ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: do you approve of the usd dueling change?
no
6 Votes / 11.11%
super no
5 Votes / 9.26%
ultra no
18 Votes / 33.33%
yes
25 Votes / 46.30%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Surge View Post
Are USD duels currently illegal or just not supported?

Not supported.

If you really do insist on doing them then only do it with people who'll pay, because we can't do anything to make them pay, and we can't do anything to get money back.

It's entirely at your own risk.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
If you really do insist on doing them then only do it with people who'll pay, because we can't do anything to make them pay, and we can't do anything to get money back.

you basically are letting people scam then with your words, what is the point of knowing the user will pay when you say this, they could easily change their ways and be evil and not send
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post
you basically are letting people scam then with your words, what is the point of knowing the user will pay when you say this, they could easily change their ways and be evil and not send

If someone wasn't gonna pay up after losing then us supporting usd scams wouldn't change that as there is physically nothing we can do about it
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post

you hit the nail on the head there, really. no matter who or what you're dueling, there is no way of being sure that the person you're dueling is going to send their wager. we can support tc/item duels because we can move tc/items between users accounts at our own free will then ban the user who tried to scam. this way the wager is held and the scammer gets punished. however we can't log into your paypal accounts and send your dolladolla around or cancel chargebacks etc so when it comes to usd dueling, we have no power to rectify anything ergo it's useless for us to support them. we could try to control it by banning usd duels like we have done in the past, but people will go behind our backs and do it anyway then complain that they understand the risks and take full responsibility regardless. this current solution gives the people who want to duel for real currency the freedom to do so while acknowledging that if something does go wrong we can't do anything to help you
this is how it it should've always been. seek help for your gambling problem if you don't agree LMAO
QUACK
If you ban usd dueling you should just ban dueling of everything outside of toribash that you can't control why is it only usd? People duel in csgo skins and other things of similar nature. So why aren't those banned?
Also whenever someone got scammed in any type of way I always thought that the market squad never had to help anyone but it was cool that if someone was just lying to people and taking they're money they could give some sort of justice to the person that got scammed even if they didn't have to do it. I banned someone for something similar to that before, not like it was required that they got banned but the fact that people can go around tricking people who just want to trade or have fun on a game is dumb and it takes like 15-45 minutes of searching and talking to people to deal with a case like that. I can't imagine the market squad work load has gone up all that much but if it has they i guess i understand this change, I doubt it though.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
you hit the nail on the head there, really. no matter who or what you're dueling, there is no way of being sure that the person you're dueling is going to send their wager. we can support tc/item duels because we can move tc/items between users accounts at our own free will then ban the user who tried to scam. this way the wager is held and the scammer gets punished. however we can't log into your paypal accounts and send your dolladolla around or cancel chargebacks etc so when it comes to usd dueling, we have no power to rectify anything ergo it's useless for us to support them. we could try to control it by banning usd duels like we have done in the past, but people will go behind our backs and do it anyway then complain that they understand the risks and take full responsibility regardless. this current solution gives the people who want to duel for real currency the freedom to do so while acknowledging that if something does go wrong we can't do anything to help you

every usd transaction should be banned then from this reasoning
Thing is we can't actually stop it happening, well we could, but that would be no transfers of any form.
Simply put the only way to remove real money bullshittery is to remove the ability for people to sell things.

But we're not dumb and know that shit wont fly, so it comes down to users equipping a bit of common sense to lessen the risk. Even then there's no 100% safe way for you to do this, and seeing a user get hit recently for a $ transaction over a year ago should serve as a warning to anyone.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Nerfpls View Post
every usd transaction should be banned then from this reasoning

usd dueling is not banned, its just not supported
I mean we could ban it, but people will still do it. Instead of not sending the money, they will just not send and report themselves you essentially get no money and a ban
FUN!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god