Ranking
Original Post
Matchmaking feedback thread
With 5.0 we've added a new matchmaking feature for more competitive play. The system is still very much in development and I'd like to get community feedback on how we can make it better.

Here are a couple categories of things that have been brought up, to get the conversation started (Feel free to add new things, though):
  • Season length - currently set to 1 month, suggested 3
  • # of games played - currently BO3
  • Calculating global/category rank - currently elo is by mods and I think global rank is an average
  • Appropriate penalty for leaving matchmaking games

Below I'll try to compile the suggestions I receive:
  • Custom win/loss icons (In place of the current x/o)
  • Change selection icons to empty square / checkbox
  • Match history
  • Better notification/confirmation for matchmake

Known issues:
  • Elo penalty is applied to both users - should be fixed in next patch
  • Some users reporting that matchmaking isn't properly connecting them to a private room, instead moving them to a lobby with multiple players queued
  • Matchmaking seems to be selecting grappling regardless of category(s) selected
  • Matchmaking is not pausing while playing a fight
  • Matchmaking sometimes skips replay and goes straight to next fight
  • Grab status persisting between matchmaking fights, even if mod changes to one without grab
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 29, 2016 at 07:44 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
You should make it so that weak players (bellow brown belt) cant participate ranked matchmaking. I was able to grind rank 20 by beating blue belts. Also, a lot of times I get the same opponent more than once because there are little players matchmaking.
Originally Posted by Br4sk View Post
You should make it so that weak players (bellow brown belt) cant participate ranked matchmaking. I was able to grind rank 20 by beating blue belts. Also, a lot of times I get the same opponent more than once because there are little players matchmaking.

they had it once before where you had to have a certain elo, not sure if that is still in effect since I haven't played in a while
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.
Hey guys,

Sorry for not really being on top of this thread the past week or so, I've had a number of things going on. So 5.01 should be coming soon and it should fix a few things:
  • The quit penalty display issue should be fixed. Quitting a matchmaking match will penalize a minimum of 1.0 elo, up to double the loss penalty (e.g. if you would have lost 5 elo for losing, you will be penalized 10 elo for quitting)
  • Matchmaking search should pause properly while you're playing a game in a different server
  • Matchmaking categories should now function properly

The web UI for matchmaking categories/mods is still in development, so unfortunately questions about changing mods are still on hold.

Originally Posted by Br4sk View Post

I think that's a good idea but it may warrant a little more discussion before implementation. I've added it to my list, however.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Is it still where if you lose to a lower belt, your elo lowers a lot or is that gone. Sorry if that was a dumb question haven't been in-game in quite sometime
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.