Toribash
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
We haven't told you why he was banned because it was entirely internal and does not need to be otherwise. Please note that "power amuse" is generally not "entirely internal", and that we have been fairly straightforward with explaining people who were in fact removed for that reason.

Even if you say that, without actually knowing it's impossible to just take your word for it considering the situation at the time.
Users do get unbanned all the time, but it's rare to see so many perambans reversed from one specific banner, especially those who publicly complain. It's possible the situation was "well he's gone now let's clean up", but like I said, I don't know.
This thread's for questions, not discussing bans. Use PMs as vaguely suggested by suo if you want to continue discussing with him.

Back on track please so we don't have to remake the damned thing yet again.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I can do that, what is your opinion on BeamNG?
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Outside of the "contract wrist" argument, can you old school aikido experts explain how ABD ruined your community?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
Outside of the "contract wrist" argument, can you old school aikido experts explain how ABD ruined your community?

It wasn't the mod, it was the attitude attached to the mod. ABD is full of butthurt wanna be elitists who made a new mod because they ran out of tears to cry.
Baaaw I got shoveled, baaaw shoveling ruined aikido, baaaaw no kicks no lifts fox only final destination.

It's merely aikido for people who can't counter being lifted, that's why it was made, that's why it gets played. I guess a lot of people missed it's creation, it was a pretty funny thread will all manner of crying over shovels, lifts & kicks.

During that time the aikido community split in two. One one side you had the butthurt, and on the other you had the people who'd learned how to counter basic moves. New mod arrived, ABD players claimed "it requires more skill", normal aikido players laughed at them.

/aikido butthurt

We remember, and we still laugh about it.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
It wasn't the mod, it was the attitude attached to the mod. ABD is full of butthurt wanna be elitists who made a new mod because they ran out of tears to cry.
Baaaw I got shoveled, baaaw shoveling ruined aikido, baaaaw no kicks no lifts fox only final destination.

It's merely aikido for people who can't counter being lifted, that's why it was made, that's why it gets played. I guess a lot of people missed it's creation, it was a pretty funny thread will all manner of crying over shovels, lifts & kicks.

During that time the aikido community split in two. One one side you had the butthurt, and on the other you had the people who'd learned how to counter basic moves. New mod arrived, ABD players claimed "it requires more skill", normal aikido players laughed at them.

/aikido butthurt

We remember, and we still laugh about it.

I freaking died at the fox only final destination reference.

Would you say then the route towards becoming TS level aikido starts in the small dojo, and that said ability in small dojo converting better into the large dojo?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
On this train of thought, then, which forms of each mod require the most skill?
Gamemaster -- Need help? Click here!
I'm like... supposed to advocate for Team Aikido or something. Click that link if you're great at aikido.
Well, as I've always said, Aikido is a fight of gravity, the point is to stay in one spot and focus on unbalancing your opponent while keeping your own balance. In Abd you have the space to go around the attack, and it's much easier to counter. Instead of focusing on gravity you now have ragdolls jumping around just waiting for the opponent to "missclick".

So, to answer your question, in my point of view.
No, I don't think Abd is more "pro" (funny expression btw, I don't recall anyone ever playing Tb for a living) than Aikido, or that a good aikidoka would fight better in a big dojo.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post

You may refer to this post of mine.
ABD ruined the whole concept of "Aikido".
"Aikido is performed by blending with the motion of the attacker and redirecting the force of the attack rather than opposing it head-on"
ABD,you can attack with full force head-on and win.In fact get a arm dm in the 2 turn. Still "Aikido"? No.

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░ eVo ░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
On this train of thought, then, which forms of each mod require the most skill?

If aikido was the target then normal aikido easily. It takes a lot more skill to fight & win in a small dojo than a large one.

Any arguments about openers & moves being cheap will be met by a slap & being told to learn how to counter them.
ALL moves can be countered, and most the ones people bitched about in aikido can also be reversed.

---

Somewhat on the subject while I'm at it I'll bring up the way users act towards certain mods.

Akido: Baww over moves, make a new mod.
Wushu: Baww over runners, horrified at the thought of adding a dojo to combat it.

It's an example of how the TB community works. A mod that didn't need fixed ended up being poked over baww, the one that would benefit from the fix was met with hostility. /logic

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you