Toribash
Original Post
Taekkyon: What do you think?
Hey guys,

I'm pretty much just wondering what the general population of toribash think of taekkyon.
Most of you will know my views on taekkyon, best official mod out there.
Lot's of dm's, lots of skill involved, can get some awesome looking matches.
I'd like you to essentially tell me:
> If you like taekkyon and why
> What's good about it?
> What's bad about it?
> And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it?

I'm trying to get some ideas which i will use to make a more accessible version of taekkyon (an ErthTkV3 if you will), for the masses and increase the popularity of it.
The long term plan being then for them to make the transition into more traditional taekkyon and there you have a popular mod.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
I like Taekkyon because it allows you to be more extensive with moves and to me is one of the most realistic ways you can play next to sparring.

What's good about it?
More or less allows the player with the most skill to win. Quick, exciting, intense matches.
Has the best move sets of all mods imo.

What's bad about it?
Not too many things except you can be taken advantage of by snap kicks, which can be quite annoying. This could probably be fixed by change the ED a bit

I would most def play it.
Yeah it's nice and why:

> What's good about it?
Fast, explosive, technical, did I mention fast? Yeah, match can change dramatically at any point if a move is landed/blocked. You must think quicker and smarter than your opponent.
> What's bad about it?
Some random DMs, and small shit can fuck you up for the whole game. Leg grab = DM to DQ? But then again you got saves, once I caught my leg, and nailed him with it, winning in the last turn. Plus I feel moves are a bit limited. Chest twist, put out arm, kick/grab/block seems to be dominant. I wish I had time for back kicks, flips, dynamic punches, Idk.

> And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it?

Hell yes. New moves in tk? Awesome!!!

-

Well I am a tk rookie, but I hope you enjoyed some of my mind.
<Jaker> fucking yes , the black anal fetish fetus , :-* love ya .. btw i love how your teehts are touching my *PIEP* when you do a blowjob <3
I LOVE YOU :-*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leader of [l]|ORMO Recruiter|BISH|[WTU]|[ETC]|Replays|[TGS]|
I like the mod. The distance is perfect for the mod, and it's hard for me to explain why. The distance is not so close that it instantly degrades to grappling, yet it's close enough so that combat starts within the first few turns. The distance is perfect for body blows, which is what most openers aim for, yet combat is orientated around tactically avoiding or softening blows from opponents, while trying to score large hits yourself.

Crippling the opponent through dismemberment, while pretty, doesn't instantly end the fight for one person's favor unless the dismemberment is huge (i.e. chest boom), in which case the fight is well won. But even then, the fight is still not over, as the turn frames are low enough that precise control over even half of the body is still possible, which can lead to some interesting wins.

The only thing I believe could be stood to change is the dismemberment threshold. It seems a bit low, considering it was at 100 since the beginning of the game, to the best of my knowledge, and it hasn't changed in accordance to increased awareness and competence of the general player base, to the best of my knowledge (I haven't had the chance to play in almost a year now :s). Even kickbox increased its threshold at some point, if memory serves. 150 dm seems like it'd make dismemberment not so prevalant, but still keep it a vital part of the mod.

Heck, I've played tk a few times with 150 dm and it felt a lot nicer than standard tk.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Do you like tk?: I love tk, its one of my favorite mods.

What do you like about it?: Its fast paced, and pretty precise, also can be very destructive at times.

What's bad about it?: Sometimes its low dm threshold can be annoying. Also at times I feel it could use a few more turn frames.

And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it?: Yes, in fact I hope you make one.
Team America|7th Dan|
> If you like taekkyon and why It's ok. No real reason behind my answer.

> What's good about it? The low turn-frames make the end-replay look good.

> What's bad about it? It takes forever for a tk tourney to get to the finals. And at the last fight, if you dm a noob at the start, he ragequits and its all been a waste of time.

> And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it? Putting up the turn-frames would probably wreck the uniqueness.
Dose is dead.
> If you like taekkyon and why?
It was the first mod I tried and it was addicting. And 750 tc taekkyon tourney is why I play taekkyon very much :3
> What's good about it?
Low dm threshold is why, so I can make it destructive (like I can boom easily sometimes). I like making replays in sp, its turnframe is like taekkyon's, so it's like playing sp with a moving uke.
> What's bad about it?
The dq is sometimes annoying, every time I dm I always lose, especially tricep/knee dm.
Of course! I like taekkyon :3
~
Yep, tk is amazing because of how precise your moves can be and how fast the matches are
> What's good about it?
What I wrote above, can't see anything else.
> What's bad about it?
Sometimes it's easy to run away in it.
Oh ye
oh yeah
Originally Posted by Oracle
I like the mod. The distance is perfect for the mod, and it's hard for me to explain why. The distance is not so close that it instantly degrades to grappling, yet it's close enough so that combat starts within the first few turns. The distance is perfect for body blows, which is what most openers aim for, yet combat is orientated around tactically avoiding or softening blows from opponents, while trying to score large hits yourself.

Crippling the opponent through dismemberment, while pretty, doesn't instantly end the fight for one person's favor unless the dismemberment is huge (i.e. chest boom), in which case the fight is well won. But even then, the fight is still not over, as the turn frames are low enough that precise control over even half of the body is still possible, which can lead to some interesting wins.

The only thing I believe could be stood to change is the dismemberment threshold. It seems a bit low, considering it was at 100 since the beginning of the game, to the best of my knowledge, and it hasn't changed in accordance to increased awareness and competence of the general player base, to the best of my knowledge (I haven't had the chance to play in almost a year now :s). Even kickbox increased its threshold at some point, if memory serves. 150 dm seems like it'd make dismemberment not so prevalant, but still keep it a vital part of the mod.

Heck, I've played tk a few times with 150 dm and it felt a lot nicer than standard tk.

Quoted for truth.
The only thing that in my opinion should be changed is DT. Those random dismemberments that comes out of nowhere are really annoying.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

I don't really enjoy tk for following reasons.

• Comebacks are impossible. When, for whatever reason, players get lost they have no chance to come back and can just tripod it out.
• While tk has 12 turns the match often gets decided in the first three or four turns when one player fucks his opponent with a strong move. I prefer mods where the opener isn't really important like wushu and aikido.
• More realistic dismemberments would be nice. Randomly exploding toris are lame.
• Can't beat dargon. Ban him.
How are you?