Toribash
Re: Are lost body parts ever not going to count towards DQ
Originally Posted by Triton
I don't understand this argument, what is a limb? How could the program tell if the body part hitting the ground is "body" or "limb"? What if i rip you into 5 pieces in the air, what part is the body now? If i kick off your leg and the glute comes with it, or your arm and the shoulder comes with it, are those parts of the body, or the limb?

Thats what I'm trying to figure out to ;)

How about this rule:
Anything with 3 or less bodyparts connected to it is considered to be a severed limb and will not DQ the player.

This would catch most cases right?

Cheers,
Hampa

How about something like what ever is still connected to the head is not a limb?

Not to sure how to deal with the case of decapitation.
How about this rule:
Anything with 3 or less bodyparts connected to it is considered to be a severed limb and will not DQ the player.

i think this sounds good, maybe even lower it to 2, depending on how you count stuff..
Eh. Is this about ripped arms/legs/head falling to the ground causing you to lose? I hate that too. Usually when something of me rips off and I see it flying in the air to the ground, I usually have to struggle like crazy to try and pull the player down before my flying limb does, which can cause alot of trouble.

I don't mind either way.
I think that as long as you are able to use your lost limbs, which you are, then not letting'em DQ you is pretty nonsense. As of now, you can beat up your oponent with that arm he ripped off, it might win the match even; if you remove the DQ mechanism from it, then blah. If all limbs not connected to the head (or some such) went limp/non-grabbing, permanently, it might make sense, sort of (still not something I'd use myself, I think, but).

Until either's implented, if you think think dismemberments cause too much of a penalty, then yeah, you might wanna try no dismemberment servers :|
Eh, my personal opinion is that i don't like the delimbed things not DQ-ing, it's silly, really, what's the good thing about having dismember on at judo, then? oO

Removed stuff should still be able to DQ if you ask me, makes the players more careful, then again, when the self-hosted windows servers come up, this could be a nice addon for the *coughcrybabiescough* people who don't like getting their dismembered limbs DQing em.
What what? In the butt.
If this gets implemented it will be an on/off option for it, so any servers or replays where you want this option you can turn it on.

The "classic" mode is not going to change.

Cheers,
Hampa
My detractors, I just think it's damn close to making dismemberment an instant loss, and spiking someone's lost leg or arm is a pretty cheap way to win a fight you might have not won otherwise. If you don't understand why you'd want to avoid dismemberment without the DQ penalty, then you've probably got no clue about anything. Non-dismemberment judo fights run too long, Dismemberment judo fights encourage rockem sockem robots crap to avoid dismemberment at all costs, because your limb will DQ you.

Hampa, I think that three part rule would probably be good. As for the issues of heads, well, I can grab my own decapitated head and use it as a blugeoning device during the fight. So, why is that crazier that it not counting in a DQ?
Ugh, you sure have agressive way of typing, but from what you've written, the typing is the only aggressive part you can do, poor little bugger, tear shed for you

It's called tactical positioning of yourself to win, i often try to get in perfect position to snap leg from an opponent which leads to DQ, it would be pointless to try that if it didn't DQ, it's high risk manouvers, as all profitable manouvers are, but it's fun to see your opponent go "OH SHI! :o" at it... then again, accidents happen, too.

I can't see the rock'em sock'em thing, nor have ever seen it oO And Judo2's(non dismember) matches aren't often too much longer than Judo 1's, however the short ones are generally longer, since you can't just rip someone's arms off and plant them in 2 turns. I've been in both alot, but as of late more on the dismember one.

Ending lines: When you get dismembered and DQed right off the next round, or right from the start, there was something very wrong you did, it's not the game mechanics, just your fatal mistake ;)

Please don't be a crybaby, carry your losses as you do your victories.
What what? In the butt.
Originally Posted by Foxie
Ending lines: When you get dismembered and DQed right off the next round, or right from the start, there was something very wrong you did, it's not the game mechanics, just your fatal mistake ;)

Yeah man, wtf, you talk like "hey they dismember me!! i can't do nothing!", have you ever tried to dismember/avoid dismember?

Also, i think its really funny when you try to catch by any way your dismembered limb.