ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
General subforums restructure
We've used discussion and OT for a while now, and the rules and usage have become somewhat obsolete. For example if you look at discussion sub's rules you will notice that rule D and E are ignored, not enforced, and there are instances where staff actively go against them (let alone suo's special rule...). Other rules are pointless (F,G) or covered elsewhere (A,B,C). They aren't necessary anymore. Similarly if we look at OT we can see that nearly half the threads even on the front page have been closed for not following the rules - this is a serious mismatch between what the rules enforce, and what users want (the most common reasons seem to be 'useless' or 'no room for discussion', logically any thread that really is useless or has no room for discussion will die naturally, and will not be remade on a weekly basis, however we do not see this happening).

To remedy these problems I propose first merging discussion into OT (for that matter the 'computers' sub could be merged too because it gets almost no traffic, music and games get a lot so keeping them separate is good), and the removal of existing subforum rules. No additional rules are needed beyond the general/global/forum rules. This would allow users to more freely discuss the things that they want to, and lightening the load on lmods.

Would you support the merging of discussion into OT and/or the removal of rules in OT? (note: OT still inherits general/global/forum rules, so you still won't be able to shitpost or flame, etc).

While we are talking about things to change, the previously mentioned general/global/forum rules have a lot of overlap, maybe try to eliminate some of that?
Eg:
Forum rules: "you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."
Global rules: "Insulting other members of the game for any reason is not allowed. We wish to maintain a friendly environment, and any flaming or harassment will result in a ban"
General rules: "No Verbal Abuse (Flaming) Be kind, don't be a jerk, insulting other members can get you punished."

Do we really need the same thing (no flaming) stated 3 times? What's more many subforum rules even go on to say the same thing - RT rules: "No Flaming"
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Hey there! Just letting you know this appears to be far more of a suggestion for how to improve the forums than a discussion topic, so I've moved it to the appropriate area. No infraction or anything. Have any questions feel free to PM me!
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!