ES Recruitment Drive
i dont see any good song there, but WHAT THE FUCK is eminem doin there? <.<'''''''

well, you should add devo - whip it and K.C. and the Sunshine Band - Shake Your Booty
* ego gently touches Snorlaxen's manly chest while shivering at the thought of being caught out here alone with him.
I agree, a top list of any songs is a subjective matter, so in fact... It's SporeCC that decides what the top 100 songs are, and in fact they are nothing more than his top 100 songs. NOT the top 100 songs of all time.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
They aren't my top 100 songs. My personal top 100 songs would be a lot different. This list is that of the songs that the toribash community (or at least the representatives from it that have posted here) and I believe are the greatest songs of all time, taking into account not personal preference, but rather influence on culture, other musicians, and notable people, sales, whether it has a lasting effect, musicianship, song structure, lyrical content (if any), and sheer "wow" factor. You know, the kind that you know you got the first time you heard "A Day In the Life".

Nevertheless, it is entirely subjective, but who cares? Come on, join in the fun and help out eh?

also,

Originally Posted by Dionysius View Post
I was going to comment on the whole thing, but instead, I'll just comment on the ones I disagree with, bottom up.

95: Needs to be MUCH higher (I'm seeing him at the Ram's Head on August 30)
73: Johnny Cash's cover is way better than the original.
23: I don't really like the Beach Boys that much.
4: I find it lame.
1: That's where this goes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5bdxfPK46E

Also, I love Metallica too, but not in the top 100 songs of all time. They're all riff, but no philosophy.

Sad But True might scratch 107, though,

Dream theatre? Come on, they're posers. This list needs some King Crimson, though. That's real prog.

EDIT: Changes made.

21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson snagged the 50 spot from Rush's Tom Sawyer
Last edited by SporeCc; Jun 27, 2009 at 04:34 AM.
Good, but eminem, and snoop really? Rap = no skill.
Needs more beatles, The Police.
Needs phish, and allman brothers.
Also it doesn't look like Brain Damage By: Pink Floyd is on there either.
Also it would be nice to add some Tobacco(the best trippy, funky, psychedelic tencho Band) on there.
Cheap High Quality Items here!
Proud member of The Fighters League
Asther: Where does skill come into it? It's not a "hardest 100 songs ever".

Offtopic..

DIONYSUS GET OFF MY AVATAR.
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Good, but eminem, and snoop really? Rap = no skill.
Needs more beatles, The Police.
Needs phish, and allman brothers.
Also it doesn't look like Brain Damage By: Pink Floyd is on there either.
Also it would be nice to add some Tobacco(the best trippy, funky, psychedelic tencho Band) on there.

GET OUT.

Moving on. If any Eminem song should be on there, it should be 'Kim' or 'Lose Yourself'. Maybe 'Sing For The Moment'.

Either 'Straight Outta Compton' or 'Fuck Tha Police' should be on this, maybe even both. N.W.A defined a whole genre of rap and deserve to be acknowledged.

2Pac and Notorious B.I.G both deserve to be honoured on this list somewhere, with 'Changes' and 'Juicy' respectively.

Moving on from rap, one metal song is disgusting, considering the diversity of the genre. 'Black Sabbath' isn't even the best option for the band. I suggest replacing it with either 'Iron Man' or 'Paranoid'.

I think Iron Maiden deserve a spot somewhere in the top 50, with 'Number of the Beast'.

Considering Metallica's legacy and reputation, I think it's only fitting to include a song at least in the top 50, either 'One' or 'Master of Puppets'.

Finally, I think Guns 'N' Roses' 'Sweet Child O' Mine' should be included somewhere in the 90s.

Kim
Lose Yourself
Sing For The Moment
Straight Outta Compton
Fuck Tha Police
Changes
Juicy
Iron Man
Paranoid
Number of the Beast
One
Master of Puppets
Sweet Child O' Mine
Tre!
Originally Posted by DrTre View Post
GET OUT.

Moving on. If any Eminem song should be on there, it should be 'Kim' or 'Lose Yourself'. Maybe 'Sing For The Moment'.

Either 'Straight Outta Compton' or 'Fuck Tha Police' should be on this, maybe even both. N.W.A defined a whole genre of rap and deserve to be acknowledged.

2Pac and Notorious B.I.G both deserve to be honoured on this list somewhere, with 'Changes' and 'Juicy' respectively.

Moving on from rap, one metal song is disgusting, considering the diversity of the genre. 'Black Sabbath' isn't even the best option for the band. I suggest replacing it with either 'Iron Man' or 'Paranoid'.

I think Iron Maiden deserve a spot somewhere in the top 50, with 'Number of the Beast'.

Considering Metallica's legacy and reputation, I think it's only fitting to include a song at least in the top 50, either 'One' or 'Master of Puppets'.

Finally, I think Guns 'N' Roses' 'Sweet Child O' Mine' should be included somewhere in the 90s.

Kim
Lose Yourself
Sing For The Moment
Straight Outta Compton
Fuck Tha Police
Changes
Juicy
Iron Man
Paranoid
Number of the Beast
One
Master of Puppets
Sweet Child O' Mine

Ha, I actually thought you were going somewhere until I got to this.

Anyway, this list needs a major overhaul, as many of my choices would be different had I made a new list from scratch today.
Yeah, Sweet Child O' Mine is my favourite song and didn't really expect it to be accepted, so I just threw it on there and hoped.

But don't disregard the rest of the post for it.
Tre!