ES Recruitment Drive
Oh, a xbox fanboy.

Originally Posted by yura101 View Post
nup. xbox controllers are better. and it lags less. and the graphics are good. ps3 lags takes too long to load and over all is shit.

you can't debate about controllers, because it's completely about personal opinions.
Ps3 doesn't lag, and has better graphics than xbox. And ps3 loadtimes are not long, haven't used xbox enough to tell whch one has shorter ones.
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Wow, those screenies looked pretty epic :|

I haven't played Oblivion before though, it's like Fallout right?
Originally Posted by Jonggi View Post
Wow, those screenies looked pretty epic :|

Not really, but Oblivion was a cool game too though I prefered Morrowind. One thing about Oblivion I didn't like is that the plot was boring compared to Morrowind. Oh and envivorment leveling. Rats are the same effective to kill you even if you progress in game all the time D:
Originally Posted by Jonggi View Post

Heh heh, no Fallout (from 3 onwards) is like Oblivion (Oblivion came out first) but with guns.
Imagine Fallout but with medieval equipment.
its fallout butt without the post apocalyptic uninhabited stuff and with bow and swords and MAGIC
She Walks In Beauty and Light
FRee TC
I swear to god. If I hear one more person say something along the lines of "Fallout is oblivion wit gunz" or vice versa. ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I will delete your post and HATE you forever.

Different world.
Different lore.
Different mechanics.
Same shitty engine. THAT'S FUCKING IT. SHUT. UP.

News from italian magazine about skyrim. (Note this is translated so the wording may be different than what the game ACTUALLY is.

-Skyrim size is equal to Oblivion's Cyrodiil

-There are 5 major cities, 20 minor cities and 100+ dungeons (but we already know that)

-the creation engine is totally new, it's not based on the game bryo

-graphics look a lot better than the oblivion and fallout 3 one

-there are fishes that jump out of the water

-the hud appears only when you fight. you will see the three status bar and the compass (sigh)

-the compass will also show up when you get a new quest with a "v" quest-marker on it.

-the UI is really user freindly but it's not intended to be mouse-used

-every weapon has a damage stat and a block stat

-it appears that there are no birthsigns

-there is a separate control system for the pc

-there is a "local map" for every zone of Skyrim

-there are 100+ subquests

-it will be possibile to play after the main quest

-Steam, not gfwl. they're are disappointed with LIVE!

-you can't create spells.. (Mostly rumors, there is still a possibility you can, as the game is still 9 months away..)

-there are houses which you can buy

-there are many puzzles in the dungeons

-cities, dungeons etc will be added to the 3d map as soon as you encounter them

-water physics

-every town has an economic system

-minor cities contains 10+ buildings

-75% of the quests are dynamic. even the rewards and the quest giver are randomized

-snow is not a texture (I don't get it, why a magazine says that is a texture and the other one says the opposite?)

-bandits in the dungeons are alive and not puppet-like

-soulgems are also used to regain magicka

-"turn undead" spell confirmed

-you can set oil on fire

-there are birds

-there is NO multiplayer

-the npcs which give us the main quests are immortal

-new confirmed enemies: Dragon Priest, Yeti

-different kind of weapons work in different way with enemies (I think something like "blunt weapons do more damage to skeletons")

News from German mag. Again.. it's translated so some stuff might be lost in translation..

- Questgivers are not marked, so you learn about quests by listening to them talking with another NPC or by talking to them.

- Greybeards live on the highest mountain, they know about the dragonshouts and how to use them.

- Dragonshouts will let the player use special effects like slowing down time, but you need to restorate some kind of energy to use them again.

- Killing dragons and get hold of there souls will make the shouts even stronger.

- On the console you will be able to control each arm wih the analog sticks (left and right) independantly on the Pc with left and right on the mouse.

Edit: Pete clarified the analog stick thing: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon

@DCDeacon German magazine was talking about using both analog sticks for each hand in a fight, that's true? How can move then?

@BossKopp No. Triggers control your hand actions. Thumbstick controls don't change for movement, looking around, etc

- All the environment (trees, gras, snow, wind) looks extremly detailed and handmade, not generated like in Oblivion, same with the dungeons.
"8 Leveldisigners created all of the environment, handmade."

- Also the Third- Person- View looks very good.

- Radiant Story. Nothing new here, there is a management that keeps an eye on the progress, and eventually leads you in to some direction.

- Some new Pics in there (sry, no link)

There is a spoiler about the game beginning. Since I don't want to know it, i'm not going to copy/paste it here. Go look at the official mags if you want to see it.

EDIT: OP UPDATED.
Last edited by Pirate_old; Feb 2, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
I like the fish jumping out of the water and the puzzles in the dungeons part of this. In oblivion, they all seemed the same and I had no problems clearing a dungeon in <10 minutes. That would be cool seeing fish jumping out of the water, too. I would like to see some realism going on here, like a fish jumping from a river, and then a bear snatching it from mid-air. Stuff like this makes me want to play this more and more.
So we will have to attack by pressing the analog sticks instead of the triggers? Will take a while getting used to that.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan