Ranking
Originally Posted by snake View Post
says version 0.31 is loaded, mouseless control prompt appears, but settings don't work for some reason aswell as there is no joints layout for some rason..

on 2048 x 1152 fullscreen it have only 2 buttons: save uke and save tori

err

what can i do to fix it?

EDIT: may be i'm using outdated version of toribash, will check with newest and post my results

I tried 4.92, showed same thing. So, it's not only me with the problem.

dotproduct: I recommend you post on this thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...=11734&page=34

There are some lua coders for toribash that might help..
Pretty weird though!

Good luck.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Hi again William! I don't think the Lua answers thread is going to be able to help--they can tell me what's wrong with that "line 380", but I already know and I fixed it.

I know you've already done a lot to help with this, and anytime you're tired of screwing with it is fine, but after you deleted stderr.txt, did the "line 380" error reappear? That would be really, deeply weird if so.

I tried deleting my "bpdata.lua" file, wondering if there was a problem running it without any saved data, but it created a new one just like it's supposed to. I can't think of anything else that could be different on my side than yours, but there must be something.

To anyone else who has tried this script: is it working for you?
there is no error abot line 380

only this:

no such body r_axilla
no such body l_axilla

it doesn't bring layout besides 2 buttons to save uke or tori..

EDIT: is there may be some chat /command to start the layout manually?
Last edited by snake; Dec 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
there is no error abot line 380

only this:

no such body r_axilla
no such body l_axilla

it doesn't bring layout besides 2 buttons to save uke or tori..

EDIT: is there may be some chat /command to start the layout manually?

Hi snake, thanks for the post! No, there's no command to start the layout manually--it happens automatically when the "match_begin" event fires and...oh! when YOU ARE ONE OF THE PLAYERS!

Hah, I'm stupid! Okay, go into the bodyplan.lua and near the top there's a line that says playerName = "dotproduct". Change that to your name. That should fix everything!
I see there's a sort of timer above the joint layout that stops you from moving joints with the overlay when time is up. This timer shouldn't exist in free play for obvious reasons.

The overlay did not load when starting a match in Multiplayer.

EDIT: This is because in Multiplayer, the clan tag is included as part of the player name. In order for this to work in both Free Play and Multiplayer without having to add or remove your clan tag each time, you'd have to log in with your clan tag before your name (which I am not sure is even possible anymore) or just not be in a clan.
Last edited by box; Dec 15, 2014 at 02:05 AM.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by box View Post
I see there's a sort of timer above the joint layout that stops you from moving joints with the overlay when time is up. This timer shouldn't exist in free play for obvious reasons.

The overlay did not load when starting a match in Multiplayer.

EDIT: This is because in Multiplayer, the clan tag is included as part of the player name. In order for this to work in both Free Play and Multiplayer without having to add or remove your clan tag each time, you'd have to log in with your clan tag before your name (which I am not sure is even possible anymore) or just not be in a clan.

The latest version only has the timer in multiplayer, but not in freeplay. Or at least, that's how it's supposed to work and how it works for me. It's working backward for you, you say? I'll check into that, thanks for the report.

Also, I'll change the playerName variable to a playerName() function that queries get_player_info(0).name. Do you think that'll take care of the clan tag issue? I'm not in a clan so I can't really test that myself.

Edit: Wait, that's not going to work...do you know of a way to query the player's name? I guess in the meantime I'll just check whether one of the fighter's names contains the name they logged in with.

I'm an experienced programmer, but a total Toribash noob, so I appreciate the help of veterans with issues like this.
Last edited by dotproduct; Dec 15, 2014 at 02:14 AM.
Originally Posted by dotproduct View Post
The latest version only has the timer in multiplayer, but not in freeplay. Or at least, that's how it's supposed to work and how it works for me. It's working backward for you, you say? I'll check into that, thanks for the report.

Fair enough, I had the version just before it.

Originally Posted by dotproduct View Post
Also, I'll change the playerName variable to a playerName() function that queries get_player_info(0).name. Do you think that'll take care of the clan tag issue? I'm not in a clan so I can't really test that myself.

This will solve the issue of having to change the name between single and multiplayer, but the user is not always Tori (which is the player data grabbed by the zero index of get_player_info).

I just checked the script for the ingame Torishop since it uses the logged in users data and noticed a few functions that are not documented. get_master().master.nick seems to be the function that you're looking for. Unfortunately, it does not include the clan tag, but it's just a matter of removing the clan tag from the username when you're checking if the user is playing.

EDIT: Just a forewarning, get_master().master.nick apparently echos the value for no reason. I don't really think it's that big of a deal given the amount of output your script already gives, but don't get stumped over it.

Okay, I changed playerName to read from get_master().master.nick, and I made the controls activate if either of the fighters' names contains playerName. This might have some false positives, but hopefully no false negatives due to clan tags.

Thanks for cluing me in to that (undocumented?) function, box. Maybe people will finally be able to use this thing now!
Last edited by dotproduct; Dec 15, 2014 at 02:49 AM.
It'd be better if you just split the clan tag from the username.

Ok, tested online and offline. Works perfectly..it is just amazing how useful this is.

Suggestion: Ability to turn off emotes through a command. It's awesome and all...but I see some people finding it annoying.

EDIT: NVM, that's present in the suggestions box.

Will check for more stuff later, thanks again for this!
Your messed up world enthrills me