people playing: 113, servers online: 38, games played: 136,873,844 Top Player: Savior4

Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Oct 10, 2017   #1
+Wicked

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evil

World's First Head Transplant
As I'm sure you're all aware, this December will mark the first ever attempt at a full human head transplant.
So, this has brought up a bunch of moral/ethical dilemmas as well as the question of whether or not this will actually work. The process seems extremely complex, and many other surgeons have called it "speculative".
If it does succeed, what does this mean for us all as humans?
Do you think that we are playing God? Or are you excited for the direction that we are going?
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2017   #2
Dare
Forumite

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Saint

Its a big step in human technology and human knowledge. I think its the right thing to do as without doing it no one will actually know if it will work or not. This is the only method to further increase human advancement.
PM ME I LOVE U <3
Dare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2017   #3
Trocher3
Elitist

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Frost

Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
Do you think that we are playing God?

People also said that when they attempted organ transplant, that kind of mentality will never go anywhere.
Nonetheless I'm both skeptical and excited to see the results, because I think it's not possible to reconnect severed spinal cord, our technology isn't that good yet. Let's just hope for the best.
nothing in this life really matters.
Trocher3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2017   #4
Theory
Professional Graphic Designer

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Catalyst

It feels kind of weird to know that the human technology has advanced that much in like what, 100 years?

I also have a bad feeling of this, if it ends successful I imagine this being used for really bad stuff in some years.

Professional Graphic Designer
[Mexican] Player | Fan Club | Ex-[Latin] member
Former [Crooks] Leader | [TA] Member
Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2017   #5
•Redundant
(o/

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Tribe

Sounds like a blessing for transgenders.
How are you?
Redundant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2017   #6
Ezeth
Item Frogger

3rd Dan Black Belt

I really doubt this will work, so many things that needs to go right in terms of reconnecting the nerval system, spinal cord, blood vessels etcetc, but if there is a place crazy enough for this sort of thing its definitely Russia. They should definitely have tried this on test animals beforehand, but if the alternative is to live an insufferable life then I guess why not.

Last edited by Ezeth; Oct 13, 2017 at 08:06 PM..
Ezeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2017   #7
Icosagon

Orange Belt
Clan: Elite

Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
I really doubt this will work, so many things that needs to go right in terms of reconnecting the nerval system, spinal cord, blood vessels etcetc, but if there is a place crazy enough for this sort of thing its definitely Russia. They should definitely have tried this on test animals beforehand, but if the alternative is to live an insufferable life then I guess why not.

According to other articles I've read about this he's already done this before with mice, he's also managed to attach the head of a mouse to the body of a rat making two headed rats which sounds like something straight out of a fictional novel but you never know.
None of his subjects lived for more than a month though so I wonder what kind of result he even expects from the human head transplant.
are you shy? That's cute ;)
Icosagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2017   #8
Stone
Forumite

Master Belt
Clan: Tribe

Another question, where do they get the body? I assume it would have to be a living body since a dead body already has most of it's cells dead.
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2017   #9
Kriegery
ub3r

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Adventure

I heard that it's from some guy who has multiple brain tumors or something, so he decided to gift his life/body for this experiment
Have a nice day <(⚆▾⚆)>
Kriegery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2017   #10
+Wicked

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evil

I did link an article that gives you most of the information you'd need to structure the discussion around.
Just saying!
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote