Toribash
Original Post
Damages & Points trigger/localisation
It would be very nice to be able to set and change what part of the body can score and/or recieve points.

For instance, being a wushu player, it happens pretty often that someone lands a clean chest or groin hit for 20k points, and then his opponent barrely touch his leg for 25k points. That doesn't make much sense.

What would be nice is being able to decide that, lets say, touching the tighs will score only 5-10% of the normal scoring system, same for the arms etc... and in the opposite we could make it 150% for the head and 200% for the groin/neck or something. This would involve way more precision and skill than just slamming your feet/hands in front of you, hopping to catch something.

That would as well make it possible to chose what part of your body can block, making forearms and legs 0% of damage would allow us to perfectly block with it, instead of just feet and hands !
Last edited by deprav; Jul 21, 2013 at 03:42 AM.
Originally Posted by CACROT View Post
I get this a lot. My friend kicked my hand once and literally got 200k points.
I support this because there's a lot of annoying ways you lose to a small tap on the leg etc.

Hands and feet take no damage -_-
Ormo|Pyro|Geru|Revel
Originally Posted by HolyButler View Post
actually they do.

Dude, no they don't, go punch uke. If you hit with only your fist, with no dm, you will take no damage.
Ormo|Pyro|Geru|Revel
fists, hands, you know the difference, right?

oh boy, that's some nice idea, it'd be usefull not only in wushu but also a tk where point sometimes are really illogical, but to not make it too complex with the triggers and whatnot, just setting simple value, of how vurnerable the bodypart is where 1.0 is the default. like any other position, friction or rotating axis.
Last edited by Scorpio; Jul 29, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
Yeah, I would love this. Tired of losing from a wrist hit when I kick someone's head.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
fists, hands, you know the difference, right?

oh boy, that's some nice idea, it'd be usefull not only in wushu but also a tk where point sometimes are really illogical, but to not make it too complex with the triggers and whatnot, just setting simple value, of how vurnerable the bodypart is where 1.0 is the default. like any other position, friction or rotating axis.

Yep that was my main idea 1.0 being 100%, the rest follows ;p

Tho snake's trigger idea, if doable, might open some really good possibilities !
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
I like where this is going. Keep working on it, can't shove it in people's faces quite yet.

I think we've reached the point where our poor development knowledge stops us from going deeper in that suggestion.

It might be up to you to "materialize" it, or point us in a direction ;o