Toribash
Original Post
[WIP] Three Section Staff
Known Bugs: Sometimes your replays will show something different than what happened, especially when you don't equip uke.. also the stave's pivot only on the y axis, if anyone knows how to fix it PM me please. The last bug would just be when the staff happens to glitch inside the middle of the opponents joint... but I seem to get that in other mods too.. like when I did 1,000,000,000 points of damage in katana.tbm (which I do have a working replay of). Have fun

3sectionstaves.tbm
Last edited by siku; Jun 19, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
/set gr 0 0 -30
What could be really interesting is having both hands on either end of the staff, so you could attack from either side. I'd actually been thinking about making a mod just like that.
Originally Posted by Nighend View Post
What could be really interesting is having both hands on either end of the staff, so you could attack from either side. I'd actually been thinking about making a mod just like that.

try raising your shoulders, contracting your right pec, relaxing your right elbow, contracting your right wrist & left grabby hand (I'm not on a cpu with tb so I dunno if this works) but that should place the staff in both of your hands...
/set gr 0 0 -30
Nice... I made a similar mod a few months ago, but I gave up on it because of the bugs you mentioned.
Those bugs are the reason we need an ownership variable. That way, Tori's staff would belong to him, and thus not damage him if he accidentally hits himself. Would be even nicer in case of instagib weapons; no worries if your katana accidentally brushes against your shoulder.

In any case, good job!
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Yes, I gave up on one too, where I tried to do what Nighend mentioned and start the staff in both hands, but the axis made it very frustrating and that's why I left it open to suggestion if anyone else wanted to attempt it.. as for instagib weapons, I have this trick that involves 2 objects as your blade, 1 for instagib, one for the backing (because there's a difference between double-edged katanas and regular ones) That way if the back hits, your shoulder, for example it wont damage you because the blunt side touched you... I'm actually going to do broadswords in this style next... /gg
/set gr 0 0 -30
I'll be looking forward to that mod... It's been done before, if I recall correctly, but it's never been a real success. Maybe you can do better
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack