ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Special Servers?
No. That's unfair.
32 Votes / 54.24%
Yes, in the registration variety.
28 Votes / 47.46%
Yes, in the large number of textures variety.
5 Votes / 8.47%
Yes, in the toribooster subscriber variety.
4 Votes / 6.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Yea, theres allot more nubs and assholes now but just gotta deal with it, cus now we gots more peeps and that means more $ for hampa and them.

Hampus can still get all the same amount of money. It's jsuta barrier I'm looking for. I'm sure most of the money goes towards server costs (oh god server costs T_T) but this is necessary to keep people interested. If newbs dont get pwnt by ancients they stay. If ancients don't have to deal with assholes they stay. Win/Win.
Forum Posting Leader of UkeDemon 4th Dan Black Belt
<C0XY> i wrote a artical for the torinews... im proud
<m0om> <O >
* Cevius[Work] has kicked Cevius[Work] from #toribash (<O>==============================O))))))) [BANLAZORED])
<m0om> <O>
You are not that nice of a person hitman
yes you are mean v
Last edited by Squid; Feb 19, 2008 at 02:21 AM.
Squid.
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
You are not that nice of a person hitman

^
| Disregarded as useless spam. Have a nice day.
<m0om> <O >
* Cevius[Work] has kicked Cevius[Work] from #toribash (<O>==============================O))))))) [BANLAZORED])
<m0om> <O>
Anastiesik: I doubt a higherup will blow this out of the water. You know why? Because its a good idea. I understand where you are coming from, but theres no way to filter out the desirable new members from the huddles masses of n00bz0rz. We could have servers that require you to own a texture or two. That might help.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Anastiesik: I doubt a higherup will blow this out of the water. You know why? Because its a good idea. I understand where you are coming from, but theres no way to filter out the desirable new members from the huddles masses of n00bz0rz. We could have servers that require you to own a texture or two. That might help.

The texture thing would DEFINITELY filter out lesser peoples. Anything that distinguishes the truly dedicated and the trolls.
<m0om> <O >
<m0om> <O>
The texture idea sounds great -- i'm still a bit n00b so i wouldnt be playing in those servers for a while, but i'd like to think that when i get better there are "higher class" servers .
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
The texture thing would DEFINITELY filter out lesser peoples. Anything that distinguishes the truly dedicated and the trolls.

i do like the idea of reg servers but i don't like the textures because some old users don't play as much and might not have very many TC to get the textures
*Lurking about*
Originally Posted by chumpy View Post
i do like the idea of reg servers but i don't like the textures because some old users don't play as much and might not have very many TC to get the textures

I agree with chumpy.

Lately I've been losing interest due to the nub overload. Oldschoolers were promised a special item.... why cant nabi also include a server where anybody who regged before OCT 2006 can join? This will both filter newbs out, and allow broke oldschoolers like myself to join.
textures only relate to how much $ they spent. In general $ spent doesn't always correlate with good, dedicated players.
Usually # of games played can indicate this, but some newbies really just play a lot because they have no lives, and some great people just don't play many games.
So, what we're looking for is something that can make that distinction. Iunno. I can't think of any single one thing that can.

BUT, maybe let's take this back another step. You're complaining about people acting stupid. Do they do this with their tori characters when fighting? No, they do it by opening their mouths. So the simplest solution is /ignore. Seriously. Just add another file with a list of ignored people and reference that to block messages.
If the noobs really want to blabber and use /em to talk, well, they'll probably just get their asses kicked so fast you don't have to deal with it until next time their fighting. And when they lose that attention inbetween, they'll just stop. I don't think they would stick around for 8 people to go through que just to curse you out for a minute then lose.
Originally Posted by FNugget View Post
textures only relate to how much $ they spent. In general $ spent doesn't always correlate with good, dedicated players.
Usually # of games played can indicate this, but some newbies really just play a lot because they have no lives, and some great people just don't play many games.
So, what we're looking for is something that can make that distinction. Iunno. I can't think of any single one thing that can.

BUT, maybe let's take this back another step. You're complaining about people acting stupid. Do they do this with their tori characters when fighting? No, they do it by opening their mouths. So the simplest solution is /ignore. Seriously. Just add another file with a list of ignored people and reference that to block messages.
If the noobs really want to blabber and use /em to talk, well, they'll probably just get their asses kicked so fast you don't have to deal with it until next time their fighting. And when they lose that attention inbetween, they'll just stop. I don't think they would stick around for 8 people to go through que just to curse you out for a minute then lose.

well there's a very good point. 8 people to go through. That in itself can be avoided with reg servers. I don't know how long you've been around but back in the day there was 3 beginner servers unregistered people could join and the rest like 15 or so were for registered people. Also to filter out DEDICATED players; SUBSCRIPTION like I suggested before. Other than that the ignore point seems valid enough but it has loopholes.
<m0om> <O >
<m0om> <O>