Toribash
BenDover sorry for the word "penpendiculars", stupid google translate sucks, sorry for the misunderstanding and the 2 fingered chin ups give your fingers more durability. You need your hands to be more powerful to do 1 handed chin ups cuz when you do chin ups with one hand, you mainly need balance on the arm you do it with. The only place that touches the ground is your palm, fingers and feet when you do 1 handed chin ups. Since you can't gain balance with your feet and palm, You have to use your fingers for the balance. 2 fingered chin ups work on your thumb (which is perfect to maintain balance at your 1 handed chin ups) and your forefinger(<<< this word can be wrong, if it is the right word could be index finger) which helps you alot to gain balance in your 1 handed chin ups. If you guys want a tut on 1 handed chin ups, i can make one ;)
Last edited by chamara; Mar 15, 2012 at 02:14 AM.
This is the best progression to doing 1 handed pullups.
From Convict Conditioning
Yeah I've been doing the assisted pull ups for about 2 weeks now, i know the progression and all. Just wanted to know if there might be a small correlation between two handed pull ups and one handed pull ups
-----
though to be fair, I can do the 2x5 assisted one armed pull ups (#9) but I can't do one 1/2 arm pull up
Last edited by 2worlds; Mar 15, 2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Fuckin working out.
When I was heavily into martial arts (4 nights a week, 2 sessions a night), after 5 years, I was able to kick (with power) much higher than my head and easily accomplish about 20-30 one armed push ups in quick succession.
I have withered away now, but I could do one armed chin ups as well. Two hands were definitely easier and they never contributed to how much harder one arm was. Was always just difficult haha.
You get what I'm getting at.
lol
a few things on technique
http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/51

Originally Posted by chamara View Post
the 2 fingered chin ups give your fingers more durability. You need your hands to be more powerful to do 1 handed chin ups cuz when you do chin ups with one hand, you mainly need balance on the arm you do it with. The only place that touches the ground is your palm, fingers and feet when you do 1 handed chin ups. Since you can't gain balance with your feet and palm, You have to use your fingers for the balance. 2 fingered chin ups work on your thumb (which is perfect to maintain balance at your 1 handed chin ups) and your forefinger(<<< this word can be wrong, if it is the right word could be index finger) which helps you alot to gain balance in your 1 handed chin ups. If you guys want a tut on 1 handed chin ups, i can make one ;)

if you're not strong enough to hold the bar, then you shouldnt be attempting one armed pull ups in the first place.
the hand has nothing to do with balance, or holding yourself steady, its down to your forarm, core strength and technique/posture.
2 fingered pullups etc are used by mountain climbers for grip, not balance
and in terms of hand strength, i present to you, the normal method:
Last edited by BenDover; Mar 15, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Ive already checked out beastskills, I love that website.
I'm pretty sure my grip is strong enough though. I don't have any of those grip strength testing thingies but I think I have the grip, I'm just lacking the strength.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ