ES Recruitment Drive
By far my favorite mode.

I really liked the ErthTk, but I think the dojo should be expanded a little bit.
Last edited by Lorrtex; Jan 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
in the name of the manly balthier send me your orc/chronos/gladiator items
pls
I saw this thread and knew I needed to reply to it.

Taekkyon, to me, is probably the best mod on all of ToriBash. There's plenty of different variables in each opener and it's at a slow pace for better replays and strategic thinking. It's a hard mod to learn but once you've got the hang of it, you'll love it forever.

Although, Taekkyon isn't perfect, and here's why-
Not enough people play the mod. Every single time I go look for a Taekkyon mod, there isn't one. I don't know if I've ever saw the 'Blackbelt:: Taekkyon' have at-least 2 people on it. My point is that it needs to be more appealing for people that don't care for slow paced matches.

Another thing that throws me off while playing Taekkyon, is the amount of silly moves people do. Running, Noob-Clapping and Snap-Kicking to name a few, it just isn't fair sometimes when people do these things.

Thanks for letting me share my opinion!
-Squid
<Squidooo> Everyone loves aquatic creatures right?
<[S]Orko> Of course
Originally Posted by Lorrtex View Post
By far my favorite mode.

I really liked the ErthTk, but I think the dojo should be expanded a little bit.

I agree. I love the concept of ErthTK.tbm, but a bigger dojo would be nice.
ES Member | [a] Adventure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like it for many reasons. It's not AS random as Judo with the DMs and it requires skills.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
ive recently noticed how low erthtk's self damage thresh is rasiing that would be nice then i wouldnt have to worry about kicking my own leg off
back from the dead
SELLING MY DEACTIVATED
Don't really like it, unless you play with someone else who is good. but most of the time my wrist breaks and im stuck floating away and losing. Really annoying.

I think if they made the dm a little higher it would be fine but untill its second to judo for me.

The dms are to easy and all you really have to do is swing your arm and pull down and most of the time you can get a dm.
I like TK, I love ErthTK, and ErthTKv2 is the best thing that ever happened to Toribash.

I like it for some reasons:

1st - It requires SKILL, not just knowing a good opener because you saw someone doing it. I change my moves to adapt to each player.
2nd - It is fast. You move fast and you 'boom' fast.
3rd - Many good players play it. Eg.: Wik, Dargon, Erth etc
4th - You can actually do beautiful battles
5th - You can do infinite moves, produce kicks, punches and whatever you want.
6th - Erth <3

Why wouldn't I like it?

1st - Snapkicks? Fuck, I'm sick and tired of people complaining about it. If you don't want to be snapkicked, kick the fucker first! There are like 10 different moves that are 10 frames to charge and 10 frames to shot.
2nd - Ragequitters? Yea, that's a problem, the amount of White~Black belts quitting after 50 frames is fucking annoying. But we gotta deal with it, ragequitters will exist in any mod, in any version of this game.
3rd - DM. Okay, a higher DM would be perfect, but in ErthTKv2 it isn't a big problem, it doesn't affect all the matches, you just have to think about it, your Tori isn't made of steel.

So, ErthTKv2 is 11/10, and TK is 9.7/10, and if you are going to make a v3, just keep the good work going.
Pois nasci nunca vi amor
E ouço del sempre falar
> If you like taekkyon and why
I love it because you can practice so many counter moves and thing out there which will help you improve not only in tk but in other mods that require skill.

> What's good about it?
Countering, all about countering.
Some quick action, boom-boom, it's done.

> What's bad about it?
The only bad thing is random DM's, really

> And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it?
I surely would, playing any sort of tk mod is fun and fixing the bugs/annoying things would make it twice as exiting!
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan