Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
How to change the sounds in Toribash.
Well crap, I deleted my original tutorial when the Goons came and I thought things were headed south. I tried to find it...but I couldn't, so here is an abridged version that will hopefully get the point across.

Step one. To start you need some sort of audio editing program that not only allows you to edit WAV files, but also lets you convert other sounds formats (i.e. MP3 etc.) into WAV format. Audacity is recommended since it's free and rather easy to use. You can get it here.

Got your prog? O.K. here we go to change some sounds. :D

Step two. Pick a sound, any sound at all, one that you wont mind hearing over and over again. Next edit, sample, reverse, do what ever to the sound. Finally convert the sound to WAV if it is not already.

Step three. Open C:\Games\Toribash-4.1\data\sounds and find the sound that is bothering you. For me it was the Game over sound. Once you have found the sound, right click it, copy the sound, and paste it somewhere else on your P.C. (this is to ensure that you will be able to undo your changes) I copied mine to my desktop, but do it where ever.

Step four. Delete the original sound file. So to get rid of the "wwoooshhh, "game over" sound, you would delete gameover.WAV. Take the sound you want to replace it with and rename it with the EXACT name of the file you are replacing.

Step five. Enjoy.

:D
Last edited by WorldEater; Nov 2, 2017 at 09:56 PM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.