Ranking
Original Post
Clan League 2018

It's finally here! sorry! Gather your clan mates, wake up the inactive and get ready for Clan League 2018!
Time is now for your clan to rise up and usurp the belt from Alpha.
Will the conquest of Alpha be over? Or will they reign victorious for another year?

Rules for participation are as follows:

•Anyone found to be in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished. This includes being in several accounts in one roster
•Failure to organise matches will result in disqualification for both clans, unless one clan has been shown to be making more effort.*
•Reporting match scores should include the score clearly, a list of participants and all replays.

*Not including group phase*

This year we're doing a dual phase tournament, this means a group stage and a final stage.

Within your groups you will do a round robin, fighting each clan twice.
The top two clans per group will advance to the final stage, except for the two clans with the least points.
This brings 27 clans down to 16 for the final knockout stage.
The final stage will be a standard single elimination, with a reverse gradient seed (eg starting with 1st vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th, 3rd vs 14th and so on.)

The rules for the quarter finals phase are as follows:
  • A single player can play no more than 3 different modes.
  • A single player can play no more than 5 matches in total.
  • A single player can play no more than 3 matches per mod.
  • Deadline for the quarter finals will be October 7th.
  • 5 Different modes, 5 matches each round, best of 25 (or first to 13).

Modes:

Lenshu3ng.tbm
Taekkyon.tbm
judofrac.tbm
aikidobigdojo.tbm
boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm

Group stage matches

Positionings (greyed out teams are disqualified)

== Won by Alpha ==
•Your clan's own custom 3D item made by our item forgers*
•A clan achievement trophy
•A year of Toriprime and wibbles*
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items and packs)
•12 Shiai Tokens*
•400,000 Toricredits

== Won by Obey ==
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items and packs)
•6 months Toriprime and wibbles*
•6 Shiai tokens*
•200,000 Toricredits

== Won by Undead ==
•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items, packs, elite tier items and misc textures)
•3 Shiai Tokens*
•100,000 Toricredits

*Items marked with an asterisk are given to each member of a clan*
To qualify for prizes you must have played at least 3 games.

We recommend you use discord to organise your matches, you can find a link to the official toribash server here
Feel free to organise matches in your own servers, or however you see fit.

Last edited by sir; Oct 11, 2018 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Finals
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
I like the CL so far and appreciate the effort Neko and other people are putting into it.

And I agree with Shmevin and Ponzo. You are accomplishing nothing good with your whining, only spoiling it for yourself and everyone else.

its a good format on paper but when actually used it just simply doesn't work
yeah, usually hype surrounds clan league as it's the biggest yearly event in all of toribash, despite this, it feels like trying to feed a dead dog a new type of medicine, it simply isnt going to do anything to help the current predicament tb is in whereas clan league is around the time a considerable amount of inactive players come back for a bit. i'm strongly against this new grouping stage thing, as it kills the hype clan league once had. afaik, only three or four wars had a considerable amount of players watching at the time and the only two i've seen is like desolate vs whoever and aeon vs tank. and for the fact that people say complaining won't help, isn't it the job of the es to take things the majority of active members in the given event into account and present the community with an event they'll enjoy? not saying it could change much now, but people could look to what a disaster the beginning phase of this year's clan league was and hopefully prevent it from happening again. as for the bracket round; only time will tell.

tl;dr this beginning round / new idea was a disaster and i hope that es will do something to prevent this from happening again and keep clan league traditional
My aunt has 2 great big personalities (boobies), and i love playing with them all night long
no ones even tried to defend the es with legitimate points instead of just “i like it and you all suck”

criticism is a thing, and we aren’t whiners for trying to express our displeasure
The only reason that it isn't working well is that the most of the clans that joined to the event are not able to get at least 4 players online to do the matches...
That's not ES fault.
~ [Tribe]Shade ~
Guys please.

The ES and Neko have been working hard to made this clan league edition. All ideas are valid, not all of them are the perfect idea, but no one would know if it works or not without trying. They must be recognized for their work, because probably nobody here (even me) would have the patience and the determination to make an clan league edition. Not saying that any of you guys can't do it, I'm saying that making a clan league is not that easy as you guys think, that's why the WHOLE ES team work on it. So please let's respect neko's and ES team decisions about the stages and all, new ideas are always welcome.
-----
And please let's keep the conversation about clan league to #toribash or #offtopic channels in discord.
Last edited by Life; Aug 25, 2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
R.I.P Static
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
The only reason that it isn't working well is that the most of the clans that joined to the event are not able to get at least 4 players online to do the matches...
That's not ES fault.

CL 2018 8/24
CL 2017 3/19
CL 2016 9/39
This is the ratio for inactive clans to clans participating, if challonge didn't purge old brackets i'd check for 2015 and 2014 but i guess the numbers would be similar to 2016 CL.
First round of clan league usually served the purpose of purging idling clans form bracket, as ES sadly you have to take into account that these things happen and there is no way of ensuring that every signed up clan plays.

Originally Posted by Life View Post
Guys please.

The ES and Neko have been working hard to made this clan league edition. All ideas are valid, not all of them are the perfect idea, but no one would know if it works or not without trying.

Experimenting is fine and should be encouraged but sometimes it's better to take it one step at a time instead of throwing all of it into biggest event there is.
For example hosting a smaller team event first where people make their own teams.

They must be recognized for their work, because probably nobody here (even me) would have the patience and the determination to make an clan league edition. Not saying that any of you guys can't do it, I'm saying that making a clan league is not that easy as you guys think, that's why the WHOLE ES team work on it.

It so happens i hosted clan league before so i'm aware of the difficulty, it's not an event that you could leave alone and come back for results for sure, however i think you are overestimating involvment of the team in this, past the discussion stage it's probably just neko on his own with two or three posts of support behind the stage.

So please let's respect neko's and ES team decisions about the stages and all, new ideas are always welcome.
And please let's keep the conversation about clan league to #toribash or #offtopic channels in discord.

No disrespect intended here.
People are free to discuss if these ideas work under current circumstances or not, what's better place to talk about clan league than clan league thread? It's pretty empty in here anyway.
Constructive criticism like Gentleman's have more worth than praise and head pats.
Alternatively you could focus on all the other posts in this thread and get the idea people hate you for some reason.

People who are openly disappointed are those who cared, i'd worry more about those who just gave up without as much as leaving a single post.

Neko doing this made it also a lot harder for himself cosidering he has to somehow sort and seed the bracket properly, there is 20 clans left and 4 needs to be eliminated, i don't think war results make the matter any more easier.
Aside from the late starting time of the event, I don't see why so much hate is coming out of this format. It's something new that makes Clan League more than "inactive clans come together to do a bracket'. Realistically speaking if we boil down Group Stage, it's basically just playing two rounds of a Bracket except instead of having one week to schedule, you have two. However confusing it may have seemed initially, uncaring attitude from the clans who tried to enter doesn't mean the format in question was bad or ruined CL this year. Clans like RelaxAll wasn't going to play their match regardless of if this format existed or not. Clans that chose to play their matches individually and count them up instead of finding a set time to meet up doesn't discredit anything, to be frank. They had the option to do it the tradition way and were actually encouraged to. AUS/US/RU clans being matched together might have been a scheduling nightmare, but you were given two weeks to find a day or multiple times to get at the absolute maximum 24 games done. If you were unable to do this then I don't see how it would be any different in a bracket style environment.

Overall, the time in which CL started was way late considering people like me go to College/Uni literally this week, and younger folk have school already or very soon. Otherwise there is a lot of complaining about something new when it wasn't the main reason things went awry at all.

Neko is trying especially hard to make sure everything runs smoothly and in the following advancements on the event he will continue to do so. The community rage is understood but pitchforks need to be raised in a reasonable manner.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
Neko is trying especially hard to make sure everything runs smoothly and in the following advancements on the event he will continue to do so. The community rage is understood but pitchforks need to be raised in a reasonable manner.

I haven't really seen any unreasonable hate towards the event though, most of it was simply criticism. And personally I respect neko for taking this event up, because if i'm correct someone else was supposed to host the event and messed up big time which is why it was delayed so long, so it's not his fault in the slightest.

Also the meanest post I could find within a minute of searching was this:

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=76
Clans like RelaxAll wasn't going to play their match regardless of if this format existed or not.

RA was planning on playing had the format stayed the same as it's always been. The amount of effort and coordination it takes in this current format is just to much.
Its because ES team almost never host tournament events throughout the year so have no experience in this sort of event.

Any active player could have looked at this format and in 2 seconds they could tell you it would fail. Neko and friends don't deserve any respect for killing the last decent event toribash had. Current staff (neko & co) need to be fired, they are incompetent and this event proves it, toribash been on a massive decline for the past year.
Last edited by FistofLife; Aug 26, 2018 at 04:27 PM.
Clans like RelaxAll wasn't going to play their match regardless of if this format existed or not

You're absolutely right. Half of RA came back to the game around the time CL usually starts by pure coincidence. Clan League is the only reason much of the older player base return to the game- Because in the past it worked. So why do you feel the need to change it, it's not worth the risk for just an 'ah that was kinda cool'.

Group Stages were a bad idea, stick with what works. Also, don't call out clans like that; similarly a bad idea.

And it's weren't* you fucking imbecile
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb