Toribash
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
If you have cis-hetero-penis-in-vagina sex then the woman might get pregnant.

Hyde is saying that by having sex knowing full well that pregnancy is possible, then you should accept the consequences.

But why, when the consequences are not inevitable? If you've stood in the sun until you get skin cancer, do we prevent treatment because you should just accept the consequences? If you drive without a seat belt and sustain injury in a car accident, should we refrain from saving your life since you could have predictably avoided harm?

There's an underlying assumption to your reasoning that the fetus is fully human and should be given the full consideration of any other human, but why that would be so has not been cogently argued.
1) Please stay on topic. I'd like to remind that you are discussing matter specified in OP, not fighting against each other. Keep personal grudges outside.
2) Please do not neglect other posters arguments just because you don't like them. If you find their explanation insufficient, you are free to ask for clearing it up. Note that "insufficient" word doesn't cover responses simply not meeting your expectations (nobody is obliged to meet your expectations with their responses and it doesn't make your claims to keep rewording it untill you accept them valid). It is clearly happening in this thread.
3) Report button serves a specific purpose of reporting posts which directly or indirectly violate rules. It's not for asking smod to deprecate person who has different point of view than you. Please keep it in mind before your press "report" button next time, as its improper usage may result in infractions.
4) If you don't like points which other debater made, ignore him. You are free to disagree and provide valuable arguments oposing his words, but please, at least try to be polite. If you can't- then refrain from posting.
Last edited by Thrandir; Jul 21, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
Originally Posted by cigarillo View Post
you realize people have sex for pleasure right? if you have sex for pleasure you ARE NOT looking to have a child.

it seems like this contract is based off sex meant to create a child.

And you have sex understanding that there is a possibility of accidentally conceiving life. The reproductive system, at it's core, is not there for you to bust a nut for 10 seconds of pleasure (male perspective, mind you). It is there to, idk, reproduce? The contract is to prevent women from going homeless or in poverty, because a man came in her and then decided its not his fault.
Originally Posted by Clbck View Post
But why, when the consequences are not inevitable? If you've stood in the sun until you get skin cancer, do we prevent treatment because you should just accept the consequences? If you drive without a seat belt and sustain injury in a car accident, should we refrain from saving your life since you could have predictably avoided harm?

There's an underlying assumption to your reasoning that the fetus is fully human and should be given the full consideration of any other human, but why that would be so has not been cogently argued.

Both of these things imply that the person doing it is a fucking idiot.Its YOUR fault you stood in the sun, its YOUR fault you didn't have a seatbelt on, and likewise its YOUR fault for not taking the precautions in getting someone/yourself pregnant. And, like there are solution to your other fuck ups, there are abortions. And I would like for us to consider how much better this is compared to how we use to handle unwanted births, or even how nature deals with its weaker link children.

And that is just fucking leaving them.

So really, doing this to something that is not quiet define as living, (there are a lot of debates on when a fetus should be given the right to live, see here ) is probably the best way to go.

------------------------------------------------------------
If this post doesn't meet you criteria Thrandir, I'd like to note I made it prior to your post, but didn't finish until you where done. I will gladly change anything you don't like.
Last edited by RAWWRH; Jul 21, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Clbck View Post
Edit: And I should add, I see this as more of a public health discussion than anything else. The title question is "Should abortion be illegal?" and the answer to that question is a resounding "no".

I completely agree, but there's also another side to this past the legality of it.

Abortion as you're already fully aware is not something anyone really wants to do, no one wants to be in the situation where they have to get an abortion. It isn't pleasant, for neither the woman or the doctor. I am all for abortion being legal, but I think we have to work towards lowering the number of abortions per year by 90%+ for the sake of everyone. I do not disagree that it is a woman's choice whether or not she wants an abortion, I just think that the choice shouldn't exist in the first place to avoid making it. It isn't an easy decision to make either, it is very hard for someone to decide to have an abortion.

It would be ideal to have a minimal amount of abortions a year, and I'm not saying all pregnancies should be carried out, I'm saying there should be less pregnancies to begin with. In a perfect world, there would be no abortions. In an ideal world, there would be minimal abortions because accidents and crimes do still happen. In the real world, there are a lot more than there should be due to a severe lack of education and other reasons. I mean c'mon, have you seen how expensive decent condoms or other forms of birth control are? There should ideally be 3 choices: Don't have sex, have casual sex but use the best protection available, and

dank maymays included

. With that ideal, abortions would only come from A. rape, and B. failure of birth control, which would be completely minimal in contrast to what happens now.
Last edited by Hyde; Jul 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM.
Hoss.
Im so late but,I dont think that Abortion would be a good idea.
You're actually killing a baby but not developed...
May accidents cause this...or Crimes
Running away...
I just got here, but hey I'm ready to get hated on.
As a rather preferentially adventurous male myself, I understand the consequences of the places of explore. I will willingly accept a child if I am foolish enough to create one on accident. It IS my fault. As such, I feel abortion should be legal for my partner, as it isn't their fault that I am not in control of my genitals enough to prevent pregnancy.

Now I raise you one more question.
Should forced castration of cis-males be legalized for being dumb enough to run off on their own mistakes without the consideration of the backlash it may cause? That, in my opinion, is the real issue. If men were all trustworthy, honest, and safe, abortion wouldn't even have to be a thing.

This may offend quite a few of you, as I did indeed fire quite a few shots, but please stick to the forum rules. I don't want to report any of you.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
I just got here, but hey I'm ready to get hated on.
As a rather preferentially adventurous male myself, I understand the consequences of the places of explore. I will willingly accept a child if I am foolish enough to create one on accident. It IS my fault. As such, I feel abortion should be legal for my partner, as it isn't their fault that I am not in control of my genitals enough to prevent pregnancy.

Now I raise you one more question.
Should forced castration of cis-males be legalized for being dumb enough to run off on their own mistakes without the consideration of the backlash it may cause? That, in my opinion, is the real issue. If men were all trustworthy, honest, and safe, abortion wouldn't even have to be a thing.

This may offend quite a few of you, as I did indeed fire quite a few shots, but please stick to the forum rules. I don't want to report any of you.

Yeah,if it is an accident it can be legal,but not apreciated by the opposite of the abortion
Running away...
Little late but think about this > A woman gets raped. The woman doesn't want a baby nor wants a baby to have a father of a rapist. So what is the woman going to do.... get an abortion. Once you have a baby your whole life is changed you have to deal with a little human that wines shits his/her's pants all day, eats and go to sleep. Baby's can be a loving experience, trust me I have baby brother who I love. Back on topic would you want a baby from a gross rapist?... I didn't think so.

~Epic81
Yeah Boi is my favorite anime opening
Originally Posted by Epic81 View Post
Little late but think about this > A woman gets raped. The woman doesn't want a baby nor wants a baby to have a father of a rapist. So what is the woman going to do.... get an abortion. Once you have a baby your whole life is changed you have to deal with a little human that wines shits his/her's pants all day, eats and go to sleep. Baby's can be a loving experience, trust me I have baby brother who I love. Back on topic would you want a baby from a gross rapist?... I didn't think so.

~Epic81

So to be clear... that's a yes to it being legal?
I think I might be retired.
Also, wanted to point a few things out to people saying "abortion = taking a life = murder and therefore should be illegal because murder is illegal". That's a rather simple shortcut.

When someone gets killed by another person, the dead person doesn't give two craps afterward, "sacred life" doesn't give two craps, but the mourning family, friends and people who were close from the dead person do give craps... they cry, they rage, they hurt, retaliations can ensue, and the murderer represents a danger as he could do it again, which is dangerous for society and other people... Therefor it's illegal and punished by the Law.

When you have an abortion, you prevent an unwanted life no one cares about. No one rages, cries or hurts, maybe the mom because it's not a comfortable process but she chose to. It doesn't have the same social repercussion a murder would have, therefor it's legal.

Saying "no one has the right to decide who lives and dies" as an arugement against abortion isn't very judicious either, even more considering a lot of people guilty of murder, in a lot of countries, will be sentenced to death by a jury made of random people like you and me.

That's why murder is illegal and handled by "impartial" justice, and abortion isn't. And that's why it should stay that way and you shouldn't mind what's happening in other people's womb.