people playing: 115, servers online: 38, games played: 136,873,831 Top Player: Savior4

  Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 21, 2017   #11
Lucy
Forumite
 
666th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,969
Clan: Evil



Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
All of what? Would you be able to explain and expand your point please?

Well in just 1-2 years it seems there's a new gender every week, it could simply be because people think it's the new cool thing to do, sure some truly don't know,
that could be considered gender dysphoria, and just cause it has a label in the disorder category doesn't necessarily make it bad,
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #12
royal

MACHO MAN

 
Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 563



All cases of "non-binary" or other gendered people I've met and seen are extremely trigger-happy and get offended over the smallest of things. So, I am not so sure they are the most mentally healthy people. if I recall correctly, they are trying to classify insults towards LGBTQ+ as hate speech. I don't entertain the idea of censoring "hate speech," it's just a shortcut to limit free speech, so where would we draw the line between hate speech (assassination threats and verbal threats of harm are excluded because those are already deemed illegal) and a differing opinion.

Besides, onto gender. I'm really just in awe because of how much society has rolled over and accepted such foreign and misguided social constructs. It may have to do with me being home-schooled until middle school and raised in a conservative, Christian household, who knows?

For me, I've never been one to support LGBTQ+ community, and I am not in support of the gender dysphoria (or "transgenderism") topic that has been relevant this year.

If society becomes so submissive (open-minded) to accept transgenderism, 1,000,000 genders and Islam (pedophilia, women beating, sharia law), is bestiality next?

I would like to see a reasonable explanation or a short summary of why this can/will benefit society. I don't see how being "comfortable" is a good enough excuse to abandon millenniums (give or take) of normality: Male and Female.

Last edited by royal; Aug 22, 2017 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: Removed a faulty source
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #13
Bodhisattva
Elitist
 
Alzheimer Awareness Belt
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,072



Sex is essentially binary, you're either a man or a woman, bar a few rare intersex exceptions. I repeat gender is a social construct. By it's very nature, if society is changing, so will its constructs. Clearly society is changing. These thousands of people aren't just "coming out of nowhere", people have dealt with this problem for thousands of years. It's only until recent time that we're smart and accepting enough to not fucking kill them for being themselves.

What gigantic steps in logic do you think loving and accepting people who want to feel more comfortable dressing a certain way leads to us okaying non-consensual sexual contact between adults and children or adults and animals.... or beating women for that matter.

It benefits society because people are who they are and we shouldn't give a shit about what anyone else thinks. Diversity breads new ideas and creativity, it's a fundamental cornerstone of why the US became such a cultural powerhouse. Why on Earth would you care if someone who was born a man wants to be regarded as a woman? The burden really is on you here - why would holding hate in your heart for people benefit society.

Being normal isn't a good thing. It's not something to aspire to. It's literally just the definition of average. You shouldn't try to be average, nor should you force yourself to be different. You should just be yourself.

I'll give you a more palatable example though, since you seem open minded enough:

My friend's name is Robert. He prefers to go by Rob. It's his own name, of course he gets decide what he goes by, he's an adult. If you go to any college campus in the country, you ask someone "What is your name, and what would you like to go by?". Some people want their name shortened, some people want their name abbreviated, some people actually go by their middle name instead.

If a teacher was like "Hey what's your name?" and he said "Oh, I'm Rob". And the teacher then said "Is that short for Robert? Or Bobby maybe?". He'd probably say "Yeah, I guess, but I'd rather just go by Rob if that's cool." If that teacher smirked and said "Eh, I'm old fashioned. I'm a home schooled conservative christian. You were born Robert, I'll call you Robert." .... Ya know you're allowed to do that, but ... why. Why be a dick? Do you think Rob is going to appreciate that, or you? You're intentionally disrespecting someone for no reason.

It's essentially that. "Oh you were born with a penis, so I don't care about what your life is like and how you feel, I'm going to ignore your feelings. I'm going to disrespect your wishes. I don't care how you feel inside, I'm going to push MY agenda of who you are onto you, suck it." It's immature. It's nonsensical. Call him fucking Rob.
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3

Last edited by Bodhisattva; Aug 22, 2017 at 02:49 AM..
Bodhisattva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #14
Room
Junior Member
 
Blue Belt
Join Date: Dec 2011



Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
It's essentially that. "Oh you were born with a penis, so I don't care about what your life is like and how you feel, I'm going to ignore your feelings. I'm going to disrespect your wishes. I don't care how you feel inside, I'm going to push MY agenda of who you are onto you, suck it." It's immature. It's nonsensical. Call him fucking Rob.

You basically described how these "missgendered" people also think,
They try to push their agenda when most of the people don't care and find it rather annoying, no one is going to hold your hand through life and should instead just grow a backbone,

Also it's pretty sad that lgbtq doesn't include straights, it's literally putting down a group of people, which they are apparently opposed of doing.
|Just give me the fucking noose already.|
Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #15
InternetDad
Junior Member
 
Green Belt
Join Date: Aug 2017



Smallbowl, I would argue there are only two genders but more sexes. Excluding intersex people as deformities is like excluding people with unusually small dicks from dick size statistics. Just because it's abnormal doesn't mean it's wrong.

I just feel gender isn't a parameter that needs to be filled in. It's the word given to a societal construct. In India or among certain Native American people I would accept 4 genders as they regard fem boys and masculine girls as their own genders. In societies without gender roles (if any exist) I would say there was no such thing as gender. If you don't fit into a gender you are not a maberiqué gender or astralgender, you just don't fit into two relatively arbitrary groups that an archaic role system has laid out for people.

I agree with Bodhisattva on most points actually.
-----
Originally Posted by Room View Post
Also it's pretty sad that lgbtq doesn't include straights, it's literally putting down a group of people, which they are apparently opposed of doing.

So you don't think LGBTQ should exist? Because that would make the whole movement redundant. It's still illegal to be queer in a lot of places in the world so I'd rather they keep campaigning to find an equality we definitely haven't reached yet TBH.
Don't talk to your stepmom like that ever again!

Last edited by InternetDad; Aug 22, 2017 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
InternetDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #16
royal

MACHO MAN

 
Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 563



Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
gender is a social construct.

Yep, I know that. However, sex and gender can't be independent of each other. But since you can choose your gender, why can't you choose your race?

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
It's only until recent time that we're smart and accepting enough to not fucking kill them for being themselves.

It's only until recent time that they have some common sense to not kill themselves for being mentally ill.*

God Bless the Huffington Post. Very good news.

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
What gigantic steps in logic do you think loving and accepting people who want to feel more comfortable dressing a certain way leads to us okaying non-consensual sexual contact between adults and children or adults and animals.... or beating women for that matter.

When society stands for everything and anything, it falls for nothing. With many, many topics coming into play, Islam is one of them, and it is not a good thing. Islam is a horrible, horrible government masked under religion. Search up Sharia Law. I don't know if you have watched the news or looked at protests or anything, but some of the Left have been protesting "LGBTQ+ for muslims," which, homosexuality (or anything deviating from being a woman beater (man) or a slave to your husband(woman)) in Islam is punished by death, stoning or being thrown off of buildings.

Christians already fought against Islam, The Crusades. If we aren't careful, Islam can and will invade our homeland, then it's goodbye America. Take a look at Sweden, Europe and the UK. Rampant with Islamic terrorism.


Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
It benefits society because people are who they are and we shouldn't give a shit about what anyone else thinks.

If I recall correctly, they care about what everyone thinks and says, hence "Safe Spaces."

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Diversity breads new ideas and creativity, it's a fundamental cornerstone of why the US became such a cultural powerhouse. Why on Earth would you care if someone who was born a man wants to be regarded as a woman? The burden really is on you here - why would holding hate in your heart for people benefit society.

Why are you suggesting that I hate these people? And if the question isn't directed towards me, then it stems from the way they were raised or an event that happened to them. You can only treat these racists and whatnot as normal people, treating them differently would then confirm their suspicions.



Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Being normal isn't a good thing. It's not something to aspire to. It's literally just the definition of average. You shouldn't try to be average, nor should you force yourself to be different. You should just be yourself.

Thanks for the advice! I blushed.

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I'll give you a more palatable example though, since you seem open minded enough:

My friend's name is Robert. He prefers to go by Rob. It's his own name, of course he gets decide what he goes by, he's an adult. If you go to any college campus in the country, you ask someone "What is your name, and what would you like to go by?". Some people want their name shortened, some people want their name abbreviated, some people actually go by their middle name instead.

If a teacher was like "Hey what's your name?" and he said "Oh, I'm Rob". And the teacher then said "Is that short for Robert? Or Bobby maybe?". He'd probably say "Yeah, I guess, but I'd rather just go by Rob if that's cool." If that teacher smirked and said "Eh, I'm old fashioned. I'm a home schooled conservative christian. You were born Robert, I'll call you Robert." .... Ya know you're allowed to do that, but ... why. Why be a dick? Do you think Rob is going to appreciate that, or you? You're intentionally disrespecting someone for no reason.

It's essentially that. "Oh you were born with a penis, so I don't care about what your life is like and how you feel, I'm going to ignore your feelings. I'm going to disrespect your wishes. I don't care how you feel inside, I'm going to push MY agenda of who you are onto you, suck it." It's immature. It's nonsensical. Call him fucking Rob.

Transgender's agenda is forcing everyone to respect them and each and every wish they have. It's too much. It's like the spoiled kid in the mall who keeps asking for everything and has a meltdown when he doesn't get his way, which then leads to that kid getting what they want. It raises an ungrateful kid and a useless member of society.


(pretty funny video)

There's a lot of error and mistakes in this, but I have to leave for college, I might fix it when I get back.
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #17
+Ele
Community Manbanger
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,292
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by royal View Post
Yep, I know that. However, sex and gender can't be independent of each other. But since you can choose your gender, why can't you choose your race?

There's no biological basis to gender. It's something that doesn't exist, it's an abstract concept created by societies. On the flip side, race does have a biological basis. That's the theory behind why you can 'choose' your gender but not your race - Gender is just an imaginary thing, race is a real restriction.

That said, society accepts transexuals now (sex has a biological basis), so maybe when the tech becomes available, they'll accept transracials too.
Ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #18
SmallBowl
Better than Viddah
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,319
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by InternetDad View Post
Smallbowl, I would argue there are only two genders but more sexes. Excluding intersex people as deformities is like excluding people with unusually small dicks from dick size statistics. Just because it's abnormal doesn't mean it's wrong.

There are only 2 sexes.

Sex: either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and most other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.

Sex is based on reproductive organs and the only categories are the 2 sides of the human reproductive system. People who have birth abnormalities and do not have either sexual organs do not have a sex but may have a gender.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #19
Bodhisattva
Elitist
 
Alzheimer Awareness Belt
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,072



Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
There are only 2 sexes.

Sex: either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and most other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.

Sex is based on reproductive organs and the only categories are the 2 sides of the human reproductive system. People who have birth abnormalities and do not have either sexual organs do not have a sex but may have a gender.

That is factually incorrect, people with birth abnormalities do have a sex, they are intersex. What gender they may associate isn't relevant.

It's a small population of people, some of which were previously called "hermaphrodites", but they do have a scientifically categorized sex as determined by their genes and endocrine system.

There are two primary sexes, man and woman, and there are many variants of a third sex, known scientifically as intersex.

Gender being a social construct runs the gambit of many many showings.
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
Bodhisattva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2017   #20
SmallBowl
Better than Viddah
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,319
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
That is factually incorrect, people with birth abnormalities do have a sex, they are intersex. What gender they may associate isn't relevant.

It's a small population of people, some of which were previously called "hermaphrodites", but they do have a scientifically categorized sex as determined by their genes and endocrine system.

There are two primary sexes, man and woman, and there are many variants of a third sex, known scientifically as intersex.

Gender being a social construct runs the gambit of many many showings.



Sex is 100% based of reproductive functions and thus there are only 2, people who are intersex do not have a sex as they cannot perform a role in reproduction.



Edit: Intersex would be a category of people who do not have a sex, since you cannot be intersex if you have a sex and vice versa its easy to see it as a sex and categorize it as one but it isnt actually a sex
[sigpic][/sigpic]
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context

Last edited by SmallBowl; Aug 22, 2017 at 07:23 PM..
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:30 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game