Toribash
Original Post
Matchmaking feedback thread
With 5.0 we've added a new matchmaking feature for more competitive play. The system is still very much in development and I'd like to get community feedback on how we can make it better.

Here are a couple categories of things that have been brought up, to get the conversation started (Feel free to add new things, though):
  • Season length - currently set to 1 month, suggested 3
  • # of games played - currently BO3
  • Calculating global/category rank - currently elo is by mods and I think global rank is an average
  • Appropriate penalty for leaving matchmaking games

Below I'll try to compile the suggestions I receive:
  • Custom win/loss icons (In place of the current x/o)
  • Change selection icons to empty square / checkbox
  • Match history
  • Better notification/confirmation for matchmake

Known issues:
  • Elo penalty is applied to both users - should be fixed in next patch
  • Some users reporting that matchmaking isn't properly connecting them to a private room, instead moving them to a lobby with multiple players queued
  • Matchmaking seems to be selecting grappling regardless of category(s) selected
  • Matchmaking is not pausing while playing a fight
  • Matchmaking sometimes skips replay and goes straight to next fight
  • Grab status persisting between matchmaking fights, even if mod changes to one without grab
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 29, 2016 at 07:44 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by snake View Post
nope, to decrease rank farming the quiter should recieve rank penalty, while the guy ingame should recieve nothing

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
This. Snake is right, if you leave during your match, you deserve an ELO penalty. If you're up against someone who leaves, you shouldn't be awarded anything. That will encourage farming.

Sounds like this is how it currently works. The both players being penalized thing is apparently just a display bug, which should be fixed in the next patch. It sounds like the patch should also double the penalty for quitting.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
B&B&B&
Would be nice to be able to /sa and see the people currently in matchmaking.
Even if you can't join and play, I'd personally enjoy watching my mates fight, or just seeing that they're online and playing/practicing.
PM me with any and all questions
So has there been any discussion on the mods among staff?
You even have an event launch in like2 days, which has kickboxing in it.
Last edited by cowmeat; Mar 14, 2016 at 12:00 PM.
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
This. Snake is right, if you leave during your match, you deserve an ELO penalty. If you're up against someone who leaves, you shouldn't be awarded anything. That will encourage farming.

And Scorpio is right: belt is completely irrelevant.

Is this really relevant in matchmaking though? You can't ensure that you'll get the same opponent multiple times in matchmaking as opposed to ranked servers.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
So has there been any discussion on the mods among staff?
You even have an event launch in like2 days, which has kickboxing in it.

Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
At the moment, changing of the modlist is by dev only, but there's a UI on the way to let us change it. As soon as that comes out we'll definitely have more discussion on adjusting the modlist.

A discussion will happen once we've got easy access/ability to change the list, I promise, but at the moment my main priority is getting the big issues sorted.

B&B&B&
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Is this really relevant in matchmaking though? You can't ensure that you'll get the same opponent multiple times in matchmaking as opposed to ranked servers.

Although a good point, due to the size of the toribash community is is common to match with the same player 4 times and sometimes more in a row. If you search at the same time with the same mods it is likely you will be matched
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
nope, to decrease rank farming the quiter should recieve rank penalty, while the guy ingame should recieve nothing

ELO penalty should be much bigger
like 3 or 4 to prevent farming.
Usually when u loose a match u loose 1+ elo so it's more conveniant to leave the match in order to loose less elo.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Just make it so that when you leave you lose the amount that you would've lost upon defeat.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't know if this was brought up already, but I just played my first matchmaking match (downloaded 5.0 today), grappling category and the mod of the tie-breaker game was sumore_v.tbm. The thing is, sumore_v.tbm wasn't in my "mods" folder, so I got the "unable to load mod" message and played a glitched match (still won ).

Please, make an update to include all of the mods from all of the Matchmaking categories in the default "mods" folder, so that doesn't happen to other players.
-
Also, can anyone please give/link me a list of the mods used in Matchmaking?
-
Apparently, if you leave the chat open after the match has ended, the game glitches and the GUI doesn't show up.

example

Last edited by Arctic; Mar 16, 2016 at 03:11 AM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
actually there is a problem happened to me 2 times today(forgot to screenshot,damnit).
if one player has won the first match and the other player the other,after the "skip" happens(in grappling) to the mod change to sumore,however there is no grab on it,but after that skip happened to the grab happens(i got selfgrabbing because of it).
can fix that?
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592