ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Clan League 2018

It's finally here! sorry! Gather your clan mates, wake up the inactive and get ready for Clan League 2018!
Time is now for your clan to rise up and usurp the belt from Alpha.
Will the conquest of Alpha be over? Or will they reign victorious for another year?

Rules for participation are as follows:

•Anyone found to be in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished. This includes being in several accounts in one roster
•Failure to organise matches will result in disqualification for both clans, unless one clan has been shown to be making more effort.*
•Reporting match scores should include the score clearly, a list of participants and all replays.

*Not including group phase*

This year we're doing a dual phase tournament, this means a group stage and a final stage.

Within your groups you will do a round robin, fighting each clan twice.
The top two clans per group will advance to the final stage, except for the two clans with the least points.
This brings 27 clans down to 16 for the final knockout stage.
The final stage will be a standard single elimination, with a reverse gradient seed (eg starting with 1st vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th, 3rd vs 14th and so on.)

The rules for the quarter finals phase are as follows:
  • A single player can play no more than 3 different modes.
  • A single player can play no more than 5 matches in total.
  • A single player can play no more than 3 matches per mod.
  • Deadline for the quarter finals will be October 7th.
  • 5 Different modes, 5 matches each round, best of 25 (or first to 13).

Modes:

Lenshu3ng.tbm
Taekkyon.tbm
judofrac.tbm
aikidobigdojo.tbm
boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm

Group stage matches

Positionings (greyed out teams are disqualified)

== Won by Alpha ==
•Your clan's own custom 3D item made by our item forgers*
•A clan achievement trophy
•A year of Toriprime and wibbles*
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items and packs)
•12 Shiai Tokens*
•400,000 Toricredits

== Won by Obey ==
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items and packs)
•6 months Toriprime and wibbles*
•6 Shiai tokens*
•200,000 Toricredits

== Won by Undead ==
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items, packs, elite tier items and misc textures)
•3 Shiai Tokens*
•100,000 Toricredits

*Items marked with an asterisk are given to each member of a clan*
To qualify for prizes you must have played at least 3 games.

We recommend you use discord to organise your matches, you can find a link to the official toribash server here
Feel free to organise matches in your own servers, or however you see fit.

Last edited by sir; Oct 11, 2018 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Finals
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
It sounds very anti climactic to decide the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners because one player was on the roster of two different clans.

It is my understanding that Obey is going to argue against the solution proposed by Reta in hopes of continuing the Clan League as normal. If staff rule against Obey, then Team Girl Scouts would like to continue our match with Obey in hopes of moving forward to the finals.

Our sights are set only on 1st place. If we have the chance to seize it then we will do so. We are not interested in settling for 2nd or 3rd, especially as a result of Obey's mistake as proposed by other users.
Last edited by Shmevin; Oct 8, 2018 at 04:04 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reta I know you're not one to be daft

STAFF makes a mistake twice

Only Felnins wins are to be re-evaluated

We have 48 hours to clear up your mistake because I'm assuming you guys know Clan League has gone on long enough and don't want to delay any further. But it's gone on this long because of another mistake your team made in the group stages. Furthermore it took us the whole week to finish matches with TGS because of our schedules and etc and now we are only given 48 hours to "fix" your mistakes.

Shouldn't you punish your team of volunteers for messing up on multiple times? Why are we being punished?

You haven't made the outcome fair for both parties, you've made it easier for your team to glue your broken event back together. For fucks sake, people who make mistakes face consequences. People who do not make mistakes do not face consequences. It's Elementary.

Fix your own shit
-----
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
@hat, if we are talking about following cl rules

(these correspond with each bold within the quote from top to bottom. i think)

Scarce evidence, isn't non existent evidence.

No matter if the matches were DQ'ed or not he still played them.

Because the matches did not count does not mean it was within the rules to play for two different clans.

Does not matter what time the rule breaking is discovered if it is discovered, and im sure that also includes after the cl was over already.

saying that its too late to make this type of ruling is like saying its too late to arrest a robber who was caught from video evidence after the fact.

Staff is for sure at part to blame and I am glad they take responsibility, but if you fellows knew he had played for a different clan already you should have gone with the safe route and not have let him play in the first place, considering you went out of your way to get more than one confirmation from ES means that you fellows knew it might be a risk. So a fault on both parts, even if ES or reta does take full responsibility...

but that's just my 2 cents

Also, this is so fucking dumb, I just had to quote it.

Scarce evidence means that there is almost no evidence at all. The evidence is what is needed to make a justified and fair ruling. Therefore if there is no concrete evidence there cannot be a ruling.

DQing matches means that they were disqualified

qual·i·fied
ˈkwäləˌfīd/Submit
adjective
officially recognized as being trained to perform a particular job; certified.

So if a match has been DQed then it is not officially recognized. So it doesn't count.

Being sure that if the rule break was discovered after cl it would be treated the same doesn't mean that is what would happen.

"saying that its too late to make this type of ruling is like saying its too late to arrest a robber who was caught from video evidence after the fact".

^ This stands alone. But I will say that there is a statue of limitations for most crimes.

Also, why are we not allowed to take a risk?
Last edited by Gotti; Oct 8, 2018 at 04:17 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
@hat, if we are talking about following cl rules

(these correspond with each bold within the quote from top to bottom. i think)

Scarce evidence, isn't non existent evidence.

No matter if the matches were DQ'ed or not he still played them.

Because the matches did not count does not mean it was within the rules to play for two different clans.

Does not matter what time the rule breaking is discovered if it is discovered, and im sure that also includes after the cl was over already.

saying that its too late to make this type of ruling is like saying its too late to arrest a robber who was caught from video evidence after the fact.

Staff is for sure at part to blame and I am glad they take responsibility, but if you fellows knew he had played for a different clan already you should have gone with the safe route and not have let him play in the first place, considering you went out of your way to get more than one confirmation from ES means that you fellows knew it might be a risk. So a fault on both parts, even if ES or reta does take full responsibility...

but thats just my 2 cents

Going to basically only respond to Micah here and wait for a staff post, both because it's the only sort of response that exists and also because it's one of the good examples I can paste here that misses the point of the entire post.
----
Scarce evidence not being nonexistent is true, you have indeed grasped the definition. However, it isn't hard to see what I mean by that. Desolate received 0 points, and I found (as I said in my post) 2 posts, both incomplete regarding matches played. This creates a situation where the validity of the matches can be further taken into question, thus solidifying the point I was making. I won't explain any further I'm sure you get the idea now.

In regards to your second and third point, it is one of the examples where you miss the point.

I am not failing to acknowledge he played matches, as I mention it in my post. The matches were not counted, and so they have no effect on Clan League whatsoever. And because they have no effect on Clan League whatsoever I explain I find it odd that they are deciding to make a ruling that has a far bigger effect on the outcome of Clan League.

Which then segues into my next point, which you commented on in regards to the timing. First off, if you're insinuating that they would, after Clan League has been completed and the winner decided, then reset back to semi-finals to complete a few matches then re-do the entirety of finals because they found this kind of situation to be occurring, well, I'd have to say you might be wrong lol.

And if you wouldn't be wrong I'd have serious doubts whoever hosted that particular event would ever host such an event ever again. But anyways!

My point regarding it's too late has to do with "staff negligence" in several respects. Most notably on how they told us it was fine for Felnin to play for us, and then at the last possible second revoke that decision and make a rather large game changing ruling that could completely change the placements on the podium. Keep in mind, staff said it was completely fine for us to have Felnin play, so what is there to talk about?

Are you saying that if you asked staff about a rule you thought you might break by performing an action, they specifically say it's not against the rules, you perform said action, then a couple months later you log-on to notice you're banned, that it would be perfectly fine?

And then again in regards to your last point, saying we should have just ignored staffs previous ruling and just not had him play doesn't make any sense. So saying it's a fault on both parts is just plain incorrect and has no basis in fact.

I've noticed a few people make that last argument and mention we outta be DQ'd. Which again, why would Obey be DQ'd, for listening to staff on a ruling? It's almost like that is absolutely absurd and again, makes no sense.

I'd recommend not posting on this thread if you're unaware of the situation or unwilling to look into it enough to make a coherent post regarding it.

I'm just waiting for a staff response at this point.
So much drama.

To me it's pretty simple.
Rule says:
•Anyone found to be in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished. This includes being in several accounts in one roster

So punish felnin, simple as that. Why punish obey.

It is not a clans fault on who they recruit since they dont have the tools to check for alts and whatnot. This is ES job that they failed.

Just delete this event and whole thread. It was a train wreck from the begining
Last edited by Insanity; Oct 8, 2018 at 09:15 AM.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
It’s not even felnins fault, his clan was disqualified, I asked two staff and they approved saying that the account 1chill1 would be disqualified and not heybans, I told this to felnin, it’s not felnins fault or obeys fault
Last edited by JoboMan; Oct 8, 2018 at 11:08 AM.
I apologise for this post.
Originally Posted by Cheshyre View Post
Going to basically only respond to Micah here and wait for a staff post, both because it's the only sort of response that exists and also because it's one of the good examples I can paste here that misses the point of the entire post.
----
Scarce evidence not being nonexistent is true, you have indeed grasped the definition. However, it isn't hard to see what I mean by that. Desolate received 0 points, and I found (as I said in my post) 2 posts, both incomplete regarding matches played. This creates a situation where the validity of the matches can be further taken into question, thus solidifying the point I was making. I won't explain any further I'm sure you get the idea now.

In regards to your second and third point, it is one of the examples where you miss the point.

I am not failing to acknowledge he played matches, as I mention it in my post. The matches were not counted, and so they have no effect on Clan League whatsoever. And because they have no effect on Clan League whatsoever I explain I find it odd that they are deciding to make a ruling that has a far bigger effect on the outcome of Clan League.

Which then segues into my next point, which you commented on in regards to the timing. First off, if you're insinuating that they would, after Clan League has been completed and the winner decided, then reset back to semi-finals to complete a few matches then re-do the entirety of finals because they found this kind of situation to be occurring, well, I'd have to say you might be wrong lol.

And if you wouldn't be wrong I'd have serious doubts whoever hosted that particular event would ever host such an event ever again. But anyways!

My point regarding it's too late has to do with "staff negligence" in several respects. Most notably on how they told us it was fine for Felnin to play for us, and then at the last possible second revoke that decision and make a rather large game changing ruling that could completely change the placements on the podium. Keep in mind, staff said it was completely fine for us to have Felnin play, so what is there to talk about?

Are you saying that if you asked staff about a rule you thought you might break by performing an action, they specifically say it's not against the rules, you perform said action, then a couple months later you log-on to notice you're banned, that it would be perfectly fine?

And then again in regards to your last point, saying we should have just ignored staffs previous ruling and just not had him play doesn't make any sense. So saying it's a fault on both parts is just plain incorrect and has no basis in fact.

I've noticed a few people make that last argument and mention we outta be DQ'd. Which again, why would Obey be DQ'd, for listening to staff on a ruling? It's almost like that is absolutely absurd and again, makes no sense.

I'd recommend not posting on this thread if you're unaware of the situation or unwilling to look into it enough to make a coherent post regarding it.

I'm just waiting for a staff response at this point.

1. What I'm saying is he played the matches, period all the evidence needed is right there. Whether they count or not comes second to that fact, if it were not so, CL would be over.
2. No that's not what i meant at all. If someone were to cheat, play through to the finals, and staff finds out they cheated after CL has concluded, the clan should either be DQ'ed or made to play again with a handicap. The example was for explanatory purposes.
3. If you ask a bad cop if you can shoot someone and he says yes, you shoot the someone and get arrested by a better cop, is it your fault for shooting the guy? or the bad cops fault for telling you it was okay even though you figured it wouldn't be in the first place, else you wouldn't have had to ask.
4. No basis of fact? Did you not know he had played matches for a different clan?
5. I'd recommend you pull your head out of your ass with that holier-than-thou bullshit

I do agree that staff's negligence is the main cause of the issue, no one is debating that point. But to think it is staffs fault entirely?(the only reason im even discussing this, besides wanting to argue because i enjoy it). -snip- that one was a little too mean uwu
Last edited by Micah; Oct 8, 2018 at 11:09 AM.
From now on this move shall be called '' a felnin ''
Still dont get why a clan should suffer from a thing like this. Its not like they had the means to check stuff like this.
Besides there are no clearly stated rules for things like this.
Its just unfair for somebody, anyway you look at it.
Only event this game has left ruined.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
stop being boring just argue dude throw an insult or something throw some shade