Ranking
Original Post
stressed joints
hey, I was wondering if Toribash has stressed joints? for instance: if you point so much pressure on one joint it will snap. I noticed that happening to me when I did certain moves. is that a normal part of the game?
umm when it turns purplish its just a fractured joint if thats what ur talkign about it makes that joint stay relaxed for the rest of the match
If a joint is Red, that means it is under stress.

The redder the joint is, the easier it will break

I dunno if that applies to the players weight though

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by Bailey17
umm when it turns purplish its just a fractured joint if thats what ur talkign about it makes that joint stay relaxed for the rest of the match

err. no. I already know about that. I mean, putting enough stress on the joints to have them break. just wondering if it was normal and asking for any tips on avoiding it.
Yes, too much stress on a joint may make it fracture or break, depending on the mod settings.

That's basically what a strike is - applying a lot of pressure on a point really fast.

Avoiding it will come with experience, as you get a better idea of game mechanics. For now you may relax some joints to alleviate the stress applied.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Yes, too much stress on a joint may make it fracture or break, depending on the mod settings.

That's basically what a strike is - applying a lot of pressure on a point really fast.

Avoiding it will come with experience, as you get a better idea of game mechanics. For now you may relax some joints to alleviate the stress applied.

hmm, so relaxing a joint, lessens the chance of a break/fracture? well, the mod setting were wushufixed.tbm and I happened to have strained my leg (extended it in a quick motion into the ground) and my knee snapped. at first, I was like what the hell... then I realized, that it was pretty much normal physics.
Originally Posted by 1337Player View Post
hmm, so relaxing a joint, lessens the chance of a break/fracture? well, the mod setting were wushufixed.tbm and I happened to have strained my leg (extended it in a quick motion into the ground) and my knee snapped. at first, I was like what the hell... then I realized, that it was pretty much normal physics.

Indeed. Just like in real life, kicking anything hard with all your strength is probably not a very good idea.

Relaxed joints absorb stress - held joints channel stress. Each serves their purpose. I think this wushu guide may help you, as it has a section on hold/relax: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=86039
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Indeed. Just like in real life, kicking anything hard with all your strength is probably not a very good idea.

Relaxed joints absorb stress - held joints channel stress. Each serves their purpose. I think this wushu guide may help you, as it has a section on hold/relax: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=86039

ahh, late response. just finished reading that whole tutorial, and it's great. very detailed and answered pretty much all of my wushu questions. (even some I haven't thought of yet) thanks a bunch odlov.
When the question is about Wushu... Odlov helps.
Thanks Odlov :v
Closing, because answered.

Originally Posted by 1337Player View Post

I'm actually surprised that you aren't one of those who just complains that it was a random fracture/dismemberment, and then is just a sore loser.
It's always good to see people like you ;)