Toribash
Original Post
My first POV-ray
let me know what you think
Last edited by hyperviper; Apr 12, 2008 at 09:05 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Render © Nerfnow: Website
Re: My first POV-ray
Screenshot's nice, but it lacks quality.
<ducky> The game.
<siku> ducky: i didnt know this was 2005 and 4chan
<siku> sorry, i hate the game and you should shut the fuck up about that retarded bullshit
<siku> you should link us to awesome and edgy motivational pics next or maybe pedobear
<siku> inb4 rep needs toriprime or vip lmao rofl that /b/ is grate
<siku> is this the part where you educate me on memes, further showcasing your amazing 4chan findings
<siku> word x is a meme lmao rofl
<+veb> someone make ducky smod
i know im having problems with that...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Render © Nerfnow: Website
Try saving it as .png instead of .jpeg/.jpg.
<ducky> The game.
<siku> ducky: i didnt know this was 2005 and 4chan
<siku> sorry, i hate the game and you should shut the fuck up about that retarded bullshit
<siku> you should link us to awesome and edgy motivational pics next or maybe pedobear
<siku> inb4 rep needs toriprime or vip lmao rofl that /b/ is grate
<siku> is this the part where you educate me on memes, further showcasing your amazing 4chan findings
<siku> word x is a meme lmao rofl
<+veb> someone make ducky smod
Try saving it as .jpg instead of just renaming it to .jpg :
HIYAAAAAAaaa FACEKICK IN YOUR FACE....... Nah i'm just kidding
Alrighty then, time for some constructive critiscism.

First of all, not bad for your first. So how can you improve? Here's how:
1. Don't be afraid to render at higher resolutions with anti-aliasing. It may take longer, but it will look much better.
2. If saving it as a jpg, don't do so from Paint! Get Photoshop, or if you're skint, GIMP which is just as good, and save it as a high quality jpg with floating point compression method. That way, it shouldn't be too big and picture quality is preserved.
3. When taking the screenshot, take your time to review the replay a frame at a time, examining it from every angle until you find the right angle and an impressive, clear view of the 'damage'.
4. Plus, don't be afraid to try out the different .inc files provided in the raytrace folder, or if you feel adventorous, mix the code around from other .inc files into one (be sure to make a backup IF you are modifying one) and see what it comes up with.

Take into account all these points, and you will get much better. Plus, doing post-work on your renders can help with the overall look and quality. Hope I helped ;)