from your chart either. I like tortoise and sonic nurse. It's been too long since I listened to FSOL.
I've listened to kraftwerk a little, starting with their first albums. They didn't stick, but I want to listen to tour the france and autobahn some day.
I don't think anyone expects these to be consistent, I have a hard time ranking albums too.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore

no particular order

i listen to like 15 albums a day but these are the ones i managed to name off the top of my head

most of these are just what i like rn

bring on the /mu/
Ahhh fuckk!!3)it’s 2LIT . >>>>
cats i havent listened to most of that so not much to say from me i guess. i like the opener track in To Be Kind, although i admit i never got past the first few ones in that album

Lazors: haha i was (kinda) joking about the artists thing, i am always overwhelmed by your choices because they always seem completely alien and outlandish to me

Tour De France is the only Kraftwerk i like, very techno-y. Aerodynamik is a super fun song.
I think the only reason i like FSOL is because i am fascinated by how their music has aged. For example, i imagine how listening to Lifeforms must have felt like walking through a really futuristic robotic forest when the album came out, and now it has aged. But the age only made it feel like walking through a forest that progressively turns into some sort of dated, abandoned facility. In that way i think it is accidentally really cool.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by cats View Post

no particular order

i listen to like 15 albums a day but these are the ones i managed to name off the top of my head

most of these are just what i like rn

bring on the /mu/

Nujabes is pretty cool. Long time since I listened to him.
I have a problem with swans, never got their appeal, sadly.
I've listened to dance gavin dance but I wasn't too interested.

Here's some rap that I was into a while ago. Maybe not too interesting for people who like hip hop, I mainly like them for doing interesting musical stuff.

@Pusga I'll keep that in mind if I listen to them again.
Last edited by Lazors; May 24, 2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: never***
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post

mine

I don't know much in here besides the 60's psychedelic stuff. Red Krayola and Amon Duul II are both awesome. Never really got into Popul Vuh for some reason though.

Maybe it's because I'm not European enough to get super passionate about krautrock, but my favorite psychedelia from that era has always been The United States of America. It's more poppy than the Euro stuff just with a bunch of wacky electronics instead of guitars.

Originally Posted by pusga View Post

HUGE image

You already basically know what I like. Tortoise, Lightning Bolt, Sonic Youth, BoC, Autechre, Amon Tobin are all cool. Looks like you're listening to ambient stuff a lot, which I've always had trouble getting into. Eluvium is one of the exceptions that I really enjoy.

Originally Posted by cats View Post

no particular order

I like Death Grips, SOAD, Swans, MF DOOM, and Nujabes here. I've had Grouper downloaded on my computer for like 2 years but still haven't listened to any of her music yet lel.

I like early Swans way more than their current stuff personally, check out Filth if you want something angry. I see Emerson, Lake, and Palmer on there, have you listened to King Crimson or Yes? If I'm gonna listen to progressive rock those are my guys.

Also I just started listening to bsd.u because I liked the album cover and this is dope

Here's my stuff, in relatively descending order

[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Originally Posted by Larfen View Post
I don't know much in here besides the 60's psychedelic stuff. Red Krayola and Amon Duul II are both awesome. Never really got into Popul Vuh for some reason though.

Maybe it's because I'm not European enough to get super passionate about krautrock, but my favorite psychedelia from that era has always been The United States of America. It's more poppy than the Euro stuff just with a bunch of wacky electronics instead of guitars.

I understand if you don't like popol vuh in general since they kind of are just a bunch of wacky electronics, but Hosianna Mantra is nothing like the rest of their discography. I like most of their albums though.

Based on your trout mask replica I could recommend Tipographica. Complete disregard for rhythmical figures is always fun, especially if done well. Since you're into psych you have to check out Kokkyou Junreika, it's one of my favorite albums. It might be just bias though, since nobody else seems to like them. Älgarnas Trädgård is another nice psych band, a crazy mix of indian, folk, kraut and space rock.
I also love Gong for being possibly the most fun band on my chart. Daevid Allen is insane on a whole different level.
Most of the stuff in my chart that isn't classical is either prog or psych rock.

USA didn't pull me in too much but I should give them a honest try. Thanks!

Here's my stuff, in relatively descending order

+Mingus, Spiderland, Tortoise, Cohen
Rest I haven't listened to. I like Beefheart but I never listened to trout mask. I'm really good at avoiding the popular albums for some reason. I don't like loveless, but I haven't given it a good chance either. I might end up liking NIN if I just sit down and listen to them, I heard they were influenced by neubaten.
Last edited by Lazors; May 24, 2016 at 10:10 PM.
Originally Posted by THIGGIST View Post
nice spiderland and loveless

hello

+Thou, Septicflesh, Ulver, Isis, Alcest, Leviathan, Enslaved
Man septicflesh was a while ago, i listened to the great mass a lot
I discovered my love for bergtratt at the way home from a new years party on a crowded train full of noisy drunks
Haven't listened too much to Isis but they're good. I liked Scar sighted and Ecailles too.
Enslaved is probably good, listened to frost a while ago but don't remember too much of it.
-Eyehategod, swans
Rest I don't know or have heard but don't remember
Still need to get into Maudlin

I don't really have too much to rec. You probably heard of all the albums I like, like Ballade cuntre lo Anemi francor, Söngvar elds og óreiðu, Transilvanian hunger, Paracletus.

I'll link some stuff anyway that's not as black.