ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Best settings for SP replays?
Hey,
I want to start making SP replays. What are the best settings? Stuff like matchframes, turnframes, dmthreshold, gravity etc.
That stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: The replays I wanna make are stuff like spars, boomhits or madmen. Nothing too out there. I just need optimal settings for them. I've noticed the default settings don't feel right, & the gravity in particular isn't heavy enough.
I sincerely apologise if I post a meme.
For madmans the gravity is default, default dmtreshold and engage distance is 200 to make it easier

For spars/parkours the gravity is -30.00, dms off, fractures off, dqs off, matchframes 1000-2500 and turn frames are always 10 you can also shift+space instead
you use the settings you want to use.

dont get forced into something youre unfamiliar with.
you can do spars in default, -20, -30, -40 however you like it and however you can work the best with.

matchframes, turnframes dont matter, the replay will go as long you need it (incase with replay hacking.) turnframes is a thing people prefer, but if u want to do proper replays u need to do lots of shit+space anyways to go one turn frame. (jaker, the guy with lots of records always played with 5 turn frames but often used shift+space to go one frame forward)

every good replay maker out there has its own settings hes good at, some prefer the default one, oblivion did spars at -20 and so on. just mess around and try to keep with the one you like the most.

DMthershold should always be default at 100, if you lower it, its too easy to hit a boom and so its nothing impressive anymore. if you want a challenge you can turn it up higher, but mention it if you publish the replay anywhere.

so, just use the settings you want, it doesnt matter.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
i like an engage distance of 180-260 to have some space for the opener
i change the dm threshold rarely if i want to do something weird like a low dmt manip or a high dmt skeet dm
oh yeah
madmans:tf 2,frames 500,gravity doesn't matter, ed same. its up to what are u going to do
manips:tf 2 or 1,gravity default -9.82,ed 100-205,frames 500 or more.
selfspars:tf 2,gravity -30.00 ofc,ed 300-800,frames 750-1500.
parkour:tf 5,gravity same as spar,ed auto,frames auto
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
well for me, I like to fool around and tinker with everything.

But ideally, I tend to have myself at around 300 distance from uke if I want to make a nice opener-esque replay where I can have more room to work with. Other distances are fine, but I find 300 perfect for me.

For dm threshold, I always keep it at 100 all the time. From what I have found is that any higher, and you will have trouble getting large boom hits, and any less you will constantly be finding your foot or hand breaking off making booms frustrating, moreso than usual.

I tend to fool around with gravity, but personally I enjoy the standard -9.82 gravity and probably go as high as -22. Works for me idk, I also found -15 to be a nice balance between the two. Changing the gravity may take some time getting used to however, as you would not move as you normally would in default.

Matchframes can be any number under the sun. If I want to extend my replay (increase the turnframes) I open up the replay with notepad and change the turnframes. Its quite easy to do little things like that here and there. Another useful thing you can do if you edit is you can change the type of damage, meaning you can turn self damage on, only self damage for uke, etc.

Also don't forget to try new stuff, I always find the replay makers that try something new always come up with the best stuff. For example try tinkering with the engage rotation to set up some sexy manips, etc.

also you said you felt that the gravity was too low, I think you would enjoy around -15 to -18 range. But its really up to the feel of the replay maker.

good luck! o/
Last edited by MrJingles; Jun 23, 2015 at 04:36 AM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/