ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
The problem with choosing knowledge and respect is that the value of knowledge and criteria for being respected differ drastically between cultures whereas in general happiness is universally valued on a personal level. It is the natural reward for the human mind biologically whereas money is a concept an knowledge is just another tool. I'm a world where knowledge (of the type I think you were referencing) is becoming ever more easy to access it might not be such a valuable pursuit as you think. Whereas happiness is internal and although access to it is variable the usefulness and about to complete its purpose doesn't change since it fulfills itself.

But sure, money is fun too I guess.

What do you mean, young Zelda? Is it that Bachelor, Magister, Doctoral degrees are shorter to get in your country, but just as good (because you get spoonfed / quality learning more?). Or is it that people are nice and mentor you to fix most of your personal & money problems, so you get rich quickly, like exponential?
-----
Originally Posted by chaossook View Post
Yeah, I just wanted to point out that what is considered to be "optimal" for some isn't going to be "optimal" for others.

Ok, I think I kinda get your point now c: Yeah, it could depend a bit, if we look at personal goals.
Last edited by JSnuffMARS; Mar 27, 2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I was referring to the information era we are in, you can find out how to do things in seconds on your smartphone which you would once need a library or professor to learn. Sure knowing how to do things before they happen is useful, but usually the Internet can tell you how to do it as well, and technology's ability to do this is increasing.
Good morning sweet princess