people playing: 74, servers online: 27, games played: 135,858,485 Top Player: Shmevin

  Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 8, 2017   #11
•SmallBowl
Better than Viddah
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,333
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by hipotibor View Post
Nobody in Europe likes muslim refugees, therefore every european is a nazi. Large groups of actual nazis don't exist anymore. They are the leftists' version of the boogeyman.

You have a weird perception of Europe. Generally speaking people dont hate refugees certainly not as principle, however almost everyone hates terrorists (far too many of which travel with peaceful refugees).

Also although technically incorrect I think pretty much everyone is aware that by "nazis" antifa and other far left aligned people mean people with different views to theirs, as opposed to the fascist German party that was involved in world war II.

Note: Im not stating where I stand here or taking sides in this post, where I said different views; this view could range anywhere from wanting biological sex to remain on birth certificates to hating all people who arent Caucasian out of principle.
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2017   #12
+Wicked
666
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,339
Clan: Evil



Blubkill, firstly, I hope you were triggered by seeing the word swastika in my signature and proceeded to weep. God forbid anyone use a symbol like that, except of course left wing artists such as the Sex Pistols, right? Are you sickened by Johnny Rotten and the Sex Pistols? How about the Dead Kennedys? FYI, I support freedom of speech, everything you antifa are against. I am not right wing, in fact my views are very liberal. I believe in fighting intolerance with words. When you do not tolerate the intolerant, it makes you the intolerant. You are everything you claim to hate, you intolerant fascist.
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2017   #13
Unicorn
Crying Unicorn
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,958



Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
Blubkill, firstly, I hope you were triggered by seeing the word swastika in my signature and proceeded to weep. God forbid anyone use a symbol like that, except of course left wing artists such as the Sex Pistols, right? Are you sickened by Johnny Rotten and the Sex Pistols? How about the Dead Kennedys?

ah so youre some random punk child, because they sololey used the symbolism to protest and piss people off. thats not a good foundation for it i see. and totally makes sense to use those in a public place with the anonimity of the internet, 60 years later. i doubt you would walk around with one in a public city.

because you totally need to do that on the internet, in some forum where no one actually cares about your political opinion?
Proud to be a Unicorn


Questions, need help? come to #Support or send me a PM!
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2017   #14
•SmallBowl
Better than Viddah
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,333
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by Fee
Rules
A) As always global forum rules apply. These can be found by following the link below:
Global Rules.

B) Useless posting is not tolerated within Discussion, below is the criteria used for deeming a post useless:
  • The post holds no relevance to the topic being discussed.
  • The post lacks in enough structure or content to be considered a valid contribution to the topic (no one-sentence posts (except when asking for clarification)).
  • The post lacks any degree of originality.
  • The post has derailing tendencies.

C) Personal digs between users will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to insulting comments, personally directed hate, and unnecessary rhetorical remarks. That being said, rhetoric may slide if it services a point rather than belittle the opposite party in the discussion. If the discussion is getting too heated step back, take a deep breath and make sure you are fully calm before posting a reply. Respect the points made by other users in the same manner you would expect yours to be respected.

Please make sure you keep discussion civil, the board is about exchanging opinions not insults
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2017   #15
Oracle
Chatterbox
 
8th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,618
Clan: [T]



Originally Posted by Ele View Post
It seems to me like there's no real neo-Nazi threat (or if there is, its size is greatly exaggerated by Antifa). I think it's just a bunch of angry radical leftists, pissed off at having Trump run shit who promptly decided that political violence is a fine way to manage their anger.

Thoughts on this? Antifa's use of force or just thoughts about Antifa in general?

Since I have the time for this now, I'll actually give a more focused response.

There is a neo-Nazi threat. The problem is less how big it is, and more how it's become emboldened. Neo-Nazis have felt that the environment is accepting enough that they can walk on the street and parade their message of anti-Semitism and xenophobia in public, and far right extremism in the U.S. is on the rise in recent years, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. There is some speech that is indefensible due to the content of its message, and the spread of that speech should be prevented.

I know I'll get the argument of "free speech", but that defense is sorely misinformed. The right to free speech is not universally protected when it comes to offensive speech, as established by the Supreme Court in the case Chaplinsky vs. New Hampshire. It was decided that "fighting words" or speech that is aimed at antagonizing a person to provoke a violent reaction, or threats of bodily harm, are not protected under the First Amendment. Not all of the alt-right is advocating violence, but there are neo-Nazis who associate among the alt-right, and Nazi ideology explicitly demands the extermination of a people. There's also that recent event in Charlottesville with the torch-lit rally that was performed by the alt-right that, in my opinion, crossed this line by mirroring the days when KKK torch-lit rallies were performed to put fear into resident minorities.

That said, the antifa are not in the right either. While I sympathize with their intent, I believe their approach is both morally wrong and misguided in practice. While I would advocate violence against Nazism if it has power, the neo-Nazi movement is still small. Violence at this point only emboldens the members that are already a part of it, and can serve as a way to generate sympathy to their cause because it's clear they're still very much the minority in the general population. It is much more effective to smother their speech through unity at this point. Making it clear that they are both the minority and in the wrong through peaceful protests does more harm to their movement than violence while they have no real power. The moral high ground is not on their side, and we stand to lose more by fighting on their level.

Generally speaking, I view violence as morally acceptable only as an option of last resort. As I believe I've made clear, I don't believe we're anywhere near an option of last resort when it comes to neo-Nazis, so I don't believe violence is a morally acceptable answer.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2017   #16
MrJingles
Elitist
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,533
Clan: duck



@blub: considering you're actually from Germany, I find it peculiar how easily you throw around the word nazi. The more people throw around the word nazi, the less value it holds. Calling someone a nazi just because they may or may not share a single aspect (prejudice towards other races) with the party does not necessarily mean they support Hitler and a passion for German nationalism, both key aspects of Nazism. Many of these so called "nazi's" could give a rat's ass about your country. The party was dissolved over 60 years ago, and yet ANTIFA claims the right are firm believers in nazi ideology. Even if there are neo-nazi's running amuck in modern society grouping them with the average right winger makes no sense whatsoever. Much like how your anecdote of your friend getting beat up because of his ANTIFA attire was wrong. People need to understand that hate breeds more hate, and if one cannot see that then they can't possibly see the bigger picture. If anything ANTIFA is disrespecting the millions of deaths caused by the actual nazi party, and circlejerking each other off thinking that they're some sort of vigilantes doing the world a favor even though many ANTIFA members are just as ill-informed as the so called "nazi's" they despise so much.

The reason the Nazi party was so well received in Germany was due to the fact that Germany was in a huge fucking recession after WW1. A single man came forth and inspired the country that they could be the best in the world, and he could put them back on their feet. He told them he would make them proud of their country, taking advantage of the country's poor morale as he gave them a hope to hold onto. And once Hitler (and co) actually did bring Germany back to its feet (through rearmament, albeit the miracle was only temporary), the German people believed he could do anything (he was also an amazing public speaker which put a fire in the bellies of the once depressed nation). Hitler then used this moment to push his prejudiced agenda and had his country's full support. Major propaganda also pushed the agenda so much so that people could do extremely cruel things without blinking an eye due how easily our morals can be swayed by someone we trust. (Look up the Milgram experiment, 1961)

And to answer the question ele posted, no you shouldn't punch a 'nazi'. You shouldn't punch anyone at all really, if you do it means your emotions got the better of you and you're no better than a child no matter what 'side' you fight for. I feel the extremes of both sides are directly correlated to a profound lack of knowledge and their actions being driven by their emotions or worse by mob mentality and blindly following others. Much like the supporters of abolishing vaccinations, which as a nursing student pisses me off more than anything, and as much as I'd like to smack them across the head, the best solution would be to try and educate and inform them rather than just respond with emotions which hold little to no value in the adult world.

People nowadays need to start reading things from both sides of the political spectrum. Since everyone is biased in their own way, its important to gauge the information out there and create your own opinion instead of echoing others. Recognize that your very newspapers, media outlets, television, public speakers, etc., are all biased in one way or another and you need to take everything you come across with a grain of salt.

And stay the fuck off political blogs like Huffington and Breitbart who are so biased, the only reason they survive is through sensationalizing themselves and demonizing other parties. Learn to communicate to people instead of punching people you fucks
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/

Last edited by MrJingles; Sep 9, 2017 at 07:39 AM..
MrJingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2017   #17
Cassh
Junior Member
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 17
Clan: Senpai



Stop acting like a bitch and put your hands up
If you act you act, if not your not helping the situation.

You guys could go out right now and punch a nazi but you wont because most of you are 140p white kids, trying to assault a radical concept words in a thread on toribash rather than actually improving the fucking world through degeneration.

When you act apon a orientation and someone criticizes you you get insecure, upset whatever - but when you explain an orientation to someone its almost impossible to fight about it, even if you verbal disagree. Racist are the first group the ones who act or better; pray, on individuals of color, sexual status and life standards only theres no persecution from pacifist pussy bitches who say its not okay to hit anyone. ostracizing yourself doesnt do shit and your honestly pathetic because the roll of humans currently, is basically that of god, do no hard, create, promote, co-exist.

If you see a nazi in public, and your not afraid, like you are here behind your screens trying to sound politically correct, maby take a fucking stand for your grandfather maby take a stand for your auntis do it for your babys momma, do it for your fucking self i cant believe some of you said its not okay to hit anyone. you guys understand the concept of a deterrent? the black panthers did.
Cassh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2017   #18
•SmallBowl
Better than Viddah
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,333
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by Cassh View Post
If you act you act, if not your not helping the situation.

You guys could go out right now and punch a nazi but you wont because most of you are 140p white kids, trying to assault a radical concept words in a thread on toribash rather than actually improving the fucking world through degeneration.

When you act apon a orientation and someone criticizes you you get insecure, upset whatever - but when you explain an orientation to someone its almost impossible to fight about it, even if you verbal disagree. Racist are the first group the ones who act or better; pray, on individuals of color, sexual status and life standards only theres no persecution from pacifist pussy bitches who say its not okay to hit anyone. ostracizing yourself doesnt do shit and your honestly pathetic because the roll of humans currently, is basically that of god, do no hard, create, promote, co-exist.

If you see a nazi in public, and your not afraid, like you are here behind your screens trying to sound politically correct, maby take a fucking stand for your grandfather maby take a stand for your auntis do it for your babys momma, do it for your fucking self i cant believe some of you said its not okay to hit anyone. you guys understand the concept of a deterrent? the black panthers did.

Nazism - neonazism - fascism - racism

All of these things are ideologies amd not physical objects, you cant beat them into submission by punching and the more you try to the more you stoke the flames. The message they send is abhorrent, punching people you disagree with is also abhorrent and will not achieve the goal you intent. People oppose antifa, not because most people are fascists, but becsuse fighting ideas/speech with violence is neanderthalic and doesnt even help the fight against fascism.

You fight bad ideas with better ideas not with fists. You fight ideoligies with logical speech not with fire. It's as if people have forgotten that an ideology isnt a group of people.
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2017   #19
Moonshake
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,375
Clan: NO



Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I mean, five of those aren't quite like the others. Some are just general teen angst, the five are actual signs of racist behavior.

Also, that's Calgary. They're known to have strong conservative values, and it's not the first time they've overgeneralized teenage behavior as malignant.

the issue isn't about those 5 things obviously, the issue that it's less than half of the article. also yes it's obviously overgeneralization, but labeling it as "strong conservative values" is a fluke. the religious right is not really a thing anymore (and if it existed, god forbid it'd be anywhere in canada), no person who is truly right-wing can miss the mark this badly when it comes to identifying someone who is more extreme than them

Originally Posted by Cassh View Post
You guys could go out right now and punch a nazi but you wont because most of you are 140p white kids, trying to assault a radical concept words in a thread on toribash rather than actually improving the fucking world through degeneration.

normalizing political violence will only stimulate more and more unrest. extremity breeds extremity, racism breeds racism. if this normalization of political violence spreads, then that is only more reason for the nazi movement to grow. if you're expecting nazis to shrivel up and die once everyone starts punching them on sight, then with the same logic, black people should still be sitting on the back of the bus.

Originally Posted by Cassh View Post
If you see a nazi in public, and your not afraid, like you are here behind your screens trying to sound politically correct, maby take a fucking stand for your grandfather maby take a stand for your auntis do it for your babys momma, do it for your fucking self i cant believe some of you said its not okay to hit anyone. you guys understand the concept of a deterrent? the black panthers did.

black panthers? it's not like malcolm X disavowed his previous ways after he went to mecca or something like that
>:)
Moonshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2017   #20
MrJingles
Elitist
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,533
Clan: duck



Originally Posted by cassh
You guys could go out right now and punch a nazi but you wont because most of you are 140p white kids

Nice job bringing race into this thread for no reason.

trying to assault a radical concept words in a thread on toribash

Its called having an actual discussion mate, seems to me you've never had an actual one before regarding your response. The concept isn't so radical at all, what we're addressing is whether or not we should punch someone because of their ideals. Simple.

rather than actually improving the fucking world through degeneration.

How would degeneracy help the world in any what way what the fuck are you on

When you act apon a orientation and someone criticizes you you get insecure

that's a wide accusation

when you explain an orientation to someone its almost impossible to fight about it, even if you verbal disagree.

Well you're trying to explain your orientation and are fired up about people who have a different opinion than you so I'd say you're wrong there. I know many people who'd start a fight with another individual with differing opinions, its because they're not thinking logically, they are letting their emotions take over.

Racist are the first group the ones who act or better; pray, on individuals of color, sexual status and life standards only theres no persecution...

Ah I see you have the "hit them before they hit us" mentality, but have you ever thought that the other side is thinking the exact same? That they feel they are in danger from the radical left? After all media outlets have shown antifa members using things from bike-locks to bats to "send their message"

pacifist pussy bitches who say its not okay to hit anyone.

ecksdee

ostracizing yourself doesnt do shit

So you're saying we're not allowed to step back and think about why individuals are doing what they're doing, but rather we should pick a side and go from there?

and your honestly pathetic because the roll of humans currently, is basically that of god, do no hard, create, promote, co-exist.

Don't know what this is trying to say sorry

If you see a nazi in public

What is a nazi supposed to look like?

and your not afraid, like you are here behind your screens trying to sound politically correct, maby take a fucking stand for your grandfather maby take a stand for your auntis do it for your babys momma,

Seems like you're not thinking logically, but glorifying physical violence towards those with differing opinions because you believe yours is right. Again, what you just said can be a shared ideal from those so called 'nazis', they could be thinking that they need to protect themselves and their families from masked "vigilantes."

do it for your fucking self i cant believe some of you said its not okay to hit anyone.

Not so hard to believe other people have opinions that differ from your own. There are literally thousands of articles that disagree with that you are so passionate about, so it looks to me like you haven't read any of them if this is a real shocker to you.

you guys understand the concept of a deterrent? the black panthers did.

Black panthers is a recognized terrorist group. The black panthers also killed a 17 year old kid, so what. That's like saying "you guys understand the concept of a deterrent? Al Qaeda did. ISIS did.

Do you understand how stupid that sounds?
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
MrJingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:13 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game