people playing: 75, servers online: 28, games played: 135,858,480 Top Player: Shmevin

  Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 22, 2017   #21
Lucy
Forumite
 
666th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,960
Clan: Evil



Originally Posted by InternetDad View Post
So you don't think LGBTQ should exist? Because that would make the whole movement redundant. It's still illegal to be queer in a lot of places in the world so I'd rather they keep campaigning to find an equality we definitely haven't reached yet TBH.

It should it's just how do you expect to even be accepted when you push away the people you want to accept you

And sure realistically it shouldn't exist, but you can't just force people to accept you.
-----
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post


Sex is 100% based of reproductive functions and thus there are only 2, people who are intersex do not have a sex as they cannot perform a role in reproduction.



Edit: Intersex would be a category of people who do not have a sex, since you cannot be intersex if you have a sex and vice versa its easy to see it as a sex and categorize it as one but it isnt actually a sex

Won't there be a more prominent gender/sex still? unless of course there's a true 50%50% intersex.

Last edited by Lucy; Aug 22, 2017 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #22
Oracle
Chatterbox
 
8th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,618
Clan: [T]



Originally Posted by royal View Post
When society stands for everything and anything, it falls for nothing. With many, many topics coming into play, Islam is one of them, and it is not a good thing. Islam is a horrible, horrible government masked under religion. Search up Sharia Law. I don't know if you have watched the news or looked at protests or anything, but some of the Left have been protesting "LGBTQ+ for muslims," which, homosexuality (or anything deviating from being a woman beater (man) or a slave to your husband(woman)) in Islam is punished by death, stoning or being thrown off of buildings.

Christians already fought against Islam, The Crusades. If we aren't careful, Islam can and will invade our homeland, then it's goodbye America. Take a look at Sweden, Europe and the UK. Rampant with Islamic terrorism.

Nice red herring AND slippery slope. The geopolitical problems surrounding power upheavals in the Middle East are not relevant to this discussion. You literally just went on a tangent about Islam here. And society clearly doesn't tolerate everything, there are still things that are very much not acceptable in society, and will still be unacceptable in society even if multiple genders are acknowledged, and accepting multiple genders will not suddenly tip the scales of acceptance off the proverbial cliff.

Originally Posted by royal View Post
If I recall correctly, they care about what everyone thinks and says, hence "Safe Spaces."

They care what everyone thinks and says because when the majority thinks they're abominations or unwelcome in society, and they act upon such a mentality, it results in violence against them. Even when a sufficiently empowered minority thinks there's a problem, violence can occur. It's why they're looking for acceptance.

Originally Posted by royal View Post
Why are you suggesting that I hate these people? And if the question isn't directed towards me, then it stems from the way they were raised or an event that happened to them. You can only treat these racists and whatnot as normal people, treating them differently would then confirm their suspicions.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're just throwing red herrings in on purpose at this point. Where on earth did racism suddenly factor in on this? What exactly are you even responding to at this point?

Originally Posted by royal View Post
Transgender's agenda is forcing everyone to respect them and each and every wish they have. It's too much. It's like the spoiled kid in the mall who keeps asking for everything and has a meltdown when he doesn't get his way, which then leads to that kid getting what they want. It raises an ungrateful kid and a useless member of society.

Nice strawman.

The transgender agenda is asking for respect because, quite honestly, they don't get as much as the next person. I would feel like I wasn't receiving due respect if somebody tried to pass a law, and succeeded in getting it passed through major legislative bodies, prohibiting me from using a specific bathroom because they're "trying to protect the general population" because they assume people would use the excuse of "oh I'm transgender" to enter bathrooms and rape other people. Despite the fact that rape is already a crime. Or that asking a transgender woman to use the men's bathroom because that was their at-birth sex, or vice versa, can result in more problems because they visually look like their identified gender. Or if I was arbitrarily called out to be banned from serving in the military for no good reason by the highest serving individual in my government.

Originally Posted by royal View Post
There's a lot of error and mistakes in this, but I have to leave for college, I might fix it when I get back.

Yes there are, just not the ones you probably think there are. Hopefully, you'll take a course in college that will familiarize you with some of the leaps in logic you're performing, and why they're bad form in any argument.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2017   #23
+Bodhisattva
Super Moderator
 
Mesa Belt
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,031
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post


Sex is 100% based of reproductive functions and thus there are only 2, people who are intersex do not have a sex as they cannot perform a role in reproduction.



Edit: Intersex would be a category of people who do not have a sex, since you cannot be intersex if you have a sex and vice versa its easy to see it as a sex and categorize it as one but it isnt actually a sex


I'm confused by your terminology. Something has a sex if it produces sexually. You cannot be without sex if you're capable of producing sexually. Intersex people don't reproduce asexually. While some intersex genetic conditions renders them sterile, there are other intersex conditions which still allow for reproduction.
Bodhisattva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2017   #24
•SmallBowl
Better than Viddah
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,333
Clan: Parrot



If they have an organ to reproduce sexually, then they have the sex corresponding to that sexual organ.

I was wrong in the edit to a point, you can be intersex and have a sex, but rarely
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game