ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Yes if you like shoveling, No if you don't
Yes
25 Votes / 64.10%
No
14 Votes / 35.90%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

It's mostly a personal preference thing, but I think messing in single player for mods like aikido is a waste of time. Think about it for a second.

In singleplayer, you have a motionless dummy and your tori. If you practice on this dummy, you will get used to seeing the results from playing with this dummy.

The problem with that is that the dummy is motionless; only affected by an outside force. In multiplayer however, your opponents are unpredictable and always moving. This movement will affect the results and will be completely different in multiplayer.

The BEST (imo) way to get a good grip on the game and get better in multiplayer is multiplayer.

If we're talking about making replays here, then you still need to play multiplayer to learn your joints faster and better then keep playing on single player to make more replays.

Also, another great way to learn both in singleplayer and multiplayer are events. If you're doing something with pay, you're more motivated and are likely to do better. You'll also meet new people and learn from others.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
^ True, But as a white belt you have to admit you had problems beating uke... If you can at least beat uke in a fight on "Fight Uke" then you would grab a move to use in multiplayer go in mp test it then keep on doing that... also if you just stay in spec in a server full of brown belts and above just copy their openers :3
#omegaatebooty k0hta'sfather static'sfirstdaddy
I for one think Sp can help you in some cases more than Mp. Let's say you want to test a move. Do it on Uke instead of hoping you'll get the right opener from an a opponent. Want to start using a new technique? Do it on Uke. Want to learn more about fluidity and how to gather speed. Learn in Sp. There are plenty of things people can use Sp for. It's not a waste a time at all.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
ive always been horrible at aikido but i am a bit better at judo though i do have issues with aikido because of not being able to save myself
I learned just from a lot of watching people on youtube and in-game and just practicing in multiplayer. This game is really hard to learn compared to a lot of other games.
"Valt, no offence but i'm better than all of nitro apart from maybe azzeff who's around the same..." -Verzox 2015
A game that involves physics and many different customizable movements are generally hard.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Toribash is not all about openers. In order to be a good toribasher, you have to learn to use all different types of openers. Try playing abd with the simple noobclap against a snapkick and see if you can block it. Than you ask yourself the question, what do you do after you block. Once you have mastered the noob clap, you will often find playing matches easier and understand toribash better because (almost) all moves originate from the noobclap so once you understand the noobclap, you will be more successful at playing toribash and finding a good opener
Don't Be Racist
it is customizable but usually 20 sec (I think)

the reaction timer is how long you have each turn to move your joints before turn ends
Last edited by Eddylee; Apr 11, 2015 at 02:24 AM.