Toribash
I did some tinkering (without the tori rig), and I think this one shows off my skill level better than the other one, so I will re-apply

Name: Nicholas (vexon459)

GMT: -5

How long have you been practicing 3d arts?: about 2 weeks

What software do you use?: blender

Examples of your work:

(currently working on a sword, will post that when I am done)
GIMP IS A PIMP!
I believe the blue thing is supposed to be a sphere. You could smooth it out by using the Set Smooth thingy and maybe add some subsurf.
Proud member of [Pandora]
I didn't want it to be a sphere

just a little backdrop so it isn't a constant blue

it is a cube with a little subsurf

EDIT: finished the sword (I was at school so I got home a half hour ago)
Last edited by vexon459; Apr 13, 2010 at 10:25 PM.
GIMP IS A PIMP!
well, it's not too impressive, and for 2 weeks with a program, I'd expect to see a little more, especially with a program with so many tutorials. You're showing great potential, but I want to see a bit more before we say yes (not up to me, this is just my thoughts).
Former Item Forger
ok, will do, more renders then

most of the things I comprehend really well is videos, which is hard to look at video tutorials, seeing is my mom is a stalker and is in every room I am, when I am in it

my mom is a factor in it because she hates listening to the things that I am trying to follow along with (the tutorials) and the only good pair of headphones I have is currently in miami because my dad took them on his business trip
GIMP IS A PIMP!
lol you sound like a teenager. welcome vexon ^_^ the only people im really excluding are those who have absolutely no idea what theyre are doing. you know probably more than i did in my first two weeks. so, you want to apply as a student?

either or, I ok with either, you just put me in the category you think is best, keep in mind that I will continually improve the next couple days

And yes, I am a beginning teen, 13 -_-
GIMP IS A PIMP!
I don't have much experience when it comes to digital art in general. I have gimp and blender, but I've never used either of them to their full potential. Actually, I haven't used blender yet.
If I am to become a student, will the teachers go over the basics such as using the interface and learning how to create simple shapes and such?
beep
i'll let the others decide because they are online, but i say no. teaching the most basic things is a total pain in the ass. its like teaching someone how to breath, you're so used to it you cant really explain it