ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[AUCTION] Inspired Heads
GENTLEMEN

(And Ladies)

This summer I am getting ahead in college by taking an art class. My first assignment is to create 10 abstract works of art for my not-too bright professor. So, with that in mind, I’ve decided to create Toribash Head Textures! When flat, these textures will look like abstract art. But wrap them around a sphere and… voilá! It makes (some at least) sense!

How does this affect you?
As I am a budding young capitalist, I’ve decided to commercialize my “education”. So I’m auctioning the heads! And best of all, since this endeavor benefits me and I believe in a free market system, THE MINIMUM RAISE IS ONLY 10TC (the minimum allowed by hanz0)! However, please keep in mind that these will all have some time and effort put into them - the textures will be scrutinized by an art professor, after all – so make reasonable bids. The minimum bid will be 100 tc, as I expect you to act like good fellow capitalists and get that price up!

So what are you bidding on?
I will create a head texture for each the winning bidders (more on that later). Please bid with the following format:

Bid: X tc
Colors: Please post at least 2 colors and a third [accent] color
Inspiration: Every artist needs his muse. You can put anything here… what do you want your head to be inspired by? Anything from Lions to Zelda to Moebius Strips (see below), literally anything can serve as inspiration! You don't even have to write words here, feel free to insert an image. Keep in mind that it still is abstract art… IT IS NOT GOING TO BE REALISTIC, OR EVEN NECESSARILY ACCURATE.

Example Bid:

Bid: 1,360 tc
Colors: Pure, Supernova [Demon]
Inspiration: Moebius Strips/Infinity

So how do you win?!
Below is a list numbered #1-7. These will be kept current in ranked order of the highest bidder! KEEP THIS IN MIND: You don’t have to win the auction to get a head – only be in the top 7! How awesome is that?!

After 7 different people have bid, I will begin work on the highest bid’s request. I will (roughly) work solely on whoever has the highest bid at the time. I will tend to work on the texture of whoever has the highest bid at the time, because I’m ADD and am going to be switching around anyways lol.

Once all 7 are done I will do touch-ups upon request.

If it turns out that you were knocked out of the top 7 but I began work on your head anyways, AND if I feel that I made decent progress I'll pm you with what I have and ask if you'd like me to continue - we can work out a deal.

Thanks, and I look forward to being inspired by you!

This Auction will close if the last post (not including my own) is more than 72 hours old, or if I complete 7 head textures.

tl;dr: makin abstract heads, need inspiration.

Winning Bidders
#1. 1.5k tc - orion911 - Void/Pure [vampire] - Mandelbrot Set
#2. 1k tc -orion911 - void/pure [vamp/others] - {salvador dali-thepersistence of memory}
#3. 250 tc -incocnicto -Acid/Orc [void/supernova]
#4. 200 tc - dabie - Aqua/Helios [Demon]
#5.
#6.
#7.

Bid: 1k
Colors: black, white, vampire, anything you want
Inspiration: Salvador Dali the persistence of memory
also
Bid: 1.5k
colors: black, white, vampire
Inspiration: Mandelbrot Set
(if either of my bids/requests turns out the way i hope i may pay upwards of 10k)
The textures shown in the following preview(s) are in 256x256 pixel resolution. In order to use the resolution shown in the preview, you MUST have the corresponding high-resolution texture item, available in the Torishop for 10,000TC.
- hanz0

Examples:
Inspired by the Moebius Strip:

Inspired by the Venom Stimulant:

Inspired by Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards:

Notice: You are NOT bidding on the three heads shown above.
Last edited by HedHuntr; May 29, 2010 at 08:32 AM.
Katana League
The Aikido Team
Bid: 100 tc
Colors: Acid/Orc (shades of green) [accent] void/ or vampire/supernova
Inspiration : basically a zombie

Basically what ever looks best

Sorry that there so big, and gl hope you do well in your assignment--
Black Lives Matter. Smash racism, whatever means necessary.
Originally Posted by incocnicto View Post
Inspiration : basically a zombie

Thats a great idea.

Also, I've extended the deadline to 72 hours
Last edited by HedHuntr; May 26, 2010 at 09:14 AM.
Katana League
The Aikido Team
If there is no more interest in 24 hours this auction will close. I will make incocnicto's head for free.
Katana League
The Aikido Team
Bid: 200tc
Colors: Aqua, Helios [Demon]
Inspiration: Moebius Strips/Infinity
Proud Officer of VorteX
Clicky
Bid: raising bid to 250tc
Colors: As above
Inspiration: As above
Black Lives Matter. Smash racism, whatever means necessary.
Bid: 1k
Colors: black, white, vampire, anything you want
Inspiration: Salvador Dali the persistence of memory
also
Bid: 1.5k
colors: black, white, vampire
Inspiration: Mandelbrot Set
(if either of my bids/requests turns out the way i hope i may pay upwards of 10k)
Last edited by Orion; May 29, 2010 at 04:42 AM.
I'll take TC after. Especially since hopefully you'll really like them and tip me ;)
Katana League
The Aikido Team
Alright, if there are no more bids by the end of tonight, this auction will be closed.

Also, I will need resolutions from each of you

EDIT: Auction closed
Last edited by HedHuntr; Jun 3, 2010 at 08:56 PM.
Katana League
The Aikido Team