Ranking
Original Post
STOP COPYPASTING

0/10

Doesn't deserve more constructive critisism than that.
Wrrrrr
Eztehhhhh

it isn't c/p >.>

only eyes in head are c/p, but i edit it hand draw >.>

also rest textures sux becouse it's 128x128 :P and head in 512x512

Ezeth FAg >.>

Edit

Last Update :

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8444/subzero6.png
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9893/subzero7.png
Last edited by skura; Feb 27, 2010 at 08:43 PM.
I'm very sure that is copy paste, since I saw the head about 6 months ago, and
it was exactly the same as this one.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Work a lot harder on the hands and feet; they're the hardest textures to map, but they're also the textures that are keeping the set from looking complete and good as a whole. For the hands I'd suggest incorporating more cloth, because for now the cloth seems to be a single random strap. Which doesn't make sense because the original idea of using cloth on hands came from the use of series of cloth straps that made your knuckles hurt less whenever you punch.

As for the feet, well it looks like you just reused a previous texture... I mean those don't look like shoes or anything that'd go on well on feet. If I remember right Sub Zero doesn't have shoes/sandals. So you could probably get away with just using a black cloth-like texture.

The rest of the set is awesome thou' I'm really loving the realism on the legs, and the serious expression of the face. So far it's a really great set, except for the hands and feet.

Now then, Ezeth, it doesn't matter if it is or isn't a C&P. He asked you to comment on the quality of the set; not how it's made. If you dislike C&P sets then say so at the end of a serious critique. Don't go around giving people crappy ratings just because of your own preferences. It ain't gonna stop C&P sets from coming, and it ain't gonna make the texturist feel good either. So, just don't do it. It won't help anyone.

(>^_^)>
Hey Jinxz, Critisizing this would be like critisizing random google images. So if I go "WOW 10/10" it won't judge the actual texturist performance itself.

I don't see how critisizing something that isn't yours can benefit yourself or your future.

You won't see real game texturists for FPS games go like "HEY CHECK WHAT I FOUND ON GOOGLE"

And I know you might say "Doesn't matter its toribash where the performance doesn't count, only the looks" That attitude makes me sick. Making people pay 10 times more than normal for a copypaste that took him 10 min (Or maybe more/less depending on the mapping) works because peoples wants the stuff that looks good not the one put performance into ofc. If everyone did stuff like that the whole texturing buisness on toribash would collapse and google images would be sold everywhere possible to 12 year old kids that don't know how to map the google images to a sphere as professional as the so called "Texturists" that they call themselves.

I know people might claim that they put alot of work into their copypastahs, but the truth is that a google image is more or less done for textures, you just need to make it fit. And with the right knowledge this won't take very long.

This is some sort of legal scamming. Just a cheap way to get better results than you as a person would ever achieve.
Last edited by Ezeth; Feb 28, 2010 at 02:50 AM.
also

Head:
yeah i use c/p the front but i edit it ,I reworked almost the entire front
for example,see the holes and head from side to side and the bottom

Rest: i don't use textures for it, i use hand draw, also i will edit arms
Fuck, I just lost my comment due to a misclick on my phone ;-;

So to make things shorter.

Face is familiar. This suggests c/p.
Shading on blue mask below face is nice. Simple but accurate. Same for the metal. However, head varies too much in detail. High in the face. Pretty damn low everywhere else. Another sign of c&p. To make it blend better, choose faces that are similar to your sets style. Or reshade them to be. I'd encourage the latter since that would give more practice with shading.

Don't know sub zero so excuse me if this is by design. But hands look like separate halves stuck together. Connect fingers to knuckles to back of hand.
Seems like legs are more detail dense than the head. Not as well shaded, but certainly more objects. I wish shading on body had same attention as head did. Seems more jagged, and not cuz of lower pixels.

Also. Take. Better. Screenshots. Your arms cover up the thighs so I can't judge. What's wrong with the traditional hold-all stance? You only needed 3 pics to get everything. Front, back, and side. For inside legs, use a heli kick, which should also reveal inside arms. You don't need a fancy pose here. This should be more for getting comments to help improve. Without good shots, it's hard to criticize constuctively. Heck, your two v7 shots looked pretty much the same. Can't stress enough how crucial good shots are.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
dont know why youre getting so worked up ezeth, the front of the head is c/p yes, but it doesnt look like the rest is tho, and its well done.
the head is c/p. blending into the back of the head is done nicely
generally, the set is very well made.
a few crits for the hands. colour of the cloth, needs to match the rest of the set.
and the size of the fingers is a bit concerning. goo google "fists" or something to get sizes and proportions right
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-