Toribash
Original Post
+Help(need c4d user)
i need a c4d user with an epic computer to render this wallpaper i set up:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzwnujduwqz

itd be appreciated if you could make the render settings even better ^_^

(beware, gi)

I'll render it for you.Dunno how long it will take but I can leave my pc on for a few hours if needed.
Proud member of [Pandora]
thanks ^_^ it has 5 volumetric lights and gi D: pwned my laptop

Edit:but i also had caustics on and that totally destroyed the render. it stopped with only the shitty gi prerender view

Here it is! I used the settings that it came with.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7941/wallpaperh.jpg

Also, I just saw your edit...I will try to render it with caustics to see if it works.
Proud member of [Pandora]
Interesting abstract piece deridor!

although it seems a bit over-complicated for the level of detail in rendering.

Since it's a purely black background, the lights don't need to be nearly that bright to create a magical effect, I'd tone them down a bit.

a simple HDRI sphere (even without GI) would make this scene a lot better, even if the camera doesn't see it, simply because it appears the spheres are reflective, but without a proper HDRI mapped sphere around the scene, the reflections won't be able to achieve the level of realism that could make this render so much better.

If you don't mind, I'd like to take this onto my computer, change some things, and present how I would render it.
Former Item Forger
invisible sky has hdr map...............

but go ahead

edit: nvm, wrong thread D: please fix it up <3

edit2: Damn you for editing while I'm posting ~Stups~
Last edited by Stupinator; Jun 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Rendering, added an HDRI (HDR IMAGE), increased diffuse depth in GI to two (will have more ray bounces), added a camera with a 'depth of field' effect, and increased anti-aliasing levels from 'geometry' to 'best' (2x2 & 4x4).

Rendering on my friends computer (8GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 3.0 quad core PCU) will most likely take approx. 1.5 hours.
Former Item Forger
holy fuck O_O

now can you do my microbe in sticky thread plox? it was a bit more needed :3