Toribash
Original Post
[WET] Runs

Wow. Fast food.
You've just gotten home from Taco bell, You are not feeling so hot.
You feel like you might not make it. Well....race home by competing in a lovely new mod made by
our team. Can you Survive on our turf? Can you race back in time.
We want to see if you can compete, but you'll complete this parkour mod like you've got the runs.
As fast as possible. But are you sure you got the best skills? The Fastest and most agile?
Creativity and Imagination?
Well sign up here and compete In our parkour Replay competition

-Fastest to complete a lap and touch ukes head
-The Most Creative Replay Wins additional Prize
-Work or incorporate Uke in the most creative way for a chance to win extra St(D)

-No Cheating of course try to keep it legit
-keep Gravity -30
-Must be replay in the mod attached
-Timer Does not matter in Creative Run
-Do not alter or change speed of replay
-2 Replays max. One for Speed Run and One for Creative Run
-Jumping Backwards does not count for Speed run
-Solo Run only for Speed. You may include another person in Creative run. But prize will only be awarded to whomever submitted
-Must stay on track. No crossing, No avoiding. We will contact you if we feel you May have cheated.

-Do a circuit/lap/loop from where your facing.
-Do not do the track backwards.
-Don't jump down and backwards at the start.
-"Complete a lap your own way with out using middle pad."

Speed Run

Creative Run

1st place speed run: 100k tc (or more Depending pot size)
Full Mecha Arms L and R
http://forum.toribash.com/tori_item.php?invid=5002669

3 ST (deprecated) Can be used in our Current and more upcoming Discord Shop. More info On this in Future.

1st Place Creative run: 25k + 1 st (Deprecated)

-264Axel
-BloodRec
-LordGaara
-Hecate
-ShhhMikes

I have downloaded The mod, I have read the rules and understand.
I have sent 5k to WETBank. Gmt.

-When posting replays, Please Spoiler your replays into speed run and Creative.*
-Post a title and when it was created. What frame you believe you completed the run on. *
-Maybe an explanation of your creative run if necessary.

Good Luck!
MOD BEING REDONE DUE TO CONFUSING RULES. may use practice one.
Mod made by 264Axel including banner.
Gif created by Cheshyre
Attached Files
WET_Parkour.tbm (15.2 KB, 94 views)
Last edited by Mikes; May 20, 2017 at 03:56 AM.
"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White
Originally Posted by ShhhMikes View Post
Or you could read the rules our mod maker just posted

I did, but they're essentially identical to the other rules previously stated. I'm not trying to be a troll, I promise. Quite the opposite. The rules are as clear as they can be with the map given.
However... the essence of a speedrun is to cut every available corner, and while the rules state we "must pass over all of the mod" in order to qualify, some replays already submitted have been judged to be acceptable even though they clearly do not actually pass over all of the mod, as a simple example.
Clarity could be holistically established with actual physical barriers in the mod itself rather than the unclear format of rules, judgement, and perception.
Originally Posted by SirCBeard View Post
I did, but they're essentially identical to the other rules previously stated. I'm not trying to be a troll, I promise. Quite the opposite. The rules are as clear as they can be with the map given.
However... the essence of a speedrun is to cut every available corner, and while the rules state we "must pass over all of the mod" in order to qualify, some replays already submitted have been judged to be acceptable even though they clearly do not actually pass over all of the mod, as a simple example.
Clarity could be holistically established with actual physical barriers in the mod itself rather than the unclear format of rules, judgement, and perception.

This would involve a revamp of the mod. but this is obviously harder to explain rules than to redo the actual mod itself.
Originally Posted by ShhhMikes View Post
This would involve a revamp of the mod. but this is obviously harder to explain rules than to redo the actual mod itself.

I'm just trying to give the best constructive criticism I can muster. At the end of the day, I'm just a pleb who just got into the game a few weeks ago with three toribash forum posts (including this one) to my name. If the event hosts decide to run it one way, it doesn't matter if I see things the other way.
I do hope that my two cents is remembered if you host future events that include a speedrun, though. It would probably help to have a "beta test group" try it out before you run the contest live so you could forsee possible shortcuts that aren't allowed before people exploit them to shave off some frames.
Hey true. We did have a few people run through it. Thanks. I can take criticism if its given like this.
Not like I'm stabbing you lol.
But yea in future this is a learning lesson. Need to make mistakes to learn sometimes right?
who chose red for this banner? seems alot simpler to just use black
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
hey
not an entry but i did like doing the mod to where i got

got some vaulting practice in even though i quit this game
might finish the mod later but idk
Kudos!
Attached Files
kaytranada.rpl (411.8 KB, 10 views)
Resubmitting mod ASAP. Sorry for Delay.