ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
Ye I'm fine don't worry ^^

But yeah, crazy shit right now... some crazy religious extremists killing people and pretexting some caricatural drawings, some fucking turdshit nationalist morons attacking/vandalizing mosques because of it, some people spreading stupid fucking complotist bullshit, media gettin' crazy, all the politics trying to take advantage of the situation as usual... and there's that #JeSuisCharlie thingy taking huge proportions, that's scary imo. I mean, people are too emotive to be rational, those kind of movement can either be great, or be utterly dangerous for the scraps of democracy that we still have.

Oh, I see.

But, what about the caricature drawing themselves. Some are saying that they are actually offensive, and not really satire. Everyone agrees that what happened was criminal.

But, some are saying that the victims don't deserve the tag "heroes". It's not something I thought about after knowing what happened, but a lot of people are commenting about it which is why I want to know. Have you seen any of their caricature?
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
Oh, I see.

But, what about the caricature drawing themselves. Some are saying that they are actually offensive, and not really satire. Everyone agrees that what happened was criminal.

But, some are saying that the victims don't deserve the tag "heroes". It's not something I thought about after knowing what happened, but a lot of people are commenting about it which is why I want to know. Have you seen any of their caricature?

Too bad you don't have english captions for those drawings on Deii's link. It's a very cynical humor but they weren't gratuitous offensive drawings, they attacked all religions and all extremism(s), they were denouncing racism, stupidity, politics etc... They were humanist people drawing for the liberty of expression.

As for the "heroes" thingy, they've been threatened by extremists for years and they never stopped or made any concession even tho the threats were real (their office already got set on fire before), so I guess that requires a good amount of courage. Tho I don't know if that deserves the title of "hero", they were more like "the guards" of a certain type of humor, the ancestors of trolls. They were indeed very funny.

Also, the caricatures of Muhammad were clearly denouncing islamists and the "conservative" islam, not muslims themselves. And they mocked every other religions as well.

-----
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
And the terrorists have won. They managed to spread terror and destabilization in the country. Now the question is: for how long?
And will the France now go the same road like America, toward more paranoia and making new laws to even more intrude into peoples privacy.

People's privacy is something, that's liberty of expression I'm worried about !

"Terrorism" is very large & pretty new word/concept, governments can label pretty much anything they displease as "terrorists". They already started doing it a few years ago with a political group advocating an alternative politic, a movement close to "anarchy" and real democracy, anti-capitalist to the bones etc... And the government pretexted some unrelated incident on a train trails to call those people "terrorists" and therefore being able to apply all the "anti-terrorism laws". They were just people thinking & trying to live differently, and that scares governments even more than religious extremists.
Extremists can't remove the power off the hands of the governments, at best they can reinforce it ; but emergent alternative political movements are something they worry about, it's something that can make people think.

And as time passes by, the need for emergent movements gets bigger and bigger.... Inequalities are growing strong, the worldwide financial system is killing us, it's killing the planet, extremisms of all genre rise up, and no one wants to let the power go.
Last edited by deprav; Jan 11, 2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
Too bad you don't have english captions for those drawings on Deii's link. It's a very cynical humor but they weren't gratuitous offensive drawings, they attacked all religions and all extremism(s), they were denouncing racism, stupidity, politics etc... They were humanist people drawing for the liberty of expression.

As for the "heroes" thingy, they've been threatened by extremists for years and they never stopped or made any concession even tho the threats were real (their office already got set on fire before), so I guess that requires a good amount of courage. Tho I don't know if that deserves the title of "hero", they were more like "the guards" of a certain type of humor, the ancestors of trolls. They were indeed very funny.

Also, the caricatures of Muhammad were clearly denouncing islamists and the "conservative" islam, not muslims themselves. And they mocked every other religions as well.

Alright, thanks!!
Your messed up world enthrills me
He's too much emotional toward ordinary stupidity that pops up regularly on this forum.

He forgot the rules: Don't look, don't read, don't care.

Yeah who gets banned over dumb stuff like that... Oh wait

(sry for invade pls no ban my main)
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."