ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Adding Functions to the Market Operations
I've quickly put together an idea of how useful functions could be added to the market.

-Sellers would have the option of setting an asking price, or auto-buy amount.

-Buyers would have an option of making offers by pressing the offer button, and entering an amount.

-The current best offer would be shown, and buyers would see the amount to beat, to be in the lead.

-Sellers would have the option of accepting an offer at any given time, which would automatically have the tc transferred to their account, and the item would also automatically be sent to the buyer.

-Of course, buyers could click the "buy" button and pay the asking price.

-Perhaps, Sellers would have the option to not use the "offer" option, only allowing buyers to click the "buy" button for the full asking amount.

I just think this could really improve the way items are traded in Toribash, and would likely reduce the scamming enormously.

This is the basic concept, but I have further ideas on more elaborate options, which would eventually allow Toribash players to do most of their trading in this market, if not all.

rock the world, one fight at a time
I'm just gonna drop this off here.
This seems like a very fair suggestion. This brings an actual "market" feel instead of a mere shop, and I think it's important to separate torishop and market.
If the market was more of a way to earn tc by buying/selling, and people still bought from the shop, that would be an aspirin for a severe headache of Toribash. Perhaps, if the market was more complicated, and the shop was easier to use, people would prefer simplicity to cheapness.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
My main focus with this idea is efficiency. There are so many problems generated by the way trading is conducted on the items board. Using this idea could reduce useless/offtopic posts, illegal bumping, and much scamming, making trading in Toribash much safer and smoother.
-----
Also, when a buyer would click the "buy" button, he could be taken to a payment option page. The seller would have set his preferences when he put the item up for sale, allowing him to accept TC, USD via PayPal, and possibly trade items, as payment options. The buyer would choose one of the available payment options and complete his purchase. Everything would be flawlessly automated. Members could even sell TC with such a system, and it would be perfectly safe.
Last edited by evo; Aug 22, 2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This is by far the best idea i have heard recently

It is very interesting and I think it would make market more fun aswell

Good job evo ;)
buying items with usd
So basically you want to automate the items board? I see how it could work, but it really wont reduce scams much at all. Most scamming doesn't happen on the forum anyways.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Gum View Post
So basically you want to automate the items board? I see how it could work, but it really wont reduce scams much at all. Most scamming doesn't happen on the forum anyways.

You would know more than me about the scams. My idea is to integrate most, if not all of the items board transactions into the market. The market already works flawlessly. By integrating these few new functions, most daily transactions could take place on the market, with zero incidents.

Adding the payment options would add even more possibilities.
-----
Originally Posted by ArrowBasse View Post
This is by far the best idea i have heard recently

It is very interesting and I think it would make market more fun aswell

Good job evo ;)

Thanks Arrow,

I have to agree. The market would be a blast!

Oh, and also,

The seller could very well have the Auction option, with a deadline,
so it would work the same way as on the items board, but automated.
Last edited by evo; Aug 26, 2013 at 05:01 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This just sounds like the forum market put into the actual market...I like it :] sounds much simpler that having to bid then wait 18 hours for a reply (if you can find it again)
but I mainly like how it sounds so simple to buy and sell things.

-Looks clean
-Looks simple
-Looks like people wont get a infraction every 10 seconds because they dont know how to make a thread ;) (me)
-looks easy

I'm all for it, great idea

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang