Ranking
Another thing that would be helpful on getting new players to stay is a better tutorial, now you cant learn everything from a tutorial but when I started player a while ago I learned most of everything I know from friends but the tutorial didnt really help at all, maybe a more in-depth tutorial would help people out more and they might actually want to stay and play because they at least know something off the bat
Submerge:God at the climax of that fap I had to yell FUS ROH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I agree with you on the better tutorial but this is a little bit off subject. Do you think that Toribash is going up hill or down hill? Also a side subject could be what could we do as a community to help Toribash go up hill.

I think that more noob friendly events should be held to make sure that the people below black belt are getting in on some of the community action. Tell me what you think of this idea!
[14:08] <@ego> uncreative fuck R.I.P TL;DR
[14:08] <GoldenRox> That's me all right \(o_o/)
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
I used to kinda want to teach people. But they're so bad learners I gave up. Most people that ask how to play better or how to win from duels, they lazy, they don't even wanna put in work

Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
There's no shame in spending money to get better

In fact, if it can make a difference, it's often a very sensible thing to do and may be a factor in deciding who's gonna get good, who won't

now think about all the college students paying for college, do you consider their decision 'shameful' as well?

I really don't understand your reasoning. People play games to relax not just to "get good" Calling people lazy for being bad at a videogame is one of the most moronic things I've ever heard. Also being good at an unpopular videogame and getting a degree are completely different things.

Now on topic.

Toribash as a whole hasn't really changed in however long I've been playing. The game doesn't change but the people do, I used to be able to go in game and find 10-15 servers with people I know well in them, now I'm lucky if I find 1.

In my opinion, toribash needs to change a bit to stay on it's feet. Game mechanics haven't changed in nearly 10 years and they kind of need to if this game is to become a seriously taken competitive game. I'm not talking e-sports because you need a large community, a large sum of money and interested semi-pro players to warrant a game being an e-sport.

Adding things like grab-breaks will make a positive change, I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
I think that the idea about grab breaks is a really good idea! When I said we need to get a few Youtubers to play Toribash I didn't mean semi-popular Youtubers I mean BIG. Though small Youtubers help Toribash I think it would take a very well known person to get Toribash known. In the Indie game world we are very secluded, we tend to keep our game to our small community and not branch out. I think there could be room for change and more players.
Yeah like Neko said, toribash needs to start trying to improve its mechanics, the suggestions and ideas section, while having a decent amount of really shit ideas, is a pretty good source of possible things to add. The problem with publicity is that toribash looks really boring live unless you know what is going so doesn't make great commentaries for youtubers.
Good morning sweet princess
When I first came to Toribash in 2010, I did not know even 5% of what this game really was. I was rambling on it several months because I have always liked the simple and different games. But since all I knew about the game was the in-game part, then got bored because I did not see anything new that impressed me. (Actually I was a noob: level god) So I went in and came out several times, until my last account created in 2013, which I am now. Then I discovered better all this about the forum and stuff (spar, parkour, events, etc) through the videos of Mocucha and the popularity of sparring rooms.

So in my experience, at the beginning I did not have any clear and strong guidance I could have discovered all that has Toribash. Chances are that most new users begin testing the game before entering the forum, as in the game there is almost nothing who tells you even that there is a forum, then they will see mostly what they find inside the game. And, if they found it or someone told them to go to forum, then they might not know how to use it. The player must find everything to know how the hell this runs. And THAT is one of the problems in which Toribash might seem stuck or going down.

Something inside the game should welcome the new users and show them all the most interesting things Toribash has(including the forum, seasonal events, tourneys, community, etc). As some people said before about the tutorial in the game, it should improve how the introduction is done, so the players will know at first what they are dealing with.
I completely agree with Jodus.
Also, Golden when you were saying "BIG" youtubers, there are some "BIG" youtubers that do play toribash and that has definetly helped us but I still think we need more publicity than just something like that. What we need I do not know.
NerdCubed and ChimneySwift are the only ones with 1kk+ subs that I can think of.

It temporarily boosts new players but they tend to fall into obscurity.

Heck, I joined because of a video ChimneySwift made in like 2012.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Yeah I remember the "why did you join Toribash" thread a while ago. People almost exclusively were looking up ragdoll fighting games already or were from NerdCubed and ChimneySwift. That's why I feel like youtube is the answer.
Good morning sweet princess
The main reason why I joined Toribash was because Mocucha's videos. I saw how easily all the people made it look and I wanted to do that, so I joined the community!

On another note, I feel kinda sad about a lot of the old members of Toribash leaving or becoming inactive because of the ancient clans dying out. Now honestly there are a few of the old clans that are becoming totally inactive. But some of the other clans have members that lurk around the forums and are still there.