Ranking
Original Post
Compatibility with Windows 8
So, Im helping my friend get Toribash. He is running windows 8 on a dell laptop and anytime I run the install his computer claims the files are corrupted. Im assuming this is due to a compatibility issue with windows 8, considering my laptop (running windows 7) runs it just fine. Any advice on what might be wrong would be useful and anyone who has a similar problem I would be interested in how you fixed it.
Corrupted files = the files you have are corrupt. Nothing to do with compatibility; just means either your net connection cocked up the download, your drive's acting up & crapping up the files, or there's a virus lurking on your machine & it's cocking up the files.

The first being the most likely however.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Alright, I'm going to whip out the #1 issue solver. Did you try turning off and back on again?

Second thing, download the game on your computer running Windows 7 to a flash drive and then stick that into his computer and then install it from the flash drive. The files won't be corrupted now because his network isn't "cocking it up".
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.