Toribash
View Poll Results: do you approve of the usd dueling change?
no
6 Votes / 11.11%
super no
5 Votes / 9.26%
ultra no
18 Votes / 33.33%
yes
25 Votes / 46.30%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Yes and you could legit just get the other person banned and not give a fuck about an account -_-
Last edited by iTemp; Sep 25, 2017 at 03:24 PM.
I think Reimbursement should not be supported, however Duel Scamming is still Scamming. The reward of the scam might not be refundable but if the proof is concrete, as all Duel Scam reports typically are, the offender should still be banned/punished.

In this way, it is not fully supported however it still is a "hey, fuck off" factor when USD Dueling. Or else, like Nerf and iTemp have been saying, there is unlimited value in USD Dueling to your heart's content. If you win, there's a chance that you get USD. If you lose, you can always just abuse the lack of support and skedaddle. At the same time this change was so insignificant and unannounced that one part of the spectrum would easily have the opportunity to abuse it while they can. People losing might assume they still have to cough up the cash. Aforementioned, there's not a matter of "trustworthiness" in this part of the community anymore because there's nothing to lose by dipping, whereas before high stake duelers typically cared to keep themselves off a ZT/BoS.

Plus, if USD Duels aren't supported then every non-toribash duel related instance should also not be supported. People duel for CSGO Skins and other things just as often.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Plus, if USD Duels aren't supported then every non-toribash duel related instance should also not be supported. People duel for CSGO Skins and other things just as often.

They aren't. We provide support for items and toricredits being dueled, and we give bans for art-related duels. Any other scam report is disregarded as per rule one of our dueling policies.

Where that misconception came from is beyond me—it's specifically stated in our guidelines what we do and don't support.
USD scams were hell to deal with when I was Market Squad.

So many ways users can get fucked and there is no way we can prevent this from happening, unless we make our own version of a money transfer site (lol), that we have direct and very supervised control over (TSA, most likely).

Then the next issue is the forgery of "proof" of transaction, it's such a hellish thing to deal with.

I say in order to prevent scam reports for USD, have people put their name on a list (and you can only put your name) so if you agree to the terms of USD dueling, etc. that if you are scammed of USD, Market Squad can not and will not reimburse you.

My idea, at least.
im pretty sure you can still make supported scam reports for someone not sending usd for usd for tc or something trade, correct me if im wrong

which is probably hell to deal with too, i have first hand experience with someone forging paypal evidence against me when they didn't pay. got lucky that they made mistakes in the screenshots

although this could be avoided by making sure they send the usd first, but chargebacks still happen
Last edited by Nerfpls; Sep 25, 2017 at 08:48 PM.
yes i know........
just saying that you could use the reasoning for not supporting usd duel scams for any other usd scam
Originally Posted by Nerfpls View Post
yes i know........
just saying that you could use the reasoning for not supporting usd duel scams for any other usd scam

Yes, but in other USD situations, something usually is exchanged upfront prior to money being sent. If they chargeback the USD, the TC/Art can be returned and removed.

In USD dueling, for the obvious reason, that isn't the case. It turns out, just after losing a duel, people aren't cooperative and happy. And when those guys who lose 3-2 to "some bullshit wrist dm" decide in the heat of the moment that "Hey, fuck that guy, he's not getting my TC" and run away, then what? Then like... 2 weeks later they complain and cry in Ban Appeals about how they are willing to send the USD now if they'll unban them. It's obnoxious.

People don't buy an art texture set randomly in a thread and then say "UGH this set this is so unfair!" and not send the TC... and even if they did, they wouldn't get to steal the artwork.

This isn't even a real "change", it's just an emphasis on a policy that we've held for as long as I can remember - we don't keep rules we have no power to enforce.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I'm aware of the rigorous work that goes into usd issues, but I just feel like users are at a higher risk now. That's my opinion without reading much of this thread..
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO