ES Recruitment Drive
Please don't listen to Dscigs, he said a lot of dumb things just then.

It's just the graphics and the cooling. 13" macbook pros aren't made to run anything heavy. There's not really anything you can do about it, the cooling kicks in automatically, and if it didn't then it would overheat. The graphics it uses is very basic, and can't be upgraded.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Please don't listen to Dscigs, he said a lot of dumb things just then.

It's just the graphics and the cooling. 13" macbook pros aren't made to run anything heavy. There's not really anything you can do about it, the cooling kicks in automatically, and if it didn't then it would overheat. The graphics it uses is very basic, and can't be upgraded.

It's cooling automatically yes but only internally, and I'd hate to think i'm "overhauling my laptop"

So additional memory or anything like that couldn't help?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Could try using Ubuntu. I've heard Puppy Linux is good for super low end specs also.
(>^_^)>
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
It's cooling automatically yes but only internally, and I'd hate to think i'm "overhauling my laptop"

So additional memory or anything like that couldn't help?

No, like I said, it's the GPU which is the problem, which can't be upgraded.

By the way, it's "overheating" not "overhauling"!
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post
Could try using Ubuntu. I've heard Puppy Linux is good for super low end specs also.

> i7
> super low end specs
Not really sure why you are having issues running games/programs actually, I have a Macbook Air with specs quite a bit below yours and I'm able to run a lot.
I play Arkham Asylum and CoD:MW pretty well with it, medium graphics and what not and I maintain a nice frame rate..
Another thing, closing all of your applications helps.
I've also noticed that if you are playing a game and your frame rate seems low or skippish, restarting your computer helps.
@GoodBox: I'm a bit sketched out by Linux tbh. That penguin scares me.

@Immortal: What I meant really was overworking my laptop. Like if it's chugging this hard to run the program, it seems like that would be detrimental in the long run to my laptop.

And does anyone have a reason why that would be if aracoon runs in fine with lesser specs?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
It's not great to run at high %'s all the time, but it shouldn't cause any failures.

I don't know why aracoon's would run fine and yours wouldn't. Try monitoring your RAM/CPU/GPU % usage statistics and see if anything is running badly.
What you can do about hardware to increase performance, you obviously going to buy new computer parts suitable on your motherboard. (duh)

What you can do about software to increase performance, try Razer Game Booster.
It basically shuts down services and programs (at your choice) to increase some available RAM space, and when you exit your game, it restores all previously terminated services and most of the programs.

It also features a free Windows Tweak function, basically tweaks windows to increase performance, A free driver update tool (consider updating drivers, it also increases performance), a game derfag tool, which defrags game paths to make your game load faster, and lastly a FPS tool which is "onboard" of the program, it will help you monitor the performance of your PC.

Some other features lies beyond.