Ranking
Original Post
Learn how to learn Toribash (Fighting)
Basically you are doing something instead of watching a video
(ill teach you how to do something in my video)

Why i am doing this some might ask?
I want to make at least a part of Toribash into a game i can enjoy.
Im tired of most toribash players, 80% of the time i ran into one dimensional beeings. They know what they are doing and are good at it but they can use only like 5% of their potential. While i live here as a fourth dimensional god, bored by your Lifts and double handed grabbing. Your only doing the same over and over again. A lot of you might be stronger then me. But you are as creative as a stick. You are like a guy who think he can cook but only uses what he learned from a book instead of experimenting. Get out of your comfort zone instead of bitching about how you dont like other stuff.
Im done.

Sorry if im to offensive for some people but im just saying what i thougt and experienced in this game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to give you an idea, im no good teacher.
If you want to be good you need a healthy mix of physical understanding, 3d imagination and experience.

I offer you some experience here:

1st: Movement

You just have to start a Game with -30 Gravity and get into different Positions.

Its like: Starting to move, slow it down, get into position and stay for a few frames. Then get back into an upright position and repeat.

Movement: balance, maximal movement range, flow

2nd: Focus and Sparring

Example is Aikido.tbm

Here is the second lessons, 2 in one kinda.

Look at how other people are playing. If you lost an match and have to wait dont switch to youtube or your anime or whatever is in the backround.
Just listen to some music relaxe and analyise what is happening. You dont have to understand it. You will automaticly. After some time.
I am not saying that you have to watch every game always. Just sometimes. It really teaches you something. Also it helps to correct the attention handycap which smartphones and instant information have caused.
(Also trying to understand different martial arts and their principles is very usefull. Aikido is what movement of the whole body belongs the most experienced.(in my opinion.))

Your next challenge is to just watch the gameplay ive uploaded down below. Take your time for it, see it like you are meditating. Just empty your mind and absorb.

What i did there is your second lesson today. Ive looked for a guy i felt comfortable playing with and asked him if he wanted to do some basic training with me.
I opened aikido.tbm, changed dojosize to very big. I just moved him at the beginning and he kinda absorbed it and just stayed on his feet.
The more we played the more serious it did get. We made fun and did shit. This is what sparring truly is. Not trying to do something cool. Just doing something mindlessly (in this case grappling) untill your good enough to make it look cool.

Here a big thanks for Jeff who was the best sparring partner ive ever had. All the hours <3

3rd: Get out there and gather your own experience

At this point you should be able to move yourself freely (not perfectly but at least in the direction you want to go) and you should be able to move your opponent how you want to.

Now its time to try out different mods, stay on the same mod for a few days, learn it. Then move to the next one and start again. Thats it. You will find a lot of Challenges if you want to.

Try to only defend yourself sometimes, then go on full attack. Just play and have fun.

4th: Chain Movements

When i say chain movements im talking not about a specific set of moves or a way of how to do it. But rather about you ability to prepare movements instead of executing them.

Ehm for an instant, if you punch. You have to put all your weight behind it to deliver a lot force but also to bring yourself out of ballance. Which makes you fall forward obviously. That would be ONE executet punch. You hit, then you have to reballance.

When you are working with Chain movements you are predicting the force coming from your punch and you try to work against it. You can do a simple step. Or you can do a kick to transfer the forward force into upwards force which you should put into your opponent. You also could do a weak first punch to prepare a second heavy one. In aikido you can grab instead of punching, then pull yourself into your enemy to deliver a heavy punch with your second move.

This is really one of the hardest things i have encountered in Toribash. You have to forget about your ghost and work with your imagination. You have to be precise otherwise you would miss and get instantly out of ballance. You have to use the right ankles when attacking otherwhise you would just lift youself upwards or push you backwards.

It should be your goal to be able to create an infite storm of never ending attacks. Always beeing able to manipulate your opponent while also beeing able to move yourself freely. And that over a periode of multiple rounds.

Now let my words settle in your mind and forget about everything else. Here is some gameplay where i tried to concentrate only on this.

Last: Think about techniques and your style

How you attack or defend yourself, which stances you use, in which kind you counterattack is all up to you. You can go by a specific fightstyle or you do what you like and you can mix that. There is no limit on how much you can learn only on how fast. So it might be sometimes better to stay with one thing for a while.
Attached Images
012.jpg (86.8 KB, 13 views)
013.jpg (89.8 KB, 11 views)
Last edited by WorldEater; Oct 28, 2017 at 09:09 AM.