Toribash
Original Post
Old servers vs New servers, and different versions of Toribash
If you can't see any rooms, or otherwise play toribash, and this happened recently:
Make sure that you are running the newest version of toribash. At the time of this writing, those versions are 3.94 for windows, and 3.93 for OSX. This is because the servers were moved, and the old servers are hardcoded in the old clients.

Two things just happened:

1. Old Toribash servers have been shut down, rendering all toribash versions older than 3.94 useless
2. Vox made a patch to make pre-3.94 versions useful again, by making old clients connect to new servers.

Basically, a lot of people are unable to play with up to date versions, for a variety of reasons. With this patch, you can patch the client of your choice, and play on the new servers.
Lastly you may also need the servers text file below for versions before 3.5, this should replace the servers text file in your installed Toribash folder.

So without further ado:
Click here to download the latest version of Toribash.
Click here to download the patch
Click here to get the server list you will need to make 3.32 and older to work.
Click here to get the client of your choice

NB: This patch only works with windows clients. But a Mac version is under development

Confirmed working with versions:
3.01 (Requires servers.txt as provided above, not the patch.)
3.32 (Requires servers.txt as provided above, not the patch.)
Last edited by Vox; Dec 9, 2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Patch updated to work on older versions.
Updated, new servers text file and patch update to make it work on older versions.

NOTE: I have not tested that versions older than 3.6 are actually capable of earning Qi or TC, I will cover that later.
Last edited by Vox; Dec 9, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Another update, 3.2 has been confirmed to work and I just got Qi and TC using it, so you should be able to use very old versions and still play. You do not need to run the patcher for versions that old, just copy the servers.txt file in.

Also 3.01 works as well.

[EDIT] Apparently someone tried to run this and their antivirus told them it wasn't safe to run the hotfix, I'd like to stress that the hotfix is entirely safe, and if you don't believe me you can download the source code from here: http://vox.jarmund.net/main.cpp and compile it your self.
Last edited by Vox; Dec 9, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
Vox is such a cool guy. Jarmund is cool too.

Turns out i never noticed a single thing go wrong, so you guys are cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
i'm not having any problems using the 3.94 xD
|[Essence]|GATA|Artist Co-Op|Italians Do It Better|TA|
|Pulse|HARWARE|bRuCiA|Weddark|Zalmoxis|
Im trying to use it with 3.86 and its not working, any suggestions/help? I cant update either so dont even go there.
[RelaxAll]Nikelaos:Kickass is chained to this clan with indestructible shackles, his balls are also superglued to the chair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is it work for MAC too?
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
Version 3.93 isnt working for me. I´m trying to play on a 10.4.11 OS X MacBook pro. The program just wont start. I´m clicking on the toribash.app icon but nothing happens...
Any hope for a patch in the near future?
thx in advance, because u ppl are doing a really great job with that game and stuff!