Toribash
Original Post
Was Jesus Christ white?
Yeah, thats what I want us all to debate, in a serious and mature way. Childish stuff is not welcome.
Was Jesus Christ white?

Also, apart from the pale skin... Did he had blue eyes and blond hair like we usually see portrayed in modern art (which became dominant around 500 years ago).
Consider his birthplace, the middle east, and how middle easterners looked (and look) like, specially 2000 years ago, before the multicultural boom and the social emancipation towards the interracial marriage.

Use decent arguments. Quote the bible if needed, and just show us all a plausible reason on what makes Jesus Christ white or non-white.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
He was born in the middle east so we must be serious. He must have had olive skin or something. And, about the blue eyes, when I picture him with olive skin, I also picture him with hazel or brown eyes.
Death fears those who wear the badge...
Originally Posted by Zackerie View Post
Is this really a serious topic?

As serious as religious foundations are.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Yes, I am.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
-U.S. Army Training Notice
*breaks door*
Slim chance.

He's got a little make-over to appeal more to European worshipers.

Either way, i don't care much.
Well, I know that Christianity was dominant in the early Roman empire and Byzantine and those places. They probably modified his skin color to their liking, being a pale race. Not surprising.

As for him actually being white, it's all speculation. I would guess no.