ES Recruitment Drive
Well I can tell what map it is, so Good job on the layout. It is a very well know map though so the gap in the wall, double door gate, the tunnels and pallettes of bricks are going to instantly resinate with people who play CS.

The bad for me is it is lacking a good final polish, the temple seems rushed and the luminous blue really spoils it for me, One of the stone colours looks a little green.
Also why is there black behind the broken wall in first screen?.

Jisse showed me this site http://imgr.co/,
it is a Pretty cool site, you can upload a screenshot of the real de dust map and it will create a colour chart with all the rgb values in the image for you, Or just use existing schemes that pair well together.

As for object limit, you have gone a bit overkill on the piles of stone, You could easily reduce the number of blocks, (The rest of map is not an exact replica, so why do piles of rocks need to be accurate?) You probably have as many stones on those piles as there are in the temple and walls.
I like what you did creating a shadow effect going in to the tunnel, But again it is a massive strain on the object count, As a detail It is great but makes the rest of your map look plain in contrast.

For me, Needs a remodel in some areas, Reduced object count in others and a big re-colour. 6.5 / 10
Last edited by blun7y; Jul 7, 2015 at 09:47 AM.
- Blu -
I'm on mobile. This looks great by the way, but I have a question. Did you make the whole map or just this particular section and some more outward?
Have a good day
Originally Posted by blun7y
Also why is there black behind the broken wall in first screen?.

CT Spawn

As for object limit, you have gone a bit overkill on the piles of stone, You could easily reduce the number of blocks, (The rest of map is not an exact replica, so why do piles of rocks need to be accurate?) You probably have as many stones on those piles as there are in the temple and walls.
I like what you did creating a shadow effect going in to the tunnel, But again it is a massive strain on the object count, As a detail It is great but makes the rest of your map look plain in contrast.

I do agree on the boxes, I may have put a bit too many(There's about 18-20). the shadow effect has little strain on object count seeing it's only four pieces.

Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I'm on mobile. This looks great by the way, but I have a question. Did you make the whole map or just this particular section and some more outward?

Just the B site c:
Last edited by Chilledon; Jul 7, 2015 at 06:44 PM.
[My Replays] | [Aether] | [PM Me For Request Mods] | [Tricktionary]
[Static] | [Xioi] | [♥2WC♥] | [iFred] | [Oblivion]
Originally Posted by Chilledon View Post
CT Spawn

That did not answer the question lol, last time I played this map on CS, I dont remember the CT spawn being a tarmac car park :S you started on a dusty ramp trying not to get spawn sniped through the double gates.

I do agree on the boxes, I may have put a bit too many(There's about 18-20). the shadow effect has little strain on object count seeing it's only four pieces.

Just the B site c:

That did not answer the question lol, last time I played this map on CS, I dont remember the CT spawn being a tarmac car park :S you started on a dusty ramp trying not to get spawn sniped through the double gates.

Yeah the blocks, with a bit of planning you could get similar looking piles with 4 or 5 objects If they are going to be static

I count 16 objects for the shadow effect in the doorway 4 on each surface, Am I wrong? Sorry have not had time to load it yet and check.

But if it is just four you can teach me how you did it :P
Last edited by blun7y; Jul 7, 2015 at 07:02 PM.
- Blu -

CT Spawn has the same fade effect as the tunnel, it's at the bottom of the ramp through the doors

I count 16 objects for the shadow effect in the doorway 4 on each surface, Am I wrong? Sorry have not had time to load it yet and check.

But if it is just four you can teach me how you did it :P

It's basically Just four blocks that get more solid in opacity as they move inwards. For example, the alpha channel for the four objects go in this order : 100,150,200,255. Which creates a shadow effect making it darker as they go back
[My Replays] | [Aether] | [PM Me For Request Mods] | [Tricktionary]
[Static] | [Xioi] | [♥2WC♥] | [iFred] | [Oblivion]
Definitely good but I'm not a huge fan tbh.

I feel like there wasn't much time put into this one, you just kind of did it. The doors and and window need work. The doors should have curved at the top so they fit into the arch. I don't like how everything is just one solid block and just thrown there not very to scale, like x-box, it should have had a darker line in the middle and at the top but the top line went out a slight bit further. Color scheme is ok but I feel the blue parts should have been a darker blue. I feel like you should have added the car but that's fine

Needs more detail and more time put into it imo 6/10

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Wow this is great for sparrers trickers and parkourers. Pretty well rounded. And yeah the doors are a bit bad but this is awesome. 9/10.
Matarika>MOOOOOOVE OVER Megan Fox
Matarika> TIME TO TURN UPTON
Originally Posted by Chilledon View Post
CT Spawn has the same fade effect as the tunnel, it's at the bottom of the ramp through the doors

It's basically Just four blocks that get more solid in opacity as they move inwards. For example, the alpha channel for the four objects go in this order : 100,150,200,255. Which creates a shadow effect making it darker as they go back

I did think you could have done it that way at first, but for me that method does not work (maybe Because I play on minimum gfx), I can only see 1 opaque object through another darker or lighter, any more just dissapear for me. I don't think I have ever tried it with grey but diff colours definately dissapear,
I tried to make a target once white,blue and yellow centre, and the yellow just would not show up inside even on 255. Or maybe it is because it was inside 2 objects hmmmm never questioned it til now :P.
Thats why I thought you had used 4 gradually darker blocks for each side of the wall around the door.

Thankyou for explaining it to me, I will let you know what I see in that doorway when I get round to loading it.

Also If you are going to attempt to fix the gates, I would suggest closing them to be able to do the arch justice, I dont see how It is possible to have a rounded top whilst having them open, Only by using a buttload of small objects.
Last edited by blun7y; Jul 7, 2015 at 09:38 PM.
- Blu -
omg counters trike map as a toribash mod is really good idea i always wanted to see :c thnx chill but still need more work coz u messed some stuff
AlphaN00b Alt 100% Pure Noob