ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Special Servers?
No. That's unfair.
32 Votes / 54.24%
Yes, in the registration variety.
28 Votes / 47.46%
Yes, in the large number of textures variety.
5 Votes / 8.47%
Yes, in the toribooster subscriber variety.
4 Votes / 6.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Hmmm, did Clbck edit his post? If not which post was he referring to? But Qegola mentioned having extra server at the price of the regged reward. This is something that I cannot get behind. From what the rumors say, we are either getting some awesome exclusive joints, or we get a secret item. Both of those are extremely appealing to me. I like secret and exclusive stuff.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
The game will never cost money to play again, Toribash runs off those who buy all the little delightful add ons like boosters or tc

by making the game free more ppl joined the community which means more ppl who can buy those add ons and in the end the game makes a tiny bit more profit
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Hmmm, did Clbck edit his post? If not which post was he referring to? But Qegola mentioned having extra server at the price of the regged reward. This is something that I cannot get behind. From what the rumors say, we are either getting some awesome exclusive joints, or we get a secret item. Both of those are extremely appealing to me. I like secret and exclusive stuff.

I was referring to these:
Originally Posted by RbLcK View Post
This is exactly the point that you guys are missing. We are getting more and more people to join the community since 3.0 came out, and while many of them are hyperactive 10 year-olds, there are just as many mature people among them. However, you guys discriminate against them because they didn't pay for the game, they can't anymore, so why do you do this? Why should people who care about the game be left out just because they started playing later than you?

Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
You're suggesting stratifying the server system to match with supposed intelligence? Since when did intelligence have any sort of link to money, and buying the game? While I can partially appreciate your point of view - these players do irritate me on a regular basis. But at the heart of it, Toribash - and, indeed, any of Nabi's games – is a business product. By stratifying the system in such a manner, you're not only limiting potential capital and subsequent profit, but you're also - as I stated - pandering to elitism.

Granted, with a means of creating your own servers this problem could theoretically be solved - members with such so-called "intelligence" could create their servers and have their tea parties and tender breakfasts there - but that hope is broken now, as the server-creating application will probably never be released to the public again.

By limiting servers by registration keys as was done in the past... well, I do partially support the idea, but RbLcK's point stands true. The idea of limiting server access by ToriBooster subscriptions is a marginally better concept, but the new credits/items system that Boosters concern has rendered the necessity of limiting server access obsolete anyway, and with the game as a freeware product, mass numbers of members are joining - which, you obviously might tell me, is the root of the problem - but greater numbers of members equals a greater number of members buying ToriBoosters, ergo more profit than was being created in the first place. Nabi has no need to do this, and, hopefully, they are intelligent enough to understand that open servers are earning them more money.

In short, if access to servers was limited to those who paid - by any means, removed or no - less members would join, and then less members would be paying Nabi money to fund future projects or earn them profit. Nabi has discovered a better means of making money, and so have no need to return to their previous methods of doing so.

So everyone who spent $20 once to get the fullversion should be able and people who spent far more on credits/boosters/... shouldn't be allowed to join these servers?
The only 'fair' thing you could do is set a limit on how much you spent for the game. Like paid >$20 server. And that's just stupid in my opinion.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Since mods obviously have no sense in nostalgic pride I'm requesting a thread lock. Flame war this thread shall not be remembered for.
EDIT: I don't have to "admit" to some new members being good quality players because facts don't have to be admitted. Only opinions do.
I never said the game itself would have to cost money.
I never said your IQ was 20 (i said it was 20 if you took an internet iq test)
Last edited by hitman; Feb 22, 2008 at 09:18 AM.
Forum Posting Leader of UkeDemon 4th Dan Black Belt
<C0XY> i wrote a artical for the torinews... im proud
<m0om> <O >
* Cevius[Work] has kicked Cevius[Work] from #toribash (<O>==============================O))))))) [BANLAZORED])
<m0om> <O>
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
Flame war

Oookaayy...Since when did this thread turn into a flame war?
hitman, request approved.

Also, we don't lack 'nostalgic pride'. Its simply we have the sense to know what we might want isn't always the best idea.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.