ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
How many chin ups before a one armed chin up?
So I realize that two handed chin ups are different than one armed chin ups, and some people can do a one armed chin up after doing say 40 two armed and another couldnt even if they can do 60 regular chin ups.

But I just want to know, approximately how many two armed chin ups were you able to do before you were able to successfully do a one armed chin up?

And by chin up I do mean palms facing toward you, not away.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
one armed ones need alot more core strength and alot of it is down to posture and technique.
so it depends how the person has been training.

personally never done a one arm one(cant say iv tried, but i doubt id have done it) and even when i was fit and strong, i could never do more than 25-30 2 armed chin ups. dont have the build for it.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
one armed ones need alot more core strength and alot of it is down to posture and technique.
so it depends how the person has been training.

Yeah I realize that, I just want a general estimate.

I'm at 21 currently, and I can barely get myself like 2 inches lifted with my strong arm. Just want to know sort of like an average so I know how much to shoot for
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
if you looking to get stronger, go backwards, lower your reps, but do them explosively.
take your time between reps and hit each individual pull hard then a slow drop back down, work the resistance.

the slow resistance reps down to the bottom should give you time to focus on your posture and breathing, exhale explosively otw up and inhale slowly otw down, also keeps the muscles tense, preparing for the next explosive rep.

your fitness will keep up just fine if you keep a good routine and vary your excersize routine.
focus on a general area each day, doing your regular workout, but doing explosive reps on a different general area each day.
Last edited by BenDover; Mar 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
I´d say, try pyramid push ups before doing 1 armed.
dreamy suicide act
i did 2 one armed chin ups once, after doing 25 2 arm chin ups. then just got weak real fast lol
What I did to get this right was shifting my weight to one of my arms, using the other one as a training wheel. I think that I got the hang of it in under a month.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
You need alot of build to do a 1 armed chin-up. first you need to do chin-ups with out using your palm, then 4 fingers each hand, then 3 after you can do 2 fingered chin-ups you need to work on your chest and do penpendiculars, basically it takes a HELL of a time.
Originally Posted by chamara View Post
first you need to do chin-ups with out using your palm, then 4 fingers each hand, then 3 after you can do 2 fingered chin-ups

why on earth would you think you need to do that?
reducing the number of fingers only works your forearms, when the pulling action has nothing to do with his forarm, the only thing youd achieve by that is looking like an idiot swinging all over the place because you're not gripping anything

Originally Posted by chamara View Post
you need to work on your chest and do penpendiculars

wtf is a penpendicular?
whatever muscle you think it is, you need to work your whole upper body, biceps triceps shoulders back chest and core, not just the chest and "penpendiculars"
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
I'm at 21 currently, and I can barely get myself like 2 inches lifted with my strong arm. Just want to know sort of like an average so I know how much to shoot for

My record in chin ups is 32 and I barely got myself half way up.
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010